FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   AA's first 77W spotted at Paine Field; new livery speculation (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1397933-aas-first-77w-spotted-paine-field-new-livery-speculation.html)

Travelsonic Oct 28, 2012 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH (Post 19578267)
Well, not anymore. Because the old livery is in the past. It is no longer exists.

Um... what are you talking about?

beerup Oct 28, 2012 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by Travelsonic (Post 19581162)
Um... what are you talking about?

N830MH is trying to tell you that AA are about to announce a new livery scheme.

fAAn Oct 28, 2012 8:45 pm

This just went up on the AA.com site in Brazil.
New Airbus 319 wallpaper. Looks like the new livery will be much like the current, swapping the polished look for a matte grey look!

(See wallpaper at) http://www.aa.com.br/content/images/...p_1600_f09.jpg)

Fitch7600 Oct 28, 2012 9:58 pm

That's just the translation of the original marketing materials from when they placed the order. I suspect the point of a rebrand will be so it looks different to the average customer. :-)

It sounds like we will have an announcement within the month because those 77W's are due for a finished paint job soon. I recall that with TWA they were able to keep it under wraps (literally, their teaser ads were a graphic of a plane under a giant canvas) by using computer generated images for the announcement and ads before the first repainted DC-9 rolled out.

JDiver Oct 30, 2012 3:26 pm

Moderator action

The delay to AA's inaugural 777-323ER flight, DFW-GRU, 31 January 2013, is being discussed in the (newly renamed) AA Announces Initial Boeing 777-300ER / "77W" Schedule [delayed to 31 Jan 2013] thread. Please continue the discussion there.

Posts regarding the delay have been moved there.

/Moderator

TWA884 Nov 6, 2012 10:58 am

According to a reliable source, this appears to be the new livery:

WRCSolberg Nov 6, 2012 11:52 am

Originally Posted by TWA884 (Post 19634952)

Looks suspiciously like one of the fantasy liveries I've seen over on childrentalkingaboutairplanes.net.

evanderm Nov 6, 2012 11:59 am

Originally Posted by WRCSolberg (Post 19635329)
Looks suspiciously like one of the fantasy liveries I've seen over on childrentalkingaboutairplanes.net.

Has been brought up here a few times too. I wonder what the 'reliable sources' are? I'm sure that any new livery will be a closely guarded secret with strict penalties for anyone in the know breaking a non-disclosure agreement.

Rather than fuel or tune in to speculation I'm just going to wait till anything's presented.

JDiver Nov 6, 2012 12:00 pm

Dayone posted the same on 25 October. The entire page can be seen here - designs by Anthony Harding: http://anthony-harding.com/?p=156

He also said

Originally Posted by Anthony Harding
“I wanted to see if I could create an effective evolution of the current brand. I wanted a bold new look for American Airlines, one that looks classy, distinguished, and ultra-modern with highly geometric, sharp angles and a metallic feel that creates a sense of strength and security. I evolved the Scissor Eagle logo to a more abstract form. The new “Eagle” is not just an abstract eagle, but also an abstract representation of the American flag. The overall brand beyond the livery would take heavy influence from timeless Art Deco, Gothic and neo-Art Deco design which symbolizes American strength, freedom, and an overall classicism that distinguishes the brand from the competition.”

as his justification.

But it doesn't really convince me AA will begin looking like Aeroflot.

Originally Posted by WRCSolberg (Post 19635329)

WRCSolberg Nov 6, 2012 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by evanderm (Post 19635389)
Has been brought up here a few times too. I wonder what the 'reliable sources' are? I'm sure that any new livery will be a closely guarded secret with strict penalties for anyone in the know breaking a non-disclosure agreement.

Rather than fuel or tune in to speculation I'm just going to wait till anything's presented.

Absolutely.

I've seen far too many people claiming to have contradictory inside knowledge here and elsewhere to believe any of them. I'll wait and see.

broadwayblue Nov 6, 2012 1:08 pm

Is the goal to eliminate the current red/white/blue scheme? Yes, those colors are still present, but in a much less obvious way.

reft Nov 6, 2012 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by broadwayblue (Post 19635839)
Is the goal to eliminate the current red/white/blue scheme? Yes, those colors are still present, but in a much less obvious way.

Just the red....ink. :)

CubsFanJohn Nov 7, 2012 8:41 pm

Doesn't look too bad actually. However I was hoping they'd return to the 1960's era branding.

pineapplejet Nov 8, 2012 2:42 am

a new video of boeing flightline was posted and AA's bird is no where to be seen now. The seats caused a 7 week delay so presumably they are painting it and installing J and Y seats, and testing it? Just waiting for the F seats to come in and voila we are good to go?

itchief Nov 15, 2012 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by pineapplejet (Post 19646059)
a new video of boeing flightline was posted and AA's bird is no where to be seen now. The seats caused a 7 week delay so presumably they are painting it and installing J and Y seats, and testing it? Just waiting for the F seats to come in and voila we are good to go?

2nd AA 777-300 makes it's first flight.

http://boeing-test-flights.blogspot.com/