Wiki Posts
Search

Help!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2000, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Help!

Hi,

A friend of mine was travelling on Qantas and I told him he must join an FF program. Qantas cost about $80, so I told him to join advantage. For some reason the online enrollment didn't work before he left. Once he came back I made sure he did it, and it worked and it was less than 30 days since his trip.

I was under the impression that AA let you earn miles for flights taken within 30 days of joining, only AA in Melbourne said that's not true.

Can anyone shed some light?

thanks

goodo
Old Aug 10, 2000, 9:35 am

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
I told someone about the AA frequent flyer program while on vacation one time and they signed up at an office within days of their flight and they did NOT include the outgoing portion of their flight, so I do believe it has to be before you fly in order to get credit. I suppose your friend could write to the executive offices and write the whole story and they may take pity on him/her.

------------------
DtG
Old Aug 10, 2000, 1:17 pm

My experience here is not good either. I was flying home from Germany on a Dusseldorf to London British Airways flight and then continuing to Phoenix on American Airlines. These were my first flights on American in almost 10 years. I had no idea what my old AAdvantage number was and since all of my miles were expired anyways I just decided to sign up for a new membership in London at the Lounge. I couldn't even get credit for the flight that I had just taken from Dusseldorf about an hour earlier.

I did not fight it as the mileage was minimal and I knew that I would be easily flying 30,000 miles within the next 3 months. So the 800 or so miles just were not worth the effort. In these ways I am often a pacifist. Best of luck with your situation.
Old Aug 10, 2000, 4:11 pm

The rule reads that you must be signed up in the AAdvantage program to accrue miles and cannot use previous flites to enrollement. AAdv will allow an exception of 30 days on AA flites. The other carriers will not accept the request from AA to post flites that predate enrollment date. Those are rules, and you know what you can do with rules. If you will E-mail me, I'll get someone to look at it for you. Please.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.