Wiki Posts
Search

77W 300 LAX to LHR real seat map?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2013, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines, United, Air France
Originally Posted by aamilesslave
And I'd take the shorter non-stop. IFE isn't worth the extra 4+ hours of my time including a terminal change and the possibility of a misconnnect.
Y'all are echoing my internal voice... Yes, nicer plane from LAX and decent lounge at LHR - Yes, shorter flight time from DFW...
Old Nov 29, 2013, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, AA EXP, ASMVPG
Originally Posted by ParisSantaFe
Thanks, LYNAUS. so you would opt for DFW-CDG on 767 in the Main Cabin Extra vs the LAX-CDG via LHR on the 773 in the Main Cabin Extra? Sorry to be so redundant... I am curious about the new plane but not sure if the flame is worth the candle.
Yes I would. Non stop convenience/time saved and avoiding a connection at Heathrow are big pluses as is the 767 config of 2x3x2 in economy vs 3x3x3 on the 777. YMMV.....

That said I do sympathize with the avgeek....if you do not fly much and want to check off the AA 773 do a non stop one way and connect the other.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 1:07 am

Programs: AA PLAT
Originally Posted by LNYAUS
On an economy award no there is not a way to confirm an upgrade. If you purchase an economy ticket you could use the miles and copay $$ option.
How does this option fit into the ranking of who gets those F/C seats? This page and this chart seems really vague in that regard. I'm facing a similar dilemma for a DFW-MAD flight at end of January: it will be a very short weekend trip with working on both adjacent days, so although I'm used to frequently slumming this route in economy I really need to be able to sleep for several hours on both outgoing and return legs for this trip.

For that particular weekend there are no 50k or 62.5k milesaaver premium cabin awards, but of course there are 100k awards which, round trip, would nearly wipe out my account. I suppose that's fine, but of course I'd love not to have to do that if possible, while at the same time earn EQM and not spend >$2k if possible. (don't we all always want that )

copay/miles upgrades would be my favorite option, but being a lowly platinum, I don't want this to backfire and be stuck in 17"x37" uprights.

Thoughts?

Originally Posted by reeg2
Given the two choices, I'd fly the longer route in MCE on the 77W due to better IFE.
Originally Posted by bbkenney
But isn't that why Steve Jobs invented ipads?
hahaha
Old Nov 30, 2013, 7:36 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP 75k, AA EXP, Subway Sub Club
For me, I find myself preferring the 77W with MCE, for no other reason that the international WiFi. Sure, it's $20 a pop and slow for webbrowsing, but more than enough for email. When traveling on business, it lets me stay responsive and work pretty effectively through those 12~ hours. Plus AC power plugs keep that laptop humming (my last 763, about a week ago, did not have them yet) and it's easily my preferred AA equipment for international runs.

Bonus points if you can land the MCE exit row.

Then again, I'm SFO-based and always at least a connection away from, well, anything int'l on AA. Though I still think I'd take a short connection to secure satellite wifi.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by maggie08
How does this option fit into the ranking of who gets those F/C seats? This page and this chart seems really vague in that regard. I'm facing a similar dilemma for a DFW-MAD flight at end of January: it will be a very short weekend trip with working on both adjacent days, so although I'm used to frequently slumming this route in economy I really need to be able to sleep for several hours on both outgoing and return legs for this trip.

For that particular weekend there are no 50k or 62.5k milesaaver premium cabin awards, but of course there are 100k awards which, round trip, would nearly wipe out my account. I suppose that's fine, but of course I'd love not to have to do that if possible, while at the same time earn EQM and not spend >$2k if possible. (don't we all always want that )

copay/miles upgrades would be my favorite option, but being a lowly platinum, I don't want this to backfire and be stuck in 17"x37" uprights.

Thoughts?
The chart shows the miles and copay required for each upgrade.

The miles+copay upgrade has the same process as a SWU. If it cannot be confirmed in advance, a PLT will be behind all EXPs on the wait list.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 7:47 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
In my experience, clearing waitlisted miles & copay upgrades on the 773 flights is a lottery that I would not want to rely on, especially as a non-EXP. Data point: There were almost 50 names on the upgrade list for AA51 ten days ago and not a single one of them cleared, including mine. Had some EXP mileage millionaires as seatmates in 16 B and C which made for interesting conversations

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.