Wiki Posts
Search

EXP Cancel/change reservations

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2014, 12:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K, AA EXP, Hilton Gold
EXP Cancel/change reservations

Searched w/o luck. As an EXP, do I still get charged the $200 if I change or cancel a reservation?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 12:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by bkkth
Searched w/o luck. As an EXP, do I still get charged the $200 if I change or cancel a reservation?
You need to pay the $200 change fee on nonrefundable ticket, even if you are the Queen of England
Old Mar 3, 2014, 9:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Welcome to FT QueenOfEngland!!
Old Mar 3, 2014, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Ticket change fee waivers are an AS MVP Gold and Gold 75K benefit. If the OP finds value in such waivers he should stick with AS-ticketed and AS-operated flights.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 10:41 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Ticket change fee waivers are an AS MVP Gold and Gold 75K benefit.
Now that is a useful benefit.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by bkkth
Just to add on to what other folks have mentioned: yes, you have to pay the fee, unless it's for an award ticket, in which case they can changed and cancelled for free.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 10:54 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
A number of changes can be made for free to award tickets; EXPs have miles redeposit fees waived.

As American Airlines is still operating as a distinct entity, this question is being moved over to the relevant thread in the pre-merger American Airlines forum.

Please note the sticky at the top of the consolidated thread which is titled Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING. With all of the changes about, it is important to know where to post, and reading that thread before posting (as the title suggests ) will help get you in the right place.

~Moderator

Last edited by JDiver; Mar 3, 2014 at 12:23 pm
Old Mar 3, 2014, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by JDiver
A number of changes can be made for free to award tickets; EXPs have miles redeposit fees waived.
True. The EXP benefits guide implies that any changes would be allowed without a fee, including those that normally attract a fee (e.g., change in destination). I've never been charged a fee for anything related to altering awards as an EXP, but I also haven't tried anything particularly complicated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.