Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA DFW-ICN business class seat question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2014, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AA DFW-ICN business class seat question

Fully extended/flat is best for front and side sleepers; back sleepers are better with a slight "Z" configuration.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 3:58 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by ijgordon
back sleepers are better with a slight "Z" configuration.
+1.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by Superguy
Ok, I'll throw this question in as I have a couple of these trips expected over the next few months.

AA has some pretty good C prices to ICN. Some of them are codeshares on JL. I've never been a huge fan of JL, though that experience is on domestic flights in Japan. Who has the better seat and service for TPACs - AA or JL?

Unfortunately, I highly doubt CX will be an option for me.

I've also heard JL cranks up the heat on their flights due to eastern cultures preference for warmer temps. Has anyone found this to be the case on TPACs?

As far as the OZ lounge - which one do you get into if you're an Emerald - the C or F lounge? I can't say I found a huge difference in food offerings and stuff between the two, but the F lounge is a lot less busy.
I haven't flown JL in J (only Y NRT-ICN-NRT, and my next JL trip is in F) so I can't comment there.

For OZ lounge, if you are OWE the check-in agent should give you an invite to the F side of the lounge. This can depend by agent, I flew with another OWE, both of us in J, and my agent gave me an F invite. The other agent gave the other person a J invite. Interestingly the OZ lounge agent only needed a short explanation from us to let us both (properly) into the F lounge. It seems that mistake has been made a few times. Hopefully by now the agents are better at checkin (this was 4+ months ago).
Old Feb 21, 2014, 4:21 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
For AA 777 Business Class, use Advanced Search and search thread titles only, results as threads, for keyword "ngbc". Photos, lots of discussion, etc. (Quotation marks are required for all terms with three or fewer characters, but any search using very common terms will require them also, and any term can benefit form the quotation mark wraps to make the search specific; and case is reduced to lower case at all times.)

These will be replaced (probably slowly if surely) with a two class 777-223ER with coach, Main Cabin Extra and a new Business product similar (but not exactly the same) as the 77W / 777-3232ER.

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 6, 2014 at 5:45 pm
Old Feb 21, 2014, 9:35 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, AA EXP, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by agjil
Hello,

I've never flown AA in business class, and I'm considering buying a business class ticket for DFW-ICN round trip.
I was hoping I could get some help for my questions.
I noticed the aircraft type is a 772, which I think has the old business class seats.
How would you rate these seats?
Do they go fully flat horizontally (I fear not), and how comfortable are they for sleeping? (I hope to manage 4-5 hours of sleep at least)
Is it difficult to cross over your neighbor if you're in a window seat?
Also, what lounge can I access at ICN with an AA business class ticket?

Thanks a lot in advance-
agjil,

I notice you're *G, if you've ever flown the "old" LH business class, it's the same seat, although IMHO the LH IFE is nicer.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 10:52 am

I did this flight last summer and the angled bed was fine given the timing of the flight. It's a super long day flight DFW-ICN, and then coming back you're only in "night" for a few hours over the mid-Pacific. I stayed up both ways and had zero jet lag as a result. Reserve the bibimbap entree at least one way--fairly good for a US carrier.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 11:19 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by oak522
Reserve the bibimbap entree at least one way--fairly good for a US carrier.
It's better ICN-DFW. Go easy on the sauce.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dayone
It's better ICN-DFW. Go easy on the sauce.
Thanks for the recommendation. The kimchi chicken on Dallas to Seoul sounds interesting but I'm a sucker for bibimbap. I notice the menu provides steamed rice on request for any entree. How likely are FAs to honor that request? I wonder if they have extras of kimchi Or spicy pepper paste?

As for the midflight meal, is it on request? Or a formal service that they cons through the aisles with at a specific time?

As for ICN OZ lounge, I'll be coming in from a KE flight and connecting to AA. KE checkin won't have lounge passes but maybe transit desk in ICN does. What's better between F and C lounge in satellite terminal besides there being windows, of course!
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:36 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Thanks for the recommendation. The kimchi chicken on Dallas to Seoul sounds interesting but I'm a sucker for bibimbap. I notice the menu provides steamed rice on request for any entree. How likely are FAs to honor that request? I wonder if they have extras of kimchi Or spicy pepper paste?

As for the midflight meal, is it on request? Or a formal service that they cons through the aisles with at a specific time?

As for ICN OZ lounge, I'll be coming in from a KE flight and connecting to AA. KE checkin won't have lounge passes but maybe transit desk in ICN does. What's better between F and C lounge in satellite terminal besides there being windows, of course!
I recommend sitting on the right (as opposed to left) side of the plane. You're more likely to get the Korean-speaking flight attendant who, in the 4x I've flown this route, gives much better service than the other flight attendants.

Rice seems to come standard with the Asian entrees, not just on request.

If you sleep, you'll miss the midflight meal service. Ask them to set something aside for you in advance, because either they dump the leftovers or by the time you wake up, it might not still be good enough to serve (this was the explanation given to me).
Old Jun 14, 2014, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AwardBee
I recommend sitting on the right (as opposed to left) side of the plane. You're more likely to get the Korean-speaking flight attendant who, in the 4x I've flown this route, gives much better service than the other flight attendants.

Rice seems to come standard with the Asian entrees, not just on request.

If you sleep, you'll miss the midflight meal service. Ask them to set something aside for you in advance, because either they dump the leftovers or by the time you wake up, it might not still be good enough to serve (this was the explanation given to me).
Awesome, thanks for the information! I wish this aircraft had the inflight bar setup with snacks as usually those in the galley are not as plentiful.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777

I don't know if the ICN transit desk has lounge passes. However, I wouldn't fret much, the agents at the OZ lounge are quite aware of which lounge AA flyers have access to and a lounge pass should not be required. As long you have a boarding pass (which KE should be able to provide), you should be able to get in.

OZ F lounge is a little cozier, has more natural light, and has JW Blue, but otherwise not overly different from what I recall. Maybe slightly less food selection in F lounge but I felt either lounge was decent in that area.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 9:13 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
OZ F lounge is a little cozier, has more natural light, and has JW Blue, but otherwise not overly different from what I recall. Maybe slightly less food selection in F lounge but I felt either lounge was decent in that area.
OZ F lounge has more extensive food and beverage selection than C lounge. At the time the AA flights departs, it should be much less crowded than the C lounge, as the C lounge can be very busy with AA, UA, AC, SQ and TG flights departing within a short time frame.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 10:20 am

Programs: AA ExPLT

Didn't seem to be any JW Blue yesterday (14th). Do you need to ask for it?

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 24, 2014 at 10:10 pm Reason: close quote
Old Jun 15, 2014, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by catwings01
Didn't seem to be any JW Blue yesterday (14th). Do you need to ask for it?
At the OZ F lounge? You shouldn't have to. When I was there it was just sitting out among the other spirits for self-service
Old Jun 15, 2014, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1kBill
OZ F lounge has more extensive food and beverage selection than C lounge. At the time the AA flights departs, it should be much less crowded than the C lounge, as the C lounge can be very busy with AA, UA, AC, SQ and TG flights departing within a short time frame.
Beverage yes, but I recall the food area in the biz lounge being larger. Any difference is relatively insignificant though, and the F lounge is definitely better in every other way.

Originally Posted by flyerdude88
At the OZ F lounge? You shouldn't have to. When I was there it was just sitting out among the other spirits for self-service
My experience was likewise. catwings, perhaps they had run out on that day. Always a chance that they did away with it of course, the rest of the liquor selection, while not bad, did not strike me as being of the same considered premium as JW Blue (I'm not a major scotch drinker myself).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.