Search

AA Unveils New Boarding Pass June 2013

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2013, 11:41 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by MarkedMan
There's a Beta app that shows the info for mobile. Once tested I expect it will be released, shouldn't be too long. I'm flying on Sunday night so will report if the TSA info shows up as they said it should through the test app.

EDIT - and will try to take a screenshot of the BP.
So while the current iOS AA app doesn't show PreCheck in text, there's an iOS American Airlines beta/test app that shows the PreCheck info in text? At least that will help if dealing with a line guardian claiming a passenger isn't eligible for the PreCheck nonsense.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 11:57 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by GUWonder
So while the current iOS AA app doesn't show PreCheck in text, there's an iOS American Airlines beta/test app that shows the PreCheck info in text? At least that will help if dealing with a line guardian claiming a passenger isn't eligible for the PreCheck nonsense.
Well, it's in Beta, and I haven't tried it yet, but in theory it should show the info, at least that is what they are claiming

We'll see ... if not I can just go ahead and get myself a paper BP at the airport. I suspect it won't make much of a difference at SFO on a Sunday night ahead of a red eye, the separate TSA line is usually closed anyway at that time and you just go up to the preferred line and over to PreCheck security if you beep. Mostly just curious to see if it works on the mobile app.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA PLT, Inspirato, Wheels Up, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat
I just received an update notification for the AA iphone app (version 2.4). The notes say the app now includes the TSA precheck logo on the boarding pass in Passbook.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Where are they asking to see the PreCheck graphic before they let you in the line? In my experience there is either someone pre-scanning your BP to determine if you are eligible or you go directly to the TSA scanner and if you fail they recirculate you back into the premium/regular line.

Are there airports following a different process?
Old Jun 6, 2013, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum
AA Unveils New Boarding Pass

Just got the iPhone app update but won't adjust my existing BP for this afternoon. Have to wait until next week's flight.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA PLT, Inspirato, Wheels Up, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by nddomer04
I just received an update notification for the AA iphone app (version 2.4). The notes say the app now includes the TSA precheck logo on the boarding pass in Passbook.
What's new in version 2.4.0 Posted June 6 2013
- Now you can log in with the email address associated with your AAdvantage account.
- The TSA Precheck logo will now appear on your boarding pass in Passbook, if applicable
- Now Executive Platinum AAdvantage members can give feedback via Twitter
- Send a direct message to the AA Twitter team for assistance with flights, highlight exceptional service or general inquiries
- You will now receive updates about departure times, gate and seat changes on your lock screen after you've added your mobile boarding pass to passbook.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nddomer04
+1 I see the same thing in the notes regarding the update. Unfortunately I was unable to update the bp I printed today.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by neo_781
Where are they asking to see the PreCheck graphic before they let you in the line? In my experience there is either someone pre-scanning your BP to determine if you are eligible or you go directly to the TSA scanner and if you fail they recirculate you back into the premium/regular line.

Are there airports following a different process?
C'mon, this was just introduced in the past day!

So as of yesterday, they couldn't have possibly been asking to see the PreCheck graphic (in an AA line, anyway).

And even today, what are they supposed to do if not ALL boarding passes have this graphic yet???

There have been airports where you are on the "honor" system (you have to identify yourself as PreCheck elligible and they have to believe you) to get into that line. (LAX was like that for a long time, then they got a front-of-the-line scanner finally.)

It's quite likely that in the future those places will (if they don't get a front-of-the-line scanner) start to rely on the boarding pass graphic, once ALL boarding passes (no matter whether printed or electronic, and if printed no matter where printed) have the graphic. (At present, this thread is not clear on whether ALL boarding passes even yet have it.)
Old Jun 6, 2013, 12:28 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by sdsearch

So as of yesterday, they couldn't have possibly been asking to see the PreCheck graphic (in an AA line, anyway).
I think the potential problem is that, at some airports, multiple airlines go into the same line. Since some other airlines have had this image for a while now, the checkers (not being familiar with the rollout fr each airline), will likely expect this for all eligible folks. For AA, this would not be available (until today) and could cause issues. I think I've read reports of such issues elsewhere here.

Cheers.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
This BP is UGLY just like every other new AA logo.
(Granted, it won't stop me from flying them due to service, but still, I don't like it.)
Old Jun 6, 2013, 1:08 pm

This is a welcome change that removes the need for the first scanner (at LAX) to determine whether you can even stand in the Pre-check line.

The BP shows you which line you can stand in, and CLR or LLL determine whether you move forward or merge with the regular scanning line.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
This is a welcome change that removes the need for the first scanner (at LAX) to determine whether you can even stand in the Pre-check line.

The BP shows you which line you can stand in, and CLR or LLL determine whether you move forward or merge with the regular scanning line.
Except for the new logo, yes.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Only the online printed boarding pass is new.
Kiosk boarding passes haven't yet changed.

TSA at MCI hadn't seen the new layout before (I assume she had just come on duty), & had to call over her superiors to admit me to the WTMD.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott PP (LT Plat), *Wood Plat
I just checked in for a ORD-SEA flight for tomorrow and I do see the TSA Pre check logo right above the square QR/barcode image.

I have been checking in and getting a boarding pass on my iPhone then also printing a paper boarding pass at the airport. I have been doing this because a few months ago the AA mobile boarding pass didn't ever let me do pre-check. It also didn't work to verify my AAdvantage number for access to the Admirals Club. Have these issues been resolved?

Tonight I will skip the paper re-print and see if I get pre-check on my CVG-ORD flight.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 1:28 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Keeping in mind other airlines?

The PreCheck text being on printed boarding passes wasn't introduced today either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.