Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin America / VX Status Match for AA Elites

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2012, 7:13 am

Programs: AA EXPLT
Well, I went for it. I have to fly Virgin Australia in February, so we'll see if this status match does me any good.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 9:28 am

Programs: AA PLT
If there's any chance you'll have to fly them in the next six months, I don't see a reason not to take the status match. Lack of free upgrades to first class is a bummer but you do get Main Cabin Select which is more than just a bigger seat: you get free food and drinks and free entertainment (all seats have personal AVOD, but in coach you have to pay to use it). Plus priority security/checkin/boarding and free checked bags. It's obviously not as good as EXP but it's better than nothing and it takes about three minutes to apply for.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 4:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum,
Still no word after the intial email about the upgrade? Anyone else come through yet
Old Nov 25, 2012, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by Mehadi66
Still no word after the intial email about the upgrade? Anyone else come through yet
Nothing yet. My account on their website still shows me as having Red status (the lowest level). They did say it would take up to 14 days to update my account.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4M
Also nothing..

I submitted my information as well, and have gotten absolutely nothing back but the initial email saying 14 days.. Anyone have any luck?
Old Nov 27, 2012, 6:15 pm

Programs: Back to AA EXP for 2018 after 1 year on worthless Plat Pro
Originally Posted by AlwaysAA
I submitted my information as well, and have gotten absolutely nothing back but the initial email saying 14 days.. Anyone have any luck?
I signed up last week and am waiting for status match confirmation also.

The new SFO direct to DCA could be magic for me.

I have to fly to DC 1x per month and can't stand UA's service to IAD (I know, they are going to DCA also). On last night's return flight (IAD to SFO), I had the pleasure of sitting next to an Orca fat female in Y last night who had a severe flatulence issue. I don't blame Smisek for that. At least not at this time.

The VX product in Y is not too bad. The planes are only 50% full and there is usually an open seat next to you. The buy on board food is actually pretty good and the TV and WiFi are money in terms of IFE.

I figure why not try it -- especially for the SFO --> DCA, SFO -->SJD and SFO -->BOS direct (which AA aabandoned).

I will check back in when I get the match information.

Can you guys confirm here that there are no free upgrades to Silver? How does upgrading work on VX if you are silver? Is it paid?

Also, is there ANY carryover status to Virgin Australia or Virgin Atlantic?

Thanks.

SB
Old Nov 27, 2012, 6:21 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SuperBuck27
Can you guys confirm here that there are no free upgrades to Silver? How does upgrading work on VX if you are silver? Is it paid?
Everyone is paid (Red, Silver, and Gold) but the windows open at different times. It;s all clearly spelled out on www.virginamerica.com
Old Nov 30, 2012, 8:59 am

To update, my status match went through yesterday, so they do appear to be processing them, albeit slowly.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 5:38 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was matched to Gold today.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 10:51 am

Programs: United 1k, American Executive Platinum, Hyatt - Diamond Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
I completed my form last Friday and was status matched to Elevate Gold!

Another card to add to the pile.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT
I received my confirmation over the weekend.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgi...-3-lounge.html

Virgin America Loft

Doubt this will have much impact on AA's position in the transcon market but worth mentioning in the discussion of status matches. IMO the lounge looks pretty hideous with cheap Ikea-eqsue furniture and hastily put together in what appears to be the former AS Boardroom space. Give me the Admirals Club or Delta Sky Club any day!
Old Dec 12, 2012, 2:47 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K Aeroplan 25K HHonors Gold Marriott lifetime Plat IHG Plat Hertz Pres Club
Originally Posted by gkbiiii

Also, matched members will only receive one complimentary pass to the Virgin America lounge at LAX.
I requested my status match by e-mail on 11-27 and received return confirmation on 12-3. If a complimentary pass to the LAX Loft lounge is a perk of the status match, has anyone received one? If so, how was it transmitted?
Old Dec 12, 2012, 6:21 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP, DL PLT, UA 1P, SPG Gold
Just read up everything possible about Elevate program and it seems to be just simply horrible Flew VX once thought and the planes are nice. Will have to stick to the old granny planes on AA for now ...
Old Dec 12, 2012, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA EX PLT, AS MVPG, AR PLT,SPG GOLD
I was matched up to silver than after a follow up email just matched to gold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.