Community
Wiki Posts
Search

standard practice on AA to leave cabin lights on in flight?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2014, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Are you on the latest MIA-MSY flight? The lights are always dimmed when I fly this route. In fact, it seems like the lights are pretty much always dimmed on evening/night flights.

I guess the FAs forgot/kept the lights on to more easily conduct the beverage service.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 8:11 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by lsugolfer
MIA-MSY tonight (in flight). Cabin lights have been on throughout.

Normally a DL traveller and any flight this late has all the lights dimmed.
I was on a flight from ORD to LAX, late night flight. The FAs turn the lights out in first class, but left the lights on in coach. I asked if they could turn the lights out in coach and I was told they could not because it was a "security issue".
Old Jan 4, 2014, 3:07 am

Programs: AAexp, UA*G, HY LT Globalist, FB Plat, Centurion
Just ask the crew to turn off the lights! Normally they are happy to make you more comfortable and will do so if you tell them the bright lights in your eyes are annoying. I do it all the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.