Wiki Posts
Search

Fastest service in F I've ever seen

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2014, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors-Diamond, Marriott-Silver, SPG-Gold
Fastest service in F I've ever seen

Pushed back at 4:23 PM CST. As drinks were served everyone was directed to get their tray tables out. It's now 5:26 PM and all of the trays have been picked up and cookies ahve been served.

Now what am I going to do for the next 2 hours and 13 minutes?
Old Jan 28, 2014, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Originally Posted by tucsnaz
The same thing as the FAs: sit down and read.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Drink?
Old Jan 28, 2014, 5:02 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Route?
Old Jan 28, 2014, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Pushed back at 4:23 PM CST. As drinks were served everyone was directed to get their tray tables out. It's now 5:26 PM and all of the trays have been picked up and cookies ahve been served.

Digest, apparently.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT PPE, Arise Mucci des Hommes de Fer
Originally Posted by Antarius
Drink?
+1!
Old Jan 28, 2014, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

ORD-PHX...at least I'm going home.

Decided to work

Originally Posted by HNL
Route?
Old Jan 28, 2014, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Personally, I like fast meal services. Obviously, I take my own time eating, but I definitely prefer prompt clearing to having my plate sit on my tray for 30 minutes
Old Jan 28, 2014, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum
Personally, I like fast meal services. Obviously, I take my own time eating, but I definitely prefer prompt clearing to having my plate sit on my tray for 30 minutes
+1
Old Jan 28, 2014, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

I'm a fan too! Just hadn't seen it before. Best of all, the FA didn't just sit down and read. My wine and water glasses have never been empty! Guess it's time to write an email to AA complimenting her service.

Old Jan 28, 2014, 7:50 pm
Suspended

I think the problem is only when the FA doesn't adapt to the pax. I've had an FA tell me he "couldn't promise there wouldn't be any desert left" if I wanted to hang on to my main course after I told him I wasn't done. I've also had another FA tell me that "now you understand" when I finished as she had come around with the desert cart but refused to take my tray and serve me desert until she had served the entire cabin. Neither were bad FAs, more just typical - both were friendly enough in their approach. Of course they weren't going out of their way.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by elitetraveler
I think the problem is only when the FA doesn't adapt to the pax. I've had an FA tell me he "couldn't promise there wouldn't be any desert left" if I wanted to hang on to my main course after I told him I wasn't done.
Well, the only way that could happen is if they "drop" it on the floor. Or heaven forbid eat it themselves.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
I'm a fan too! Just hadn't seen it before. Best of all, the FA didn't just sit down and read. My wine and water glasses have never been empty! Guess it's time to write an email to AA complimenting her service.
Applause cert? I give them out when I get good service and always get appreciation although I'm not really sure that they are a great benefit (I've heard that they get entered into a lottery). I guess the gesture may really be the value.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JMN57
Applause cert? I give them out when I get good service and always get appreciation although I'm not really sure that they are a great benefit (I've heard that they get entered into a lottery). I guess the gesture may really be the value.
Same. I had the same amazing FA on 3 straight flights. Ended up giving her 5 or so overall for absolutely phenomenal service. ^
Old Jan 28, 2014, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by JMN57
The little cards that ask for employee number and name and such? Do you carry them with you? I always forget and feel like it would be awkward to ask for that info mid-flight. Or is standard protocol to write a nice comment and then give them the card to fill in?

I had an incredible FA on a DFW-BDL flight and asked for her card so I could email AA a compliment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.