FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FA Accuses me of stealing a blanket
View Single Post
Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:05 pm
SPEIDEN

FA Accuses me of stealing a blanket

I was on flight 2043 on 1-5 returning from a cruise. We boarded the plane and took Off. A few minutes into the flight I took a blanket from my bag and put it around me. A few more minutes I am reading my book minding my own business and the FA comes by and said "Where did you get that blanket?"
I was a little surprised and said I dont remember. She the responded that there is a blanket missing in first class. I said well I had this in my bag and bought it on the plane with me. She responded where did you get it? I said I dont remember. She said "Well if you took it from American Airlines then that is stealing" and tried to look at the tag. I was furious amd totally embaressed. I said are you serious and threw the blanket at her. She took the blanket and marched to first classs and gave it to the first class passenger. GROSS. What I wanted to do was follow the FA and tell the first class passenger I had lice.
I have had this blanket for over a year and have used it on other flights. A few minutes later I remembered that my sister gave it to me as a Christmas present along with an inflatable pillow. Of course I steamed the whole way home and when I returned called AA. They were aploogetic and asked me to send an e mail. I hope this Fa is reprimanded