FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Fastest service in F I've ever seen (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1546294-fastest-service-f-ive-ever-seen.html)

tucsnaz Jan 28, 2014 4:28 pm

Fastest service in F I've ever seen

Pushed back at 4:23 PM CST. As drinks were served everyone was directed to get their tray tables out. It's now 5:26 PM and all of the trays have been picked up and cookies ahve been served.

Now what am I going to do for the next 2 hours and 13 minutes?

tylerdurden4543 Jan 28, 2014 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by tucsnaz (Post 22241651)

The same thing as the FAs: sit down and read.

Antarius Jan 28, 2014 4:44 pm

Drink?

HNL Jan 28, 2014 5:02 pm

Route?

guv1976 Jan 28, 2014 5:06 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by tucsnaz
Pushed back at 4:23 PM CST. As drinks were served everyone was directed to get their tray tables out. It's now 5:26 PM and all of the trays have been picked up and cookies ahve been served.

Digest, apparently.

TheAAdmiral Jan 28, 2014 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by Antarius (Post 22241744)
Drink?

+1!

tucsnaz Jan 28, 2014 5:27 pm

ORD-PHX...at least I'm going home.

Decided to work

Originally Posted by HNL (Post 22241842)
Route?

Antarius Jan 28, 2014 5:33 pm

Personally, I like fast meal services. Obviously, I take my own time eating, but I definitely prefer prompt clearing to having my plate sit on my tray for 30 minutes

sm82 Jan 28, 2014 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by Antarius (Post 22242005)
Personally, I like fast meal services. Obviously, I take my own time eating, but I definitely prefer prompt clearing to having my plate sit on my tray for 30 minutes

+1

tucsnaz Jan 28, 2014 5:47 pm

I'm a fan too! Just hadn't seen it before. Best of all, the FA didn't just sit down and read. My wine and water glasses have never been empty! :D Guess it's time to write an email to AA complimenting her service.

Originally Posted by Antarius (Post 22242005)

elitetraveler Jan 28, 2014 7:50 pm

I think the problem is only when the FA doesn't adapt to the pax. I've had an FA tell me he "couldn't promise there wouldn't be any desert left" if I wanted to hang on to my main course after I told him I wasn't done. I've also had another FA tell me that "now you understand" when I finished as she had come around with the desert cart but refused to take my tray and serve me desert until she had served the entire cabin. Neither were bad FAs, more just typical - both were friendly enough in their approach. Of course they weren't going out of their way.

ijgordon Jan 28, 2014 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by elitetraveler (Post 22242698)
I think the problem is only when the FA doesn't adapt to the pax. I've had an FA tell me he "couldn't promise there wouldn't be any desert left" if I wanted to hang on to my main course after I told him I wasn't done.

Well, the only way that could happen is if they "drop" it on the floor. Or heaven forbid eat it themselves.

JMN57 Jan 28, 2014 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by tucsnaz (Post 22242069)
I'm a fan too! Just hadn't seen it before. Best of all, the FA didn't just sit down and read. My wine and water glasses have never been empty! :D Guess it's time to write an email to AA complimenting her service.

Applause cert? I give them out when I get good service and always get appreciation although I'm not really sure that they are a great benefit (I've heard that they get entered into a lottery). I guess the gesture may really be the value.

Antarius Jan 28, 2014 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by JMN57 (Post 22243214)
Applause cert? I give them out when I get good service and always get appreciation although I'm not really sure that they are a great benefit (I've heard that they get entered into a lottery). I guess the gesture may really be the value.

Same. I had the same amazing FA on 3 straight flights. Ended up giving her 5 or so overall for absolutely phenomenal service. ^

Pinned Jan 28, 2014 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by JMN57 (Post 22243214)

The little cards that ask for employee number and name and such? Do you carry them with you? I always forget and feel like it would be awkward to ask for that info mid-flight. Or is standard protocol to write a nice comment and then give them the card to fill in?

I had an incredible FA on a DFW-BDL flight and asked for her card so I could email AA a compliment.