FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Print Wikipost

Million Miles / Million Miler Program ARCHIVE

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2005, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by onedog
For someone who has only been flying for the past 3 years, having >600k miles in your FF account ain't too shabby (averaging about >200k miles yr). Pay a lot of attention to FT and keep on flying like you are, and 3 MM is just around the corner. Oh yeah, and do like what a lot of us here do. After you get tired of working for the man, strike out on your own so that you can rack up 100's of 1,000's of miles on credit cards. Lots of risk, but the rewards are worth it.
Last year I clocked up 148,018 in the seat miles but this year my target is expected to only be around 95,000.

Yes must get one of those credit cards that earns AA points - to think all the miles I could have achieved in the last three years makes me wince

I didn't know about the MM thingy until I joined this forum. If I had I would certainly of pulled my finger out and got a different CC back then.
Old Aug 6, 2005, 6:09 am

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, IHG Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by oldpenny16
Lands' End has double miles on AA eshopping, so I'm going to buy some cotten sheets.
I'm having a little sulk because the AA eshopping doesn't seem to work for UK delivery. Since I wanted to make some purchases from Lands End anyway I did it through the AA eshopping link and got to the Lands End UK site. I am waiting to see if I get any miles, and will be most pleased and surprised if I do.

Thanks to FT I am thinking of swapping CC too!
Old Aug 6, 2005, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
I don't know about UK prices for sheets

Originally Posted by flyingbee
I'm having a little sulk because the AA eshopping doesn't seem to work for UK delivery. Since I wanted to make some purchases from Lands End anyway I did it through the AA eshopping link and got to the Lands End UK site. I am waiting to see if I get any miles, and will be most pleased and surprised if I do.

Thanks to FT I am thinking of swapping CC too!
but the Lands' End 270 cotten sheet sleep very cool (I live in Texas). They need a little touch up ironing as they are not coated with whatever makes sheets 'no iron', but as mentioned as much cooler to sleep under than regular sheets. Perhaps not an issue in the UK....or perhaps you need to sleep warm!
Old May 29, 2006, 12:15 pm

million miles

Hi all,

I've heard that if you have a million miles, you have permanent gold status and 2 million is permanent plat. Does that mean you must have 1 million miles available, or does the million miles count miles you've already redeemed? Thanks in advance!
Old May 29, 2006, 12:22 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
i am not going to suggest search .. since that would be too simple.

one million total miles (any source) gets you lifetime GLD. In other words .. fly, charge and buy to get miles!

Your next question will be 'what else do I get a 1MM' and for that I strongly suggest search
Old May 29, 2006, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Includes all miles.
Old May 29, 2006, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
million miles question

sorry if it looks like im hijacking this thread, but i have a question on AA MM and searching yielded a lot of stuff not related.
I will be approaching 1mm AA miles 12-18 months or so (still have a loong way to go...). I read somewhere that its better to reach 1mm mile threshold while being registered with a foreign address. I happen to own property in Europe which I also enjoy residency from and it would be no sweat to add that as my "primary" residence per AA. What are the benefits of doing that? (i hope im not talking out of my a... apologies if its all BS)
Old May 29, 2006, 12:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by psyflyer
sorry if it looks like im hijacking this thread, but i have a question on AA MM and searching yielded a lot of stuff not related.
I will be approaching 1mm AA miles 12-18 months or so (still have a loong way to go...). I read somewhere that its better to reach 1mm mile threshold while being registered with a foreign address. I happen to own property in Europe which I also enjoy residency from and it would be no sweat to add that as my "primary" residence per AA. What are the benefits of doing that? (i hope im not talking out of my a... apologies if its all BS)
the only difference (but a nice one in your favor), and if it's still available a year or 2 from now is that instead of 8-500 domestic upgrade stickers, you will receive 4 e-vips, system wide upgrades.
Old May 29, 2006, 12:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by andrzej
the only difference (but a nice one in your favor), and if it's still available a year or 2 from now is that instead of 8-500 domestic upgrade stickers, you will receive 4 e-vips, system wide upgrades.
Cool. thanks ^
I knew i didnt hallucinate...
Old May 29, 2006, 12:45 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Here we go again.

By bending the rules and having a non North American address as your AAdvantage adress (should be for a bunch of months before and after the threshold) will currently get you 4(?) eVIPs (controlled capacity confirmable upgrade worldwide on AA to next class) when you cross 1MM. If you have a North American address you get some 500-mile stickers (do not recall the number). 2MM and above ALL get the eVIPs.

AA's logic (and this entire MM program is undocumented and not published by AA anywhere) is that non North American fliers are mainly international fliers who would not use the stickers. Tho at 2MM and above they just reward you and say 'thanks'.

But by bending these rules (as other posts have discussed) MAY be caught by AA and you would loose out and just get stickers. We do not know if the MM program will continue or if they will raise the limit to 2MM being the base .. or what MAY happen in the next 12-18 months. There are getting to be so many 1MM's who complain or bend the rules that AA may just give up and raise the limit to 2MM ...

BTW .. the eVIPs are nice but not once what they were. With Yield Management controlling inventory so much more (new program to not release C inventory until there are sold seats and such) .. the eVIP advance confirmability gets to be really dicey. I looked for Thanksgiving weekend for Japan and found no availability .. tho the cabin was totally empty.
Old May 29, 2006, 12:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by JGR01
Here we go again.

By bending the rules and having a non North American address as your AAdvantage adress (should be for a bunch of months before and after the threshold) will currently get you 4(?) eVIPs (controlled capacity confirmable upgrade worldwide on AA to next class) when you cross 1MM. If you have a North American address you get some 500-mile stickers (do not recall the number). 2MM and above ALL get the eVIPs.

AA's logic (and this entire MM program is undocumented and not published by AA anywhere) is that non North American fliers are mainly international fliers who would not use the stickers. Tho at 2MM and above they just reward you and say 'thanks'.

But by bending these rules (as other posts have discussed) MAY be caught by AA and you would loose out and just get stickers. We do not know if the MM program will continue or if they will raise the limit to 2MM being the base .. or what MAY happen in the next 12-18 months. There are getting to be so many 1MM's who complain or bend the rules that AA may just give up and raise the limit to 2MM ...

BTW .. the eVIPs are nice but not once what they were. With Yield Management controlling inventory so much more (new program to not release C inventory until there are sold seats and such) .. the eVIP advance confirmability gets to be really dicey. I looked for Thanksgiving weekend for Japan and found no availability .. tho the cabin was totally empty.

and who makes the arbitrary decision if one did actually move or is just doing an "temporary" address change?

What if a non FT but AAdvantage member with about 950K lifetime miles gets transfered by his company to Paris, London, Buenos Aires, Tokyo? and a year later gets transferred back......How would AA know if that's the case as opposed to a FT member that did "move" for few months to Europe?

e-vips have been very good to me. So far this year:

1 R/T TPA-ORD-DUB
1 R/T TPA-DFW-NRT

both cleared way ahead of time

coming up:

1 R/T TPA-DFW-KIX in June outbound waitlisted/inbound cleared at booking
1 R/T TPA-DFW-LGW in early November cleared at booking
2 R/Ts TPA-ORD-DUB in Nov and Dec, all cleared at time of booking

To me that looks like pretty good batting average. YMMV.
Old May 29, 2006, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat 1mm , FD GE
I have not been that lucky
I tried:
Lim - .... - Madrid for september
Lim - ..... - Tokio for october
And could not get the upgrades even with some flexibility in the dates
Old May 29, 2006, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by mightyme23
Hi all,

I've heard that if you have a million miles, you have permanent gold status and 2 million is permanent plat. Does that mean you must have 1 million miles available, or does the million miles count miles you've already redeemed? Thanks in advance!
Did you read the sticky?
Old May 29, 2006, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by ntinman
I have not been that lucky
I tried:
Lim - .... - Madrid for september
Lim - ..... - Tokio for october
And could not get the upgrades even with some flexibility in the dates
Well, you may not see the availability this far in advance, but I've never had an eVIP not clear eventually. LHR, CDG, BRU, NRT, KIX, DEL, GRU, EZE, SCL ... I've done them all without advance availability and almost always cleared a few days or even weeks ahead of time. The few exceptions cleared at the gate.
Old May 29, 2006, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by JGR01
i am not going to suggest search .. since that would be too simple.

one million total miles (any source) gets you lifetime GLD. In other words .. fly, charge and buy to get miles!

Your next question will be 'what else do I get a 1MM' and for that I strongly suggest search
Yes, i did read the sticky, i did a search, and I checked the aa website. And I already knew that any source of miles count for that. Thats not what I was asking. I just wanted to know if already redeemed miles would still count. Didn't realize it would get everyone's panties all bunched up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.