FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 77W 300 LAX to LHR real seat map?
View Single Post
Old Nov 30, 2013, 1:07 am
maggie08

Programs: AA PLAT
Originally Posted by LNYAUS
On an economy award no there is not a way to confirm an upgrade. If you purchase an economy ticket you could use the miles and copay $$ option.
How does this option fit into the ranking of who gets those F/C seats? This page and this chart seems really vague in that regard. I'm facing a similar dilemma for a DFW-MAD flight at end of January: it will be a very short weekend trip with working on both adjacent days, so although I'm used to frequently slumming this route in economy I really need to be able to sleep for several hours on both outgoing and return legs for this trip.

For that particular weekend there are no 50k or 62.5k milesaaver premium cabin awards, but of course there are 100k awards which, round trip, would nearly wipe out my account. I suppose that's fine, but of course I'd love not to have to do that if possible, while at the same time earn EQM and not spend >$2k if possible. (don't we all always want that )

copay/miles upgrades would be my favorite option, but being a lowly platinum, I don't want this to backfire and be stuck in 17"x37" uprights.

Thoughts?

Originally Posted by reeg2
Given the two choices, I'd fly the longer route in MCE on the 77W due to better IFE.
Originally Posted by bbkenney
But isn't that why Steve Jobs invented ipads?
hahaha