Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

[2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

This is the archived, obsolete thread; the current 2014 NEWBIE LOUNGE thread is now a "sticky" thread here .

/American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

[2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:36 am

Programs: UA1K, BA GLD
Hi all, I looked for the answer but could not find it. Is it possible to store BA Frequent Flyer number in a user profile on AA.com? Every time I try to use it it removes all my information and I have to type everything from scratch. Booking through a third-party sites would cause problems when I need to change my plans (happens often) and BA site unfortunately does not allow to book a pure AA itinerary. TAs are not interested in booking American nowadays.

Any tip is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

mabff
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:42 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I am not sure if you can do this retroactively, particularly if you've earned Comodoro kilometers, but read this page for a start.

Originally Posted by peachfront
As a total newbie to AA, I haven't been able to use "search" to come up with anything helpful, yet it seems like you experts probably already know the answer to my question. Here it is: My friend bought 2 flights for me on LAN, which I have already flown. I did not remember my AA number, so I could not add them to the flights at either airport. One flight was on Jan. 8, the other was on Jan. 21. I still have the boarding passes. Is there a way to get AA miles for these flights, such as a place where I can fax copies of my flight information. If the answer is no, at least I can stop wondering about it. If the answer is yes, I doubly appreciate the information. Thanks in advance...
Old Jan 23, 2013, 3:02 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by jorun
I hope that someone can help me:
In all airline programs you can gain EQM until the end of the year so I can gain EQM until 31 dec 2013. Questions:

1) If will earn 25000 EQM on 25 feb 2013, I will have gold status from 25 feb 2013 until 28 feb 2015.......is it correct? I think it is correct but on AA website I read "The membership year, lasts from March 1 through the final day of February of the following year." I don't understand this phrase because it means that if I get the gold status in 25 feb 2013, I will have the membership year only from march 1 2014 to feb 2015....

2) For the requalification I have to gain other 25000 miles but my gold status is valid until 28 feb 2015, so I have to earn 25000 miles between 1 jan 2014 and 31 dec 2014, right? But If I gain 25k miles in dec 2014 I will be gold again only between 31 dec 2014 and 28 feb 2016. So the best value way to extend the gold status is to earn 25k miles in jan-feb 2015 in this way I will be gold until feb 2018, right?
They are just examples because I want to understand how it works....

thanks in advance
Your interpretation is correct. Qualification is based on flight activity during the calendar year. Once you hit a status threshold you get that status immediately, and keep it through February two years later. You could earn 25k EQM every other year in January/February and would always be Gold. I have met an EXP who has done this: e.g. earn status in 2011, not fly at all in 2012, requalify by earning 100k EQM in January/February 2013.

I believe the reason status is good through February is to allow sufficient time for new membership cards to be mailed out.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA Gold
500 mile upgrades - can you let someone else use them?

Hello there, my husband has 18 x 500 mile upgrades in his account and now being retired wont use them. Can he let me use them on an AA domestic flight booked in B class as part of an international itinerary booked with BA?.(neither of us has any status) My flight is LHR-DFW (BA), DFW-RSW (AA flight) TIA
Old Jan 23, 2013, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by luvthesun
Hello there, my husband has 18 x 500 mile upgrades in his account and now being retired wont use them. Can he let me use them on an AA domestic flight booked in B class as part of an international itinerary booked with BA?.(neither of us has any status) My flight is LHR-DFW (BA), DFW-RSW (AA flight) TIA
Unfortunately, if he is not traveling with you, you cannot use his stickers. The good thing is that they don't expire, so you can keep them for any chance you may get to use them in the future.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 4:46 pm

Bummer Thanks for reply
Old Jan 23, 2013, 4:48 pm

Could I use my own miles and co-payment to upgrade on the flight?...(if available). I can't quite decipher the "rules"...TIA
Old Jan 23, 2013, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
I am EXP and have redeemed a Business Class award ticket that goes Taipei - Narita - Abu Dhabi - Nairobi. TPE-NRT is on CX, with the remainder on Etihad. The question is what lounges can we use?

Obviously in TPE we can use CX/JA lounges J/F lounges due to OW status and class of service.

In NRT, it doesn't appear we can use JA/AA/CX lounges since our onward flight isn't on OW, but on Etihad.

Will we have access to Etihad's partner lounge (ANA) at Narita based on class of service? I called the AAdvantage Service Desk earlier and she said that rules indicated that only those flying in F on Etihad could get into the partner ANA lounge at Narita. But that sounds strange.

Anyone have experience with this?
Old Jan 23, 2013, 5:38 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
We'd most likely have no idea. Even though you are flying on an AAdvantage iles award, the proper place to ask the questions about Etihad-associated lounge access is in the Etihad Airways Etihad Guest Forum.

Originally Posted by jiaotze
I am EXP and have redeemed a Business Class award ticket that goes Taipei - Narita - Abu Dhabi - Nairobi. TPE-NRT is on CX, with the remainder on Etihad. The question is what lounges can we use?

Obviously in TPE we can use CX/JA lounges J/F lounges due to OW status and class of service.

In NRT, it doesn't appear we can use JA/AA/CX lounges since our onward flight isn't on OW, but on Etihad.

Will we have access to Etihad's partner lounge (ANA) at Narita based on class of service? I called the AAdvantage Service Desk earlier and she said that rules indicated that only those flying in F on Etihad could get into the partner ANA lounge at Narita. But that sounds strange.

Anyone have experience with this?
Old Jan 23, 2013, 6:53 pm

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
Thanks, I did not earn any miles in the LAN program, as I have no account there. I already found the page you mentioned but it does not seem to work...I get an error message. I suspect it may not be possible retroactively...

Originally Posted by JDiver
I am not sure if you can do this retroactively, particularly if you've earned Comodoro kilometers, but read this page for a start.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 9:24 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Dia, AClub Plat, Hyatt Dia, FB Gold, LH SEN, TK *G
Good afternoon to all,

I am planning a trip to the US that is quite complicated and I don't know what's the best way to book it (all in one or separately, special fares and so on) so your help would be greatly appreciated

The journey is as follows (knowing that we would each time fly in the late afternoon)
March 10:
LUX-NYC

March 11:
NYC-ORD

March 12:
ORD-SFO

March 13:
SFO-BOS

March 14:
BOS-LUX

I don't care which airlines we take to be honest. Two of us will be flying economy and one will be in business (though I may decide that all will be flying C within the US but not for the transatlantic flights).

MANY THANKS for your help in advance !
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:38 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by SeamasterLux
Good afternoon to all,

I am planning a trip to the US that is quite complicated and I don't know what's the best way to book it (all in one or separately, special fares and so on) so your help would be greatly appreciated

The journey is as follows (knowing that we would each time fly in the late afternoon)
March 10:
LUX-NYC

March 11:
NYC-ORD

March 12:
ORD-SFO

March 13:
SFO-BOS

March 14:
BOS-LUX

I don't care which airlines we take to be honest. Two of us will be flying economy and one will be in business (though I may decide that all will be flying C within the US but not for the transatlantic flights).

MANY THANKS for your help in advance !
Your best bet is AA.com multi cities reservations
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:20 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Dia, AClub Plat, Hyatt Dia, FB Gold, LH SEN, TK *G
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Your best bet is AA.com multi cities reservations
Unfortunately:

The following error(s) occured
A maximum of 4 different cities can be defined in your itinerary including your departure point. Please modify your last selection and resubmit your request. (7120)

I got a quote through Orbitz though.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 9:54 am

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
Originally Posted by SeamasterLux
Unfortunately:

The following error(s) occured
A maximum of 4 different cities can be defined in your itinerary including your departure point. Please modify your last selection and resubmit your request. (7120)

I got a quote through Orbitz though.
May I ask - which country's website did you use? The U.S. and Canadian version (AA.com) allow up to 6 flight segments in the multi-city search function (other countries might also, I'm not familiar with them, however).

I just put your itinerary in now and had no problems getting a fare quote.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 6:37 pm

LHR Arrivals lounge -- guests?

I'll be flying into LHR T3 on AA. I'm an EXP, flying Business Class; does my colleague (traveling coach on the same flight) get to use the arrivals lounge as my guest?

Thanks,
-SS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.