Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA DFW-ICN business class seat question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2014, 11:35 am

Programs: AA ExPLT
Yes the other options were not impressive but the champagne was OK - they had Piper Heidsieck. The whiskey was Royal Crown.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does Korean speaker work right aisle both directions? It's a great tip if so. On flight to Incheon the Korean FA was amazing. Return had a surly old man while Korean FA worked other aisle. Wasn't sure if they swap on the return leg or if that was random.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 2:04 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
on my two flight experience, the Korean FA did work the right side of J and was fantastic and leagues better than the non-Korean FA across the aisle.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Does Korean speaker work right aisle both directions? It's a great tip if so. On flight to Incheon the Korean FA was amazing. Return had a surly old man while Korean FA worked other aisle. Wasn't sure if they swap on the return leg or if that was random.
On my flights in each direction I recall the Korean FA working the left aisle (I had chosen the right side each way). So, it seems to be somewhat random. Similar with other routes I've flown on internationally with AA to non-English primary language countries (NRT/GRU/GIG).
Old Jun 24, 2014, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
On my flights in each direction I recall the Korean FA working the left aisle (I had chosen the right side each way). So, it seems to be somewhat random. Similar with other routes I've flown on internationally with AA to non-English primary language countries (NRT/GRU/GIG).
It must be random...the lucky aisle is the one that has the Korean FA. Amazing the difference it makes in the service standard.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, JL JGC, Hyatt Glob
Took DFW-ICN this past December in J. Also had a Korean FA on the right aisle. But, sitting on the left side of J, I had the non-Korean FA. Service was alright.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
It must be random...the lucky aisle is the one that has the Korean FA. Amazing the difference it makes in the service standard.
I actually had great service from the FA working my aisle. Might sound weird but I've had all above average FAs on my AA international flights (2 flights in F and 6 in J over the past 2 years or so), and about half were really excellent.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 4:35 pm

Anyone know when this route will get the new 777 plane?
Old Aug 6, 2014, 5:50 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by 110pgl
Iirc, there's only one currently, N788AN, and it may not be flying an assigned route yet. Keep an eye on this one at: 777-200ER / 772 / 77D: No First; New Business Announced For 2nd Half 2014.

The current 772 config is "NGBC" (can be searched for as ngbc in thread titles, returning threads) and that's a 2 x 3 x 2 seating in J, with angled flat seats. I find them fine to sleep in, some may not. I do avoid a middle seat at nearly all costs, and I am looking forward to the day we have sufficient 772s through CIP we can see how they are assigned.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Beverage yes, but I recall the food area in the biz lounge being larger. Any difference is relatively insignificant though, and the F lounge is definitely better in every other way.
Having been in both, I didn't see much difference between the C and F lounges, other than F was much less crowded. Food/beverage offerings seemed about the same to me.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by Superguy
Having been in both, I didn't see much difference between the C and F lounges, other than F was much less crowded. Food/beverage offerings seemed about the same to me.
I too have been in both and I agree, I did not see much of a difference.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 110pgl
If you're talking about a new 77W (777-300ER), the answer is probably "never." With the current undelivered orders, AA will have just 20 of them by the end of 2016.

If you're talking about the new lie-flat J configuration (and no First Class), then JDiver covered that.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Flying AA ICN-DFW next week. Ticketed in F, and OWE. Still have access to the OZ F lounge?
Old Mar 15, 2015, 9:35 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
Flying AA ICN-DFW next week. Ticketed in F, and OWE. Still have access to the OZ F lounge?
Yes, you will be given a paper access card which you will present upon entry to the F/J lounge and then directed to the F side.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by sukn
Yes, you will be given a paper access card which you will present upon entry to the F/J lounge and then directed to the F side.
Adding to that... you will NOT be allowed in the main first class lounge, just the F/C lounge near the gate. (Not a big deal.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.