Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Baggage - When?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2001, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Priority Baggage - When?

I am a little confused about AA's priority baggage rule.

I know (and am disappointed) that elite members do not get priority baggage handling.

I was also told by an agent that domestic fisrt class bags do not get priority (i.e. PREMIUM tag is not observed in the domestic system). Effectively, there is no priority baggage in the domestic system. This also seems to be the recent experience.

Is this true? I am sure this makes their operation easier but it really does not make sense.

Then, there is the problem with Oneworld priority baggage handling...

Any comments?

Thanks,

Steven

Old Jul 24, 2001, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, QF PLT, Marriott PLT
Yep, that's right. I haven't seen any benefit to having the priority tag on a domestic segment.

As for international flights, I find that when I get back to DFW, a priority tag gets my bag to me in the first 50%, 50% of the time.

------------------
My Aviation Pages
My Travel Pages
Old Jul 25, 2001, 12:03 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM
Domestic Premium baggage handling works only with domestic flagship flights like JFK-SFO. The orange tags actually do work on these flights; your bags actually come out on the belt first (I've done it myself). Another thing is that you can only get the tags when in J or P/F. So if the upgrade isn't confirmed, depending on the agent, you won't get the Premium tag.

Forgot to add this, the service only works in the Flagship destination.

[This message has been edited by SFOJFK (edited 07-25-2001).]
Old Jul 25, 2001, 12:12 am

Programs: Lifetime: UA Gold, AA Gold, & Marriott Titanium
CO has domestic priority for elites and it rarely has any impact. I think AA's decision in not offering it is the right one -- it would probably be pretty difficult to do it consistently which would not be much of a perk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.