Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin America / VX Status Match for AA Elites

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2012, 7:04 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Doubt this will have much impact on AA's position in the transcon market but worth mentioning in the discussion of status matches. IMO the lounge looks pretty hideous with cheap Ikea-eqsue furniture and hastily put together in what appears to be the former AS Boardroom space. Give me the Admirals Club or Delta Sky Club any day!
The food and drink puts either one of them to shame, and from what I can tell is all free once you are in. The look and feel of Virgin branded lounges is most definitely an acquired taste, whether you're at LHR, JFK or at this new LAX VX lounge. And if you were flying out of LAX every week you would not want to pay 40 bucks a pop for it. Still much to like, though.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K - National Executive.
Virgin America is matching status

Virgin America is matching y'alls status for 2013. Get it while its hot.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 6:21 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A525 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by GergoryWilson
Virgin America is matching y'alls status for 2013. Get it while its hot.
A search for "VX Status Match" returned this thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...aa-elites.html

The program has been going on for several weeks

Last edited by HNL; Dec 28, 2012 at 6:23 pm
Old Dec 28, 2012, 6:50 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Also note that it's more of a challenge than a match. Status only lasts until April 30, 2013 and you need to fly a fair bit to keep it for the rest of the year.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Yes, they've been doing this for awhile. Suggest a merge with the thread HNL mentioned above.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 8:45 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Please follow the existing discussion in the thread linked above.

A gentle reminder for all members:

Use the Search Feature - link to this guideline
Before starting a thread, use the search feature to see if there's a recent thread on your topic. Many questions come up repeatedly on FlyerTalk. If you're wondering about a specific Hilton property in Chicago, for example, there's a good chance a thread - or 10 - already exists. The search link is located in the navigation menu near the top of the Forums page. Keeping information on the same topic confined to as few threads as possible helps members quickly find the information they need.
If one were to do an "Advanced Search" and searched on Thread Titles, the above thread would come up using the search term 'virgin'.

Thanks folks! /Moderator
Old Jan 8, 2013, 5:36 pm

Cheaper upgrade due to complimentary Main Cabin Select?

I was wondering if anyone has utilized this yet. I believe that the upgrade from Main Cabin to First is twice the cost of the upgrade from Main Cabin to Main Cabin Select or from Main Cabin Select to First. Since status gets you a complimentary MCS upgrade, I wonder if you can just pay to upgrade from MCS to First at half the cost, after. Anyone try this? It almost makes it worth it for $150 for transcon upgrade... but probably still no =)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.