Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA miles on TW flights- miles posted yet?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2001, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM/Gold, Marriott Gold
AA miles on TW flights- miles posted yet?

Anyone fly TW this past week and try to have AA miles posted?

I'm probably flying to BNA this week, and am trying to decide what to do. Also, is AA giving automatic matching status to TW Elites? And are TW miles in 2001 being counted towards AA Elite qualification/upgrades? Have AA elites been able to upgrade on TW flights?

As I see it, on short flights, it's still in my interest to fly TW. 1000 "actual" miles and a 50% bonus for Elite 1 means a minimum of 3000 miles per round trip, plus free upgrades and possibly miles for fare spent.

On AA, it sounds like 500 minimum miles plus 100% Plat bonus (if this even applies) for a total of 2000 miles for round trip. Plus, if I read it correctly, any Elite "upgrade qualification" miles will reset in March anyways.
Old Feb 4, 2001, 4:29 pm

Programs: Inf Elite CO, lifetime AA Platinum
Socal,

Yep, it looks like you should continue to request TWA miles (especially since your elite status will show up in their computers and you can upgrade).

As for elite status, it is done on a calendar year basis. Upgrade certs are determined by miles flown March-February, but status levels are calendar year based.

FF
Old Feb 5, 2001, 10:03 am

Any idea when you can move TWA miles into Advantage?

I've read all the propaganda and it's not clear to me. I remember with Reno it took almost 12 months to happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.