Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Visiting STL AC for First Time - Comments?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2002, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Visiting STL AC for First Time - Comments?

I will be visiting the STL AC for the first time on a Sunday morning.

Quick questions:

1. Any extra special agents there?

2. Where is the Club located (near what gate)?

Thanks.
Old Sep 27, 2002, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The club is located between two of the concourses; someone else can answer that.

I thought it was a pretty decent club, by AC standards. By that I mean it's appointed like a cheap hotel and lacks any real food. It was pretty well designed, open and bright.

Last time I was there they didn't have any computers, not sure if that changed or will.

d
Old Sep 27, 2002, 2:40 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
It's between Concourses B and C, at the B-C-D Nexus just past security.

There are no computers there. Staff is friendly.
Old Sep 27, 2002, 2:42 pm
JSD

Programs: QF P1/LTG; AA 1MM; UA 1MM

I've always found the agents at the STL AC to be very helpful - good old midwestern friendliness. I was stuck in STL for about 6 hours over the summer trying to get to MSP (weather was bad in MSP) and the wonderful agent (I think her name was Barbara, but I could be wrong) had me simultaneously booked on 2 separate AA flights (with upgrades on both) *and* a NW flight. I ended up taking the original flight, but the staff there were extremely helpful during irregular ops.

Old Sep 27, 2002, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA PLT LT & 2MM, HH D, MAR PLT EL LT
they have computer but they charge for them, they are not like the ORD and DFW ACs which.
also no showers.
Old Sep 27, 2002, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Thank you everyone - I appreciate the info. I will have my laptop with me.

Hopefully I will not have to deal with any delays.
Old Sep 27, 2002, 5:29 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
There is an automated (self-serve) espresso machine that is quite entertaining to watch in action (also makes good coffee). The AA heritage AC's don't have that! But the bar is closed on Sundays (by state law, not sure if it is all day or just some Sunday hours).
Old Sep 27, 2002, 10:57 pm

All of the agents at STL are very friendly and knowledgeable. There is one shining star... Hildy Abrams. She was a TWAer that was "lucky" to make the cut and keep her job at the club with AA. She as most of the former TWAers only works part tim, but if she is there and you need special assistance she is the person to see. Enjoy your transit in STL.
Old Sep 28, 2002, 12:57 am

One humorous thing I remember about my first visit -- I happened to mention to the receptionist that it was my first time in the club, and without hestitation she remarked, "Oh the bar's right this way". I thought, "am I that easy a 'read'?"
Old Sep 28, 2002, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Barry - Thanks.

I will enjoy my predeparture mimosa for HNL prior to going to the gate.

LOL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.