Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does anyone know what an AA "Winback" is?

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2013, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM (1.48M), Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Does anyone know what an AA "Winback" is?

I've been ExecPlat for 5 consecutive years (a rookie I know) and am on track for my sixth year in a row. Today, I got a phone call from AA "in reference to my Executive Platinum account". I called the AA ExecPlat line but they said that I need to call customer service for what the agent said was a note about something called "Winback"? Does that ring a bell to anyone?
Old May 21, 2013, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Why not call them and then tell us?
Old May 21, 2013, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

I wasn't able to call before customer service closed (5:30 pm CT) today but the curiousity has got the best of me and I thought maybe someone else may have got a similar call.
Old May 21, 2013, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Please keep us posted!
Old May 21, 2013, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
I received a call last week, they were just thanking me for my business and continued support. They also mentioned something along the lines of the bk process and merging with US and if I had any questions, I inquired on the AAdvantage program and any possible changes, they didn't mentioned anything new worth posting. I never though of commenting on this here as it seemed to me this was more of PR stuff. Ironically, my wife, also EXP, was not called. Not sure why though.
Old May 21, 2013, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Platinum
Haha... a "winback" promo of sorts would be RICH on the same day that the "Your Elite Status" email went out to scores of grumpy EXPs..

Keep us posted, OP, I would be really curious if its indeed just a PR move, in which case it could probably just be called "KeepUmHopefully"!
Old May 21, 2013, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by arollins
I received a call last week, they were just thanking me for my business and continued support. Ironically, my wife, also EXP, was not called. Not sure why though.
It's really not ironic. I don't know your travel and spend patterns but AA does and some business is worth a thank you call and some isn't.
Old May 21, 2013, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Will keep everyone posted. I definitely didn't receive the "Your elite status" email that many EXPLTs have apparently received though.

@ arollins: When I called the number and before it went to the prompt that said the office was closed, the on hold entertainment was an auto message about the merger so you may be onto something. Hopefully it is worth something worth calling back for and not some lame survey.
Old May 21, 2013, 11:09 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by iamnadv
I've been ExecPlat for 5 consecutive years (a rookie I know) and am on track for my sixth year in a row.
What business is AA going to win back?
Old May 22, 2013, 4:08 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Thread title has been updated to more accurately reflect its contents.

Please remember that FlyerTalk Guidelines & Rules do require that any new thread have a descriptive thread title.

~Moderator
Old May 22, 2013, 8:03 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by iamnadv
I've been ExecPlat for 5 consecutive years (a rookie I know) and am on track for my sixth year in a row. Today, I got a phone call from AA "in reference to my Executive Platinum account". I called the AA ExecPlat line but they said that I need to call customer service for what the agent said was a note about something called "Winback"? Does that ring a bell to anyone?
I am curious. Please keep us posted.
Old May 22, 2013, 2:50 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Nothing current
Based on experiences I've had with other airlines, I normally would expect this to mean that your recent flying patterns indicate that you might have started flying with someone else. For example, if you've averaged 4 flights per month for the past 3 years, but have only flown once or twice in the past few months, AAdvantage would flag your account as being potentially "at risk" to be lost to another airline and they would follow up with you to see if they can do anything to ensure that you continue to fly on AA.

Have your flying patterns changed in the past few months?

-S
Old May 23, 2013, 9:05 am

Programs: AA EXP
any update from iamnadv????

did you ever call AA back?
Old May 23, 2013, 12:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
How many eagles do you have?
Old May 23, 2013, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by Gamecock
How many eagles do you have?
Is there a way to find that out?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.