Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Updated AA App for Windows Phone Now Available (Nov 2013)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2013, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Updated AA App for Windows Phone Now Available (Nov 2013)

Wirelessly posted (WP8 (Amber): Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows Phone 8.0; Trident/6.0; IEMobile/10.0; ARM; Touch; NOKIA; Lumia 521))

The best new feature is the expanded Live Tile with a much clearer display of current day flight information.

Mobile boarding passes can be stored in your Microsoft Wallet.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/mobile-windows.jsp
Old Nov 19, 2013, 6:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Five Star, Avis First
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Wirelessly posted (WP8 (Amber): Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows Phone 8.0; Trident/6.0; IEMobile/10.0; ARM; Touch; NOKIA; Lumia 521))

The best new feature is the expanded Live Tile with a much clearer display of current day flight information.

Mobile boarding passes can be stored in your Microsoft Wallet.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/mobile-windows.jsp
I have been using it for about a day (really.. only about 12 hours). Seems stable.

I can see today's flight and the live tiles seems to have more information

The real test will come at the T-30 minute mark when we will have to see if the boarding pass remains or just vanishes, like the prior AA Win Phone 8 app

I do like the refreshed look but they still lag behind the iPhone app in features.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:27 am

Programs: American Plat, Starwood Plat
The latest AA windows phone app has apparently been pulled from the store. The app I still have on my phone is not working. (as someone who recently move to the phone and has a 2 year contract, I am not amused).

to add to the joy, login on IE moble is also not working - I was eventually able to get the Opera Beta on the phone to log in.

Has anyone else been having similar issues?

(where can I complain about the removal of windows phone support? It's a major deal for a business traveler)
Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, United Silver, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
I too am frustrated by the removal, but as you can see from the lack of responses to the thread, I think there were very very few users of the wp AA app. Unfortunately I can see from a biz standpoint why they'd not invest the time and money on supporting the app, but until wp becomes a real mobile contender (which it may never will) I think we're SOL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.