Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BankDirect .5% +AA Miles vs Pcbanker 2.05%

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2003, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
BankDirect .5% +AA Miles vs Pcbanker 2.05%

Where u guys think is a better deal considering Pcbanker rates keep going down.

Bank Direct give u 10 AA miles per $100 every month. With $20k in each it would be for a yr

Pc Banker $410

Bank Direct $100 + 24000 AA Miles

I mean do you guys think the 24000 flight miles is worth $310. Also it's tax free so might be compared to $200isj..

Old Jan 7, 2003, 1:54 pm
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
I'm not a numbers cruncher but I have been very pleased with BankDirect for the last several months.

As well as factoring in the miles you'll get for your checking account balance keep in mind that you can get referral bonuses (1,000 miles up to 10 referrals) that you can most likely pass along to interested FT'ers, 2,000 bonus miles annually for using the Bill Pay and 5,000 miles for direct deposit. (I have posted before that I received this 5,000 mile bonus WITHOUT setting up direct deposit - all I had done was tranfer some money from one of my other banks to get it).

These miles have beefed up my AA account considerably.

Old Jan 7, 2003, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
I left BankDirect when they started requiring high balances to avoid fees. After all, there really is no good reason to leave loose cash sitting around in a checking account. As far as I can tell, the best deal for flexibility and rates is ingdirect.com. At the moment they are offering 2.25% on any balance and they never charge any fees. However, ING does not offer any of the usual banking services such as paper checks, ATM withdrawals, etc. For that you'd need to open one of those free checking accounts with Washington Mutual and shuffle your funds back and forth.
Old Jan 7, 2003, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA Gold; HH Gold
I spent some time reading about the deal on bankdirect.com. I think I'm going to put some money in there, keep it in long enough to get the 1,000 bonus and miles for doing the direct deposit, then move my money to an ingdirect.com account.

Thanks for the info welookgood.com.

sk3, since you were the first person who replied that has an account, why don't you send me the info I'll need to get you the referral bons (not sure what you need to send me, but I imagine you'll know). Thanks.

And maybe I can pass my info along to someone so I can get the next referral bonus....and we can move on down the line so other people can get the bonus too.

This is definitely an easy way to get miles.

(By the way, long time lurker, first time poster. Thanks for all the great info all of you have given me....hopefully soon I can begin to return the favor)
Old Jan 7, 2003, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
I already have bankdirect, ing, and pcbanker but want to get rid of at least 1 of them. thinking of combo of bank direct/ing.. Min bal doesnt bother me as long as its not like chase/citibank (10K). avoiding taxes is nice for bankdirect
Old Jan 8, 2003, 9:54 am
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MeLike2Travel:
sk3, since you were the first person who replied that has an account, why don't you send me the info I'll need to get you the referral bons (not sure what you need to send me, but I imagine you'll know). Thanks.</font>
Thanks so much MeLike2Travel. I'll send you a referral right now. Much abliged.

Old Jan 10, 2003, 1:48 am
Original Poster

Pcbanker went down to 2%.. Now Bank Direct at .5% and miles looks much better

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.