Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ticket purchased a week ago and still not ticketed

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2012, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Platinum Ulti, AA 4MM EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Ticket purchased a week ago and still not ticketed

On November 7 I purchased two tickets CDG-LHR-MIA-SXM/CUR-MIA-CDG
Upgraded both tickets to J-class using SWUs with no problem
However the tickets haven't been ticketed yet; I have called AA CS and was told that this sort of ticket can take several days
It's been 8 days now and the booking still shows purchased and on request.

I find this vey odd. Anyone had the same experience? Should I be worried?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
The CDG-LHR segment is most likely the issue. It is either a codeshare or some other non-AA-metal flight. That is why you are seeing "On Request." AA has to go to that other airline and request the inventory before AA can issue the ticket.

Could be a while, especially if date of departure is not for a while. Just be patient. As long as you purchased the ticket, your fare is guaranteed, even if the charge does not hit your card (which in Sabre happens at the moment of ticket issuance) for a while.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Platinum Ulti, AA 4MM EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for making that clear. The first leg is indeed a code share on BA metal, and while I have had no such issue in the past with BA codeshare, it makes sense that this would the problem.

Again thank you
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
Did you change the itin?
Similar things happened to me this year for my itin including BA leg.
I waited 2-3 days then called EXP desk to solve the issue.
I guess something stucked at the BA leg, recommend to call EXP desk until op get a right agent.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz PC, AMEX PLT
I'd call AA. This happened to me recently when rebooking an award ticket on AB. The AA agent told me it got lost in the shuffle and said she'd get it moving again. Two days later I was ticketed (had waited two weeks prior to the call).
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:17 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Originally Posted by thierry
However the tickets haven't been ticketed yet; I have called AA CS and was told that this sort of ticket can take several days

Something is wrong with your itinerary if it has been over a week. Call back and agent shop until you get it all sorted out. Lot of new agents are working the EXP desk who just don't have the experience yet in intricate matters.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:54 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by thierry

It's been too long. Call again and ask for a specific reason of why the ticket has not been issued. Escalate the issue if possible. Since it's been more than 8 days, I would not hang up until I receive a satisfactory explanation from the agent.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 2:47 pm

@Thierry: please post back to share the outcome.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 5:58 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html
Old Nov 16, 2012, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

I ma in southern Patagonia right now so will wait till I am back in Paris and will call EXP CS
Thanks for the input
Old Nov 28, 2012, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Update to this saga

I called AA 3 times regarding the ticketing issue and every time the agents have told me it would be done within the hour.
The las time I was told to call AA european number since my credit card has been issued in France, which has never ever been an issue in the past.
The ticket is still on request as of today
This is getting ridiculous. And I don't know what to do
Old Nov 28, 2012, 7:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Tell them you will hold while they ticket. Explain the problems and the prior one-hour commitments. There's clearly a problem and it's not getting solved.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 7:32 am

Programs: AA EXP
Had to call back about 6 times a week ago before I got to an EXP agent who knew how to handle an upgrade that was approved but without a seat assignment.

Half of them couldn't even correctly interpret what they were seeing on screen ...

Serious recent downgrade in quality of service sadly, so don't be afraid to keep calling until you get someone with some experience who can figure out why it is stuck without guessing ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.