Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2014 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MrAndy1369
As AA and US have now harmonized domestic (including Mexico/Caribbean/Canada/Hawaii/Alaska) meals, please continue the discussion here:

Meals changes US & AA announced - international and domestic
(for a broader discussion of the changes)
Late 2014 AA/US Combined Domestic Meals - menu / pictures / etc. (Consolidated) (for specific experiences and questions)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: 2014 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2014, 3:15 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
Filet. I really like it.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 3:41 pm

I don't think they serve anything on the bone.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Filet. Chicken is pretty good - but I usually scrape off the stuffing, or at least the first 500 calories worth (doesn't taste bad, but not worth the calories).
Old Aug 30, 2014, 4:50 am

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Thanks !
Old Aug 30, 2014, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
AA74 LAX-IAD F Aug 2014

AA74 LAX-IAD F Aug 2014

Sadly, this is perhaps the last real meal I'll get to enjoy on this flight - probably my most frequently flown redeye. Starting Monday (9/1) the rumor is this flight will only offer a snack basket and breakfast box.

Snack

Fruit and Cheese Plate
Assorted Gourmet Cheeses and Fruits to include Black Pepper and Garlic Caciotta, Mild Cheddar, Wensleydale with Fig and Honey Baton

Black and Bleu Salad
Seasonal greens and red skin potato wedges and bleu cheese, served with an optional Black Angus beef skewer

Cranberry and Almond Crusted Chicken
Served with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Broccolini

Pre-Departure bubbles (Lunetta Prosecco):

Cheese plate:
Old Aug 30, 2014, 4:59 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Yeah, hard to believe that tomorrow is the last day of current AA meal service standards. Sad, because AA meal service has pretty much remained unchanged for the last 10-12 years or so.

On the other hand, it'll be interesting to see what the changes look like, and whether or not they'll be as bad as some of us are fearing.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
AA181 JFK-LAX J Aug 2014

AA181 JFK-LAX Business Class Aug 2014

Dinner

Starter

Smoked Salmon and Seared Tuna
Served with wasabi and ginger aioli

Salad

Spinach and Romaine Mix with Hearts of Palm, Strawberries and Pecans
With your choice of classic Caesar dressing or premium extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Assorted gourmet breads will be served with your meal

Entrees

Gorgonzola Crusted Beef Filet with Red Wine Beer Sauce
Served with roasted potatoes and broccolini

Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
Served with buerre blanc sauce
accompanied by a rosti potato cake and haricots verts

Wild Rice and Vegetable Stuffed Portobello Mushroom
With Monterey Jack cheese served in a roasted red pepper sauce

Dessert

Traditional Ice Cream Sundae
Ben & Jerry's vanilla ice cream with your choice of hot fudge, butterscotch, or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and chopped nuts

Gourmet Cheese Plate
An assortment of fine cheeses

Light Refreshment

Whole Fruit and Snacks
A selection of fresh seasonal fruit and premium snacks

Cookies
Freshly baked on board

Wine List

Sparkling Wine
Lunetta Prosecco

White Wine
Ballentine Vineyards Napa Chenin Blanc

Red Wine
Cline 2010 Sonoma Syrah

3cls, Business, Dinner-Snack

Old Aug 31, 2014, 10:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
FlyerBeek:

Looks good! It's 9/1 now. RIP, AA meal service. Let's hope the new standard won't be too bad.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 10:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
As much as I love proper Champagne, I really wish if they are going to go with sparkling wine and its not going to be Champagne, that they used one of the Champagne house offshoots in CA (Roederer Estate, Mumm Napa, Chandon, etc) or some Schaumberg Mirabelle. Processco is just...
Old Sep 1, 2014, 5:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
First report from 9/1 - BOS ORD 6am flight. I don't take this service very often so I can't comment on what's different in the choices. All in all, did not seem like any substantive change to be concerned about for this flight.

Options were:
-Omelette
-Oatmeal of some sort

Presentation was in all-new dishes - they are deeper, more casserole style, than the old plates. 3 dishes presented on the tray - one of the main, one for the fruit bowl (orange slice, 1 slice each canteloupe and honeydew, grapes, strawberry). Bread basket was the biscuit from before and a bagel type thing.
A new tray liner (thatched/wicker graphic) adds a little bit of pop to the tray.

Water/juice glasses are the same size but now have the AA logo. Tea cups have been changed and are noticably smaller in diameter.

Sorry I didn't take a pic - will try do do it on my connecting ORD-SEA.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:21 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Just had my midcon breakfast. The glassware with the new AA logo is a nice touch. The coffee cups are downright adorable - probably only 50-60% of the previous mug size.

The paper tray liner is nice, though I'd still prefer the black cloth napkin. I do like the deeper bowl/dishes. (I have the coordination of a 5-year old, so normally make a mess as try to eat out of the old tiny plates.)

And happy to report that the buttonhole in the napkin is still there.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by DWFI
First report from 9/1 - BOS ORD 6am flight. I don't take this service very often so I can't comment on what's different in the choices. All in all, did not seem like any substantive change to be concerned about for this flight.

Options were:
-Omelette
-Oatmeal of some sort

Presentation was in all-new dishes - they are deeper, more casserole style, than the old plates. 3 dishes presented on the tray - one of the main, one for the fruit bowl (orange slice, 1 slice each canteloupe and honeydew, grapes, strawberry). Bread basket was the biscuit from before and a bagel type thing.
A new tray liner (thatched/wicker graphic) adds a little bit of pop to the tray.

Water/juice glasses are the same size but now have the AA logo. Tea cups have been changed and are noticably smaller in diameter.

Sorry I didn't take a pic - will try do do it on my connecting ORD-SEA.
From a pic I saw on Facebook, the dishes look just like what US has been using in domestic F.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:04 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT
Had breakfast BOS-DFW. Bruschetta Omelette with sauteed peppers, red bliss potatoes, and chicken sausage.
Liked the new dishware, full sized silverware, and tumbler.
Presentation was great.

Having nuts and Pinot Grigio DFW-SNA.
New nut bowl holds double the prior ammount.
Will update once lunch is served.

So far, very happy.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT
Lunch was Miso glazed chicken, stir fried rice, teriyaki vegetables. Asian slaw salad.
Veggies were hericot vert and yellow carrots(not cheap!)
Salad had Sunflower sprouts(again, not cheap!)

Dessert, chocate chip cookie(warmed on board, can't tell the difference).
FA is absolutely amazing. She's very happy to see the new dish/flat/drinkware.
Have to say that this has been a huge improvement from the prior inflight service.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by fAAn
Lunch was Miso glazed chicken, stir fried rice, teriyaki vegetables. Asian slaw salad.
Veggies were hericot vert and yellow carrots(not cheap!)
Salad had Sunflower sprouts(again, not cheap!)

Dessert, chocate chip cookie(warmed on board, can't tell the difference).
FA is absolutely amazing. She's very happy to see the new dish/flat/drinkware.
Have to say that this has been a huge improvement from the prior inflight service.
How is the miso glazed chicken? I've chosen this for a flight next week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.