Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clarification on AAdvantage 20 Partners...

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2001, 6:33 am

Before placing your order, don't forget to check for coupon codes at dealhunting.com and/or valueconsumer.com. I saw percent off and $ off deals for eddiebauer, hickory farms, illuminations and more.
I have no affiliation with either .com, just want everyone to get a better deal.
Has anyone used QuickCheckout when shopping?
If one joins, is that considered an AA partner to count toward the 20 partners?
And finally, any negative on the Quickcheckout? Thanks
Old May 22, 2001, 6:49 am

Sometimes if you use the discount, you don't get the miles. I know ebags pulled this with the Northwest promotion. Ashford did the same thing. You might run into this situation with one or more of these.

I used quick checkout 3 times and never saw a mile! Quick Checkout told me to call the merchant, the merchant did not know what I was talking about.......you got the picture. It was not worth going after the few miles.
Old May 22, 2001, 8:15 am

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
On the aa web, a citibank application is listed separately from citibank aadvantage. Are you saying that if you have applied for a new credit card and get an enrollment bonus, and charge on an existing account it counts as 1 rather than 2. Why would they be listed separately on their web page?

------------------
DtG
Old May 22, 2001, 8:22 am

Originally posted by dgordon:
On the aa web, a citibank application is listed separately from citibank aadvantage. Are you saying that if you have applied for a new credit card and get an enrollment bonus, and charge on an existing account it counts as 1 rather than 2. Why would they be listed separately on their web page?

I agree with you! I was counting on it being two credits. According to AA customer service: it is the same partner and it counts as ONE. This is just another example of a conflict that makes things confusing. My grandmother's favorite expression was "you have to be a Philadelphia lawyer to figure this out."

Maybe you should call customer service and see if we get the same answer.

Old May 22, 2001, 8:23 am

Originally posted by fscher:
Sometimes if you use the discount, you don't get the miles. I know ebags pulled this with the Northwest promotion. Ashford did the same thing. You might run into this situation with one or more of these.

I used quick checkout 3 times and never saw a mile! Quick Checkout told me to call the merchant, the merchant did not know what I was talking about.......you got the picture. It was not worth going after the few miles.

Buy the gift cert right now and once miles are posted, buy anything with as much discounts as you like.

An opinion. Most of us have bought $5 gift certs from various sites. How about setting up a trade thread after we are done with the 20 partners to consolidate the certs which would make more sense shopping.
Old May 22, 2001, 8:51 am

Originally posted by Bourne:

Buy the gift cert right now and once miles are posted, buy anything with as much discounts as you like.

I have really done some power shopping this week to accomplish this for two of us. I wish I had thought of this earlier - I could have bought the gift certificate under my account and then SPENT it under my husbands.
I did buy some larger gift certificates to use as Graduation gifts, but your idea is super! By the time I got to Lands End, the merchandise was for ME!

I do like the trade idea for the smaller certificates that were ordered.

[This message has been edited by fscher (edited 05-23-2001).]
Old May 22, 2001, 10:13 am

This idea popped up when I was picking up the $5 certs. Almost everywhere it gave an option to pay by certs if one has any.

Kinda helps bring down the cost of those $25 minimum certs. Buy one, use it on the other account, and you are still left with $15 to shop around with. By the end of it, the $25 starts looking like $5.

Have'nt bought one yet. Was cleaning up all $5 certs. I would try one tonight. Just want to check if they make you spend all $25 or does the denomination of the online cert goes down like the paper or plastic ones found in stores.

Would keep ya posted
Old May 22, 2001, 10:56 am

Programs: AA, NWA, UA, Hilton, Marriott
I know some have already responded that Eddie Bauer Gift Certificates have posted to account. Has anyone else had experience with other partner gift certificates? I see that many of the partner websites say miles will be for "merchandise" purchases. When I bought a GC recently, it did say "Merchandise Total." I guess I'm trying to make sure that we don't all go buy a bunch of certificates, only to be told these will not count!
Old May 22, 2001, 11:27 am

Spiegel counted for sure.
$5.00 for a 10$ GC and a tote bag!
Old May 22, 2001, 11:33 am

Programs: AA, NWA, UA, Hilton, Marriott
Thanks fscher. As usual, your replies are helpful. Now I know that at least 2 of the certificates will count! Crossing my fingers on the others.
Old May 22, 2001, 12:17 pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by fscher:
[B]If you order now, you not only get the catalog & a 10.00 certificate, but you get a FREE tote bag. There is no shipping cost added to this purchase. This is an EXCELLENT way to get the partner credit. I don't see any reason it won't work, but I will post when it shows up on my mileage summary.

Fscher,
Was there a place on Spiegel.com where one is supposed to enter their AAdvantage #? I didn't see any, though I did access that site through AOL AAdvan. after I signed in on AOL AAdvant. Is that sufficient for them to track the miles for me? Thanks.
Old May 22, 2001, 12:41 pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by kishna:

Yes, after the login there was a space for your AA # and pin. I thought there was and I just retraced the steps and it came up again. If you placed the order, you may want to eamil [email protected] and verify your miles. They have been very prompt in answering my emails and questions.
Old May 22, 2001, 1:06 pm

[quote]Originally posted by fscher:
Originally posted by kishna:

Yes, after the login there was a space for your AA # and pin. I thought there was and I just retraced the steps and it came up again. If you placed the order, you may want to eamil [email protected] and verify your miles. They have been very prompt in answering my emails and questions.
fscher,

Thanks for getting back with me. Did you mean [email protected]? If not, what's the relationship between Spiegel and
Calypso? Thanks!!

Old May 22, 2001, 1:15 pm

duplicate....sorry!

[This message has been edited by fscher (edited 05-22-2001).]
Old May 22, 2001, 1:26 pm

I hope this is not a duplicate. I hit submit and the screen went crazy and I don't see my reply.

No, I mean @Calypso.com.
Look under FAQ for earn miles under member services at aolaadvantage.com. You will see many stores under the calypso name. They are an affiliate for these stores. For example, office max is NOT an aa partner (but counts for this if you go through the right channel). They only give clickrewards. Calypso is the partner giving the miles. This is why we were afraid that all of these store were going to count as ONE credit no matter how many we used at the start of this thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.