FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   AA's first 77W spotted at Paine Field; new livery speculation (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1397933-aas-first-77w-spotted-paine-field-new-livery-speculation.html)

Herb687 Oct 25, 2012 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by grahampros (Post 19565443)
AA really has no choice to move away from the polished aluminum since it's not possible on the upcoming Airbus narrow bodies and 787 ( if and when those orders ever get confirmed).

Switching from polished aluminum to silver colored paint would be easy and wouldn't impact anything else in the livery/branding. Just slap the same stripes, typeface, logo, etc. on silver paint instead of bare aluminum.

grahampros Oct 25, 2012 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by Herb687 (Post 19565489)
Switching from polished aluminum to silver colored paint would be easy and wouldn't impact anything else in the livery/branding. Just slap the same stripes, typeface, logo, etc. on silver paint instead of bare aluminum.

Likely too expensive a proposition.

Herb687 Oct 25, 2012 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by grahampros (Post 19565552)
Likely too expensive a proposition.

Compared to a complete overhaul of livery and branding???

Microwave Oct 25, 2012 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by Herb687 (Post 19565589)
Compared to a complete ovehaul of livery and branding???

My thoughts exactly; a complete rebrand would be quite expensive.

IflyonAA Oct 25, 2012 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by Torgen (Post 19565018)
Makes me think of US.

The person who did this design has stated clearly on a different forum that this livery was just a 'play' idea. No more no less.

Bishope2 Oct 26, 2012 6:32 am

Understanding that the new 787 is made of a composite material, I can understand why AA would want to standardize the fleet. That said, I thought I had read several years ago that the reason AA didn't do a full paint job on their aircraft was for weight reasons. By not painting their aircraft, they saved several hundreds of pounds, thus saving fuel. If this is true, I don't see them pulling the older aircraft off line just to paint them.

I am just hopeful this has nothing to do with the US talks.

pineapplejet Oct 27, 2012 4:58 am

Only about 6 weeks until the new 77W deployment. was wondering shouldn't Boeing be making a delivery soon.

It's still on the flight line looking all the same.

I think it's the one infront of the CZ and QR 787s parked head to head with the State of Kuwait 747-8i

See here: http://paineairport.com/images/fl102612.jpg

dayone Oct 27, 2012 8:14 am

The 77W picture may not be current since this is the State of Kuwait 747-8i posted 5 days ago.

http://www.airlinereporter.com/wp-co...48-640x426.jpg

evanderm Oct 27, 2012 9:44 am

Originally Posted by dayone (Post 19574974)
The 77W picture may not be current since this is the State of Kuwait 747-8i posted 5 days ago.

The Kuwaiti 747-8i looks the same to me in the panorama, at least the vertical stabilizer does. Can't see much of the rest of the aircraft.

pineapplejet Oct 27, 2012 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by dayone (Post 19574974)

http://www.airlinereporter.com/wp-co...48-640x426.jpg

but the panorama is the latest tho. or is it?:rolleyes:

N830MH Oct 27, 2012 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by Fanjet (Post 19561723)
No it's not. AA's livery is classic. Even coca-cola realized that sometimes it isn't better to change the look.

Well, not anymore. Because the old livery is in the past. It is no longer exists.

aafreq Oct 28, 2012 9:26 am

Love the Boeing train videos !

Thx to all who provided the links to Paine field.
Despite the obvious interest in Boeing aircraft, I was pleasantly surprised to see the train videos, particularly the B 737 fuselages, less wings obviously, exiting the tunnel...please keep us posted on the livery change, it may be our first indication of a major change at AA.....

JDiver Oct 28, 2012 11:03 am

Moderator action

pineapplejet's huge panoramic image rendition was causing problems with the FlyerTalk display and was replaced by a link to the photo, which you can expand to full size by clicking on it when you arrive at that page. (Be sure to check it out - awesome photo!)

Just as a reminder:

Posting of Images - link to this guideline
FlyerTalk welcomes members to embed non-animated images in certain forums. All images must meet community standards, must convey relevant on-topic information and are allowed only in posts and not in signature lines. Images should be as small as needed to get the point across without being overbearing. Images that are offensive, irrelevant or violate the TOS will be removed and posters of such images may be subject to disciplinary action including, but not limited to, loss of image-posting privileges in one or more forums. Posters are responsible for the content of images embedded in their posts whether it is the image intended to be and/or originally posted or not.

/Moderator

aafreq Oct 28, 2012 11:32 am

" (Be sure to check it out - awesome photo!)"

you are correct....awesome !

WRCSolberg Oct 28, 2012 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 19580540)
pineapplejet's huge panoramic image rendition was causing problems with the FlyerTalk display and was replaced by a link to the photo, which you can expand to full size by clicking on it when you arrive at that page. (Be sure to check it out - awesome photo!)

Just as a reminder:

/Moderator

Thank you.