Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sleeping with the enemy (Delta blankets on my flight)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2013, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Sleeping with the enemy (Delta blankets on my flight)

I guess the "enemy" would really be if the blankets were US Air... But it somehow appears that my flight (early morning LGA -> ORD) got stocked with Delta blankets instead of AA. While they were more generous size-wise, they were even thinner and even more oddly stretchy. Sad flight, happy to be on my way to SNA on another flight with a proper blanket.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 7:07 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
I guess it could be worse, if they had been the horrible post-merger UA gauze blankets!
Old Feb 16, 2013, 9:25 am

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
The mis stocking happens. I once had US Airways cups on a DL flight operated by Mesaba.

MO
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Yes, it seems they do get mixed up supplying the different airlines. I had a flight that had a Delta blanket. Pointed it out to the FA and she confiscated it! Also, I have seen US glassware in F on AA, a bit ahead of time.

Found in my album from April '12.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:08 am
c_d

Programs: Feels like FO (AA EXP)
IDK what it is with me but I love (no irony for once) the DL BE blankets. Exactly the right size, fabric, feeling - would gladly accept one at any time about any J blanket over the likes of AF, KL, UACO, and AA.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Consultette
I guess the "enemy" would really be if the blankets were US Air... But it somehow appears that my flight (early morning LGA -> ORD) got stocked with Delta blankets instead of AA. While they were more generous size-wise, they were even thinner and even more oddly stretchy. Sad flight, happy to be on my way to SNA on another flight with a proper blanket.
Maybe this guy's sister has been flying Delta. It was Christmas again recently.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:58 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
In the airline industry, they constantly borrow parts from their peers. It's rare to see it, but not unusual to see a competitor's logo on a galley cart, blanket, etc. Sometimes they'll even borrow a radome (aircraft nose), or a tail part from a competitor at an outstation. Despite the fierce competition, the airline industry is very tight knit and cooperation is essential for the long term benefits of all.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Radomes and misc. tail parts aren't part of the brand. Using another airline's branded items like glassware and blankets is just sloppy.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 1:15 pm

Programs: DL MM/FC/FO; UA PS; AA GLD
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Yes, it seems they do get mixed up supplying the different airlines. I had a flight that had a Delta blanket. Pointed it out to the FA and she confiscated it! Also, I have seen US glassware in F on AA, a bit ahead of time.

I didn't know US had glassware.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 2:43 pm

Programs: US Gold, DL, AA, UA

US Silver Preferred checking out this board. Saw this and thought "That's where our glassware went"
Old Feb 16, 2013, 3:32 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Those who want a fair dinkum AA blankie can always buy one, in its own carrier, at the Chicago ORD Admirals Club.

Old Feb 16, 2013, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by JDiver
Those who want a fair dinkum AA blankie can always buy one, in its own carrier, at the Chicago ORD Admirals Club.

Will it count as one of the two carry-ons?
Old Feb 16, 2013, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sushibear
I didn't know US had glassware.
I took the shot myself and assure you it's not photoshoped.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 6:11 pm

Programs: DL MM/FC/FO; UA PS; AA GLD
I took the shot myself and assure you it's not photoshoped.
GNVFlyer caught my drift.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Thanks JDiver. I'll remember that the next time I'm weathered in at ORD. Run to buy a blanket!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.