Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Where to find availability for partner award redemption via aa? [to be merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2014, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Hi, I'm looking for a sAAver rt redemption through AA from LAX-SOF. Using AA.com I get a lot of BA metal flights. Obviously want to avoid YQ so I'm looking for partner availability: IB, AB, AY, TN. I want to piece together an itinerary before calling. I know that I can use QF's website to look for IB availability but is there another place where I can find seats for AB, AY, & TN?

And as a side question, I know that TN flies LAX-CDG. Has anyone redeemed AA miles for this flight before? Is a sAAver rate possible through TN?
Old Feb 21, 2014, 8:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pkoo
And as a side question, I know that TN flies LAX-CDG. Has anyone redeemed AA miles for this flight before? Is a sAAver rate possible through TN?
Yes. Yes.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 8:02 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Only MileSAAver awards can be claimed on partners, including Air Tahiti Nui.

Advanced Search, search thread titles, results in threads, using keyword "tn" should reveal what we might have - we do indeed have members who have flown between LAX and CDG on TN with award miles.

For starters, check

AA and Partner Airline Award info, rules (NOT for oneworld Explorer Awards) 2014

MileSAAver / SAAver Award Availability - Assistance & Discussion (consolidated) (where this query might be merged soon).

Be aware - since AA and US have not merged fleet nor policies yet, the American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Merger) Forum is what you want for these current questions.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Would either of you know whose search tool I can use to find AB, AY, & TN availability?
Old Feb 21, 2014, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

You can search for AB and AY availability right on aa.com. But AY does not serve SOF (at least, not according to the SOF Airport Wiki).
Old Feb 21, 2014, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

Ah you are right. Thank you. I guess I'm limited to AA, IB, & AB then? TN flies LAX-CDG but not CDG-SOF.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 11:54 pm
Suspended

IB does not serve SOF.

If you were willing to pay extra miles for transitting the Middle East, QR and LY are possibilities.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys
Old Feb 22, 2014, 1:49 pm

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Question Newbie using miles, need advise

Newbie using AA miles, need advice

1) What's the best website to search availability on one world? (Flying LHR-SYD, and no direct flights with availability, need some combination).

2) What's the best/cheapest way to set up a alert to check if a seat becomes available?

3) I have availability but only in coach, between QF/CX/MH, are there any airlines which more than the other tend to open more business availability closer to travel?

Thanks for your help and time.

Last edited by ELAL; Feb 22, 2014 at 2:02 pm
Old Feb 22, 2014, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
Hi ELAL,

This question comes up fairly often (as a matter of fact, the forum had a similar question yesterday), so I've gone ahead and merged your post with this current thread.

See upthread with links to other threads that might be useful for you.

With regard to your question about getting alerted if a seat opens up, you might try services such as KVS tool or ExpertFlyer to check award availability (I personally use ExpertFlyer and find it to be very valuable).

Good luck!

/Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.