Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2014 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MrAndy1369
As AA and US have now harmonized domestic (including Mexico/Caribbean/Canada/Hawaii/Alaska) meals, please continue the discussion here:

Meals changes US & AA announced - international and domestic
(for a broader discussion of the changes)
Late 2014 AA/US Combined Domestic Meals - menu / pictures / etc. (Consolidated) (for specific experiences and questions)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: 2014 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2014, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by metallo
That's very interesting. Your flight on the 757 would have departed just an hour or so before my BOS-DFW flight on the 738. The level of service on my flight was definitely not upgraded. It was traditional basic plus service (hot towels, salad, shrimp cocktail appetizer, ice cream sludge for dessert). There was a very nice effort with the PDB service (open bar, drinks offered immediately after boarding and pax intentionally allowed to keep them for takeoff, if desired - first time I've ever seen that!), but otherwise I didn't spot anything that appeared different.
From your picture, it looks like all of your dishes were served at once. The FA's served us with appetizer, salad, wine, water, etc. from the cart first, which was a nice change of pace. Dining felt less rushed and the table felt less crowded. Then the FA working the galley carried out our entrees individually once our salad and appetizer dishes were cleared. It just seemed much more elegant than usual, kind of like a flagship service. You could tell our FA's had international F/J training. The service they provided was continuous throughout the flight despite the choppy skies and absolutely stellar, no other way to describe it. We didn't have PDBs, but we were a little late getting out and they were busy preparing so it's not like they were just chatting in the galley or anything. I haven't seen such excellent FA's in a long time.

FWIW, I was the guy in the purple LSU hoodie eating Santarpio's pizza out of a take-out box (I was very hard to miss...). I had to rush off to the airport without breakfast or lunch, so I grabbed a pizza to split with a friend beforehand. I was outside security then in the AC, so maybe you saw me.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 2:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I am towards the end of my third IAD-MIA trip this winter and PDBs seem to be 50%. This trip towards the end of boarding they collected drink orders for "after we take-off" along with confirmation of my pre-order and it was the fastest presentation of cocktail with nuts and then lunch entrée (I was only half finished my drink and nuts). Always good to get food sooner rather than later but it had a rushed aspect to it (there has been bad weather with potential turbulence so that may have been it). I had the Salmon cold plate which was pretty good and filling. The salmon came with a salad that had apples and mangos in it with the Sesame Oriental dressing. There was no Pinot Noir despite serving salmon which kinda surprised me (red was Bordeaux which wasn't bad).
Old Feb 21, 2014, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA, Southwest, Hilton, Hyatt
Originally Posted by brewdog11
It's been a long time since I've sat in F on a long-distance route, but I flew BOS-DFW last night and it seemed like the dining service was greatly upgraded. Tablecloth linens were provided, salad and appetizer were served first before the meal, etc. It seems like there was just more attention to the "little things." The service seemed a little "Flagship-esque." Is this new service style common on domestic, non-Flagship routes? FWIW, last time I was in F it was on the 738 and the service wasn't that nice. Is this a 752 thing, or just a new approach?

I had the beef bolognese on the flight last night and it was fantastic, FWIW. Highly recommended ^
That is the way it is supposed to be served and always has been supposed to be served that way since enhanced service was introduced. Anything different is just flat out a lazy flight attendant. Ask a f/a who does it the right way and they will tell you the same. The enhanced service is partially this way because you have time to serve a nice meal.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
From your picture, it looks like all of your dishes were served at once.
They were. In my experience, basic/basic+ midcon flights are almost always one-tray service, regardless of whatever the official service policy may be. The tablecloth linens are also usually just placed on the tray, rather than on the tray table prior to the meal.

FWIW, I was the guy in the purple LSU hoodie eating Santarpio's pizza out of a take-out box (I was very hard to miss...). I had to rush off to the airport without breakfast or lunch, so I grabbed a pizza to split with a friend beforehand. I was outside security then in the AC, so maybe you saw me.
I wasn't in the AC until after 5 PM... only got to spend about 30 minutes there. From your description, though, I agree that I probably would have noticed you. Guess you weren't planning on getting the upgrade? I wouldn't be able to handle pizza before an AA F dinner, which is usually pretty substantial between the appetizer, salad, entree, and dessert.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jtw_mia
Feb. 14
Shrimp and asparagus were excellent, soup was not hot and way too rich/heavy for a late dinner
I agree. Looks pretty rich, but it also looks like good food that I wouldn't turn down (I tend to prefer late dinners and, in any case, don't mind indulging when I'm in the air). The way the food was plated seems to have been somewhat sloppy, though.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Did a search but came up empty - what's the F service like on HNL-DFW? Our upgrades just cleared so can't select entree online yet, but just looking forward to what we'll be having
Old Feb 21, 2014, 5:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
2 options....usually one Sam Chow (I've seen a lot of Salmon dishes on these routes) and then a pasta. Nuts have some dried pineapple in them....salad plate is a little bigger than normal.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
2 options....usually one Sam Chow (I've seen a lot of Salmon dishes on these routes) and then a pasta. Nuts have some dried pineapple in them....salad plate is a little bigger than normal.
I think you meant Sam Choy.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Cool and is there any type of breakfast service - or just something light and fast?
Old Feb 21, 2014, 6:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
yes thank you! darn auto-correct
Old Feb 24, 2014, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AA 4310
DEN-ORD
Embraer 175 (E75)
10:35A-2:00P
February 24, 2014
Snack

First time on an AA E75. Much nicer than the CR7. No Wifi though.

Choice of shrimp salad or (looked like processed) chicken wrap with pasta salad.

The E75 cabin...

Old Feb 24, 2014, 7:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
God, everything looks so good compared to the homeless shelter slop UA feeds us...can't wait to get my EXP challenge completed and come over to your side!!! (Sorry...know current EXP's don't want more of us......)
Old Feb 24, 2014, 7:17 pm
Suspended

I can't figure out why both my recent E175 F flights did not feature the mixed nuts like in the above photo. Both flights were to ORD one from EWR and one from DCA....in my experience all Eagle F flights got the mixed nuts if there was a meal.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I can't figure out why both my recent E175 F flights did not feature the mixed nuts like in the above photo. Both flights were to ORD one from EWR and one from DCA....in my experience all Eagle F flights got the mixed nuts if there was a meal.
I'm guessing mileage and/or meal related. ORD-PIT this afternoon was "Gourmet" Snack Mix. Even the late LAX-DEN flight (850 miles) and any DEN-DFW mainline flights (643 miles) are both just the GSM.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 7:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
AA144 LAX-IAD, 21 Feb 14

Beef was well done, but still edible. Sweet potatoes were nice, but hericot verts seemed a bit overdone. As you can see from the photo, this came out all on one tray. Am I reading this thread correctly that it should not have? Things did seem rather crowded. The FA helping up front seemed to be rather new, but the lead looked pretty senior and on top of things.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.