Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bad News -- Jack Daniels is no longer availble on AA in coach.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2013, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA, DL Gold Med , UA, AS, WN, HHonors Silver, Marriott, IHG Rewards Club, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Boeing2027

I've heard that Beam is the new preferred vendor (Maker's, Devil's Cut, Black etc) - no verification from AA aside from FA on recent flight which offered Devil's Cut and told me that they had changed....
Well, if AA is phasing out Jack Daniels in favor of Maker's Mark, then I'll consider that an upgrade!
Old Sep 16, 2013, 10:31 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Antarius
AA (mainline) is only credit/debit. Eagle is cash only.
Why the inconsistency? Will Eagle give change or is it exact change only for their cash payments?
Old Sep 20, 2013, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
LAX - IAD yesterday was Devil's Cut. Chatted briefly with the FA about it, don't know if they are rotating different types of Jim Beam (just switching to AA from UA so don't know the ins and outs yet as I don't have enough flights under my belt), but when she reached for it she knew it was Jim Beam but didn't know exactly which label it was going to be until she got it for me. It was pretty solid, I'm a Jack and Coke person and Devil's Cut and Coke tasted essentially the same.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by dmsdfw
he FA didn't say anything immediately but then after rummaging through the cart said that they only have Jim Bean now.
Is Jim Bean a cheap knock-off bourbon (kind of like a Larry Vuitton handbag)?
Old Sep 20, 2013, 3:14 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by aamilesslave
Is Jim Bean a cheap knock-off bourbon (kind of like a Larry Vuitton handbag)?
Nah, it's ok. Nothing spectacular, but it's drinkable in several forms (Beam White, Beam Black, Devils Cut) with Coke. Its much older and mature cousins, Bookers and Bakers, should be enjoyed neat or perhaps with an ice cube. I would prefer AA stock Maker's Mark or Woodford than the lower-tier Beam offerings.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by Spiff
Nah, it's ok. Nothing spectacular, but it's drinkable in several forms (Beam White, Beam Black, Devils Cut) with Coke. Its much older and mature cousins, Bookers and Bakers, should be enjoyed neat or perhaps with an ice cube. I would prefer AA stock Maker's Mark or Woodford than the lower-tier Beam offerings.
I'm very familiar with Jim Beam. Perhaps I was too subtle
Old Sep 20, 2013, 7:09 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by aamilesslave
I'm very familiar with Jim Beam. Perhaps I was too subtle
Happy hour posting can miss subtleties.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 10:09 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Antarius
AA (mainline) is only credit/debit. Eagle is cash only.
If true that's completely ridiculous. Aren't Eagle flights given AA flight numbers?
Old Sep 21, 2013, 12:49 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
On NRT-ORD last week Jim Beam Devil's Cut was the published bourbon on board. The FA said this was new, but there were a handful of Jim Beam Black on the flight also. Perhaps leftovers, or an unpublished special. Devil's Cut is perhaps a step up from JB Black, but I couldn't taste much of a difference. If they really want to upgrade the experience, they can go back to Maker's.

On ORD-BOS I saw both Bombay Sapphire and (I think) Beefeater.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 9:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, National Executive
I'm a Diet Coke junkie and Jack & Diet does not equal Jim & Diet; loves me some John D not James B. On recent flight the FAs ran out of Jack and asked if I'd try the Devil's Cut in its place--closer but still not as 'smooth'. Oh the humanity!
Old Sep 22, 2013, 4:17 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, AvisFirst
I personally am a Crown or Woodford fan. Was shocked when I had to take a Delta flight and served Woodford on GLASS bottle.

As for Devil's Cut, I think its a stark difference. You can certainly taste the cask method they use and the fact it is 2 years more aged. For sure more mature. Plus enjoy it get an extra 10 proof compared to the standard.

I am not a coke guy so can't say if good there but straight or in Ginger Ale its a decent step up from their flagship I saw.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 5:43 am

Programs: AA EXP
Devils Cut on TATL coach. FA took pity and left a couple more on the side. After about 3 I cant tell the difference between Jack, Jim, or paint stripper for that matter.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by moondog417
If true that's completely ridiculous. Aren't Eagle flights given AA flight numbers?
So are BA codeshares though.

Unless things changed in the last month and a half, it is true that AE is cash only.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 12:08 pm

Saw the recent swtiches on my DCA-DFW-TUL work trip. luckily I always take a few airplane bottles of my own that I refilled from my own collection. A little Eagle Rare on the flight? don't mind if i do.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 2P
So on SFO-LAX last Tuesday, I asked about Jack (after noticing it wasn't on the menu). The FA said yes, they were phasing it out, but she'd see what she could do, and wound up grabbing me a bottle from F.

I don't know if she only grabbed a bottle from F because I'm EXP or if she would've done it for pax who weren't being comped the alcohol as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.