Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USAir Miles to AA to Japan?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2001, 1:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
USAir Miles to AA to Japan?

Can I use USAIR miles to claim an AA award tix for 200,000 miles for 2 free first class tix to Japan.

Also, if the AA space on a JAL flight is showing that there are 4 F seats left, can those be used for free tix?

Does AA platinum credit apply to AA space on JAL flights? I asked an AA res. person if it applied to JAL flights in general and he said no, but I didn't ask him, nor did he volunteer, about AA code share seats.
Old Jan 19, 2001, 1:42 am

You can use US Air miles to claim an award to Japan...if it's on AA metal. If you are only using US Air miles you need to call them to make the reservation. If you are pooling miles you can call AA but bear in mind it takes 21 days *no exceptions*.

You can only use US Air miles and an American Award on these two carriers. So JAL is out.
For purchased tickets on a codeshare, if it is an AA flight number the miles are Q miles.
If it is the JAL flight number..nope.
Hope this helps

------------------
Anything posted by this user is in no way shape or form sponsored or sanctioned by American Airlines or AMRCORP
Old Jan 19, 2001, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
ouch...21 days to pool miles is ugly
Old Jan 21, 2001, 4:30 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Also,if you are pooling miles from the two airlines, you have to use the award chart on USAirways' web site(check Dividend miles --> Partner airlines). You'll see that there is a 125,000 mile award for first class to asia, but no 200,000 point award for 2 first class tix. You'll have to spend 250,000 for two.

I had the same problem on a recent trip to Buenos Aires. I pooled points from both accounts and had to use the USAir charts. I wanted to use an AA award for 2 business class tix, which were cheaper than 2 individual seats, but they wouldn't allow it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.