Search

Check your reservations: schedule changes loaded ~23 Sep 2012

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2012, 4:55 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Also, MY UPGRADE REQUESTS ARE NOT STICKING! Please, everyone, double check at the bottom of your reservations to be sure the flights still say "Requested." Mine had dropped out--ALL of them!
Originally Posted by anabolism
I wonder why some do and some don't?
I've been told that, even when they appear to be dropped, they're still there. Yeah, I wouldn't trust it either, and would definitely fix it. Just reporting what I've been told in the past

Cheers.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 5:35 pm

My March 2013 flights also changed...unfortunately, only by 20 minutes. Was hoping for a 1 hour change to be able to cancel. Contemplating asking them to move it to an earlier flight, but trying to gamble on which one is more likely to be moved *sigh* (DFW-SJU direct, only 2 flights per day).
Old Sep 30, 2012, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by brp
I've been told that, even when they appear to be dropped, they're still there. Yeah, I wouldn't trust it either, and would definitely fix it. Just reporting what I've been told in the past

Cheers.

Yes, in the past I have been told the same thing, that that the original timestamp does not go away. BUT, if you do not resubmit the requests, you will not be on the list. So, in essence, once you resubmit, you jump up back to your original place on the list.

But it does require intervention--clicking the boxes and resubmitting.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
Another schedule changes will be loaded soon?

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2...november.html/

“However, overall, we are not yet back to the levels our customers deserve and expect from American. So, we are extending our previously-announced schedule reductions through the first half of November by approximately 1 percent,” it said.
As the Sep 23rd's schedule change affected AA schedule for Oct-Dec,
I undersatnd above means that AA will reduce flights by 1% in addition to the Sep 23rd reduction.
Am I reading right?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plt , Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by supergrandslam
Another schedule changes will be loaded soon?

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2...november.html/

As the Sep 23rd's schedule change affected AA schedule for Oct-Dec,
I undersatnd above means that AA will reduce flights by 1% in addition to the Sep 23rd reduction.
Am I reading right?
Yes, although apparently only through the first two weeks of November. I wouldn't be surprised to see it extended though.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Daytime JFK-LHR schedule change (new 1100 departure) - why?

Good morning all,

As most of us know, the daytime JFK-LHR run has always departed around 8:30am ET, with an arrival around 9-10pm. I think the aircraft then RON'ed at LHR and turned around as the next morning's first LHR-JFK flight, arriving JFK around noon.

Well, I'm out at JFK this morning and happened to see a lot of people at gate 14 with a 772 parked there--very unusual for 10:15am. I assumed it was a delayed outbound from last night going . However, when I checked the board, it said AA 142 JFK-LHR, departing at 11am.

Does anyone know the reason for the schedule change? And how it will affect the equipment turn at LHR? Perhaps it was made so the bird sits on the ground at LHR for less time? (or so they can use an inbound bird from GRU/EZE in the early am for the JFK departure to LHR?)
Old Oct 28, 2012, 8:40 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Could it have something to do with this

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ep-2012-a.html

(I searched "schedule" and came up with that consolidated thread)

Cheers.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 8:49 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
daylight saving time endin UK today.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As with many other flight schedule changes that occur each year in the spring and the fall, it's a temporary change due to Daylight Saving Time, which ended today in London but continues for another week here.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by FWAAA
As with many other flight schedule changes that occur each year in the spring and the fall, it's a temporary change due to Daylight Saving Time, which ended today in London but continues for another week here.
Really? It only ended in London? What about other parts of the UK?
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:49 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Really? It only ended in London? What about other parts of the UK?
google is your friend.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LHR is heavily slot-constrained, and flights in/out of LHR follow the time zone change there.

Operations by US airlines to other places in Europe typically follow US time zone changes.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt DM, SPG GLD, Hertz 5*, AMEX PLT, GE
Check your reservations: schedule changes loaded ~23 Sep 2012

Apologies for bumping an old thread, but was wondering if there is a traditional time of the year or month when Schedule changes are made. I've got a trip in January that is very time sensitive and want to confirm there won't be a schedule change.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 1:09 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by FlyingTrojan
Apologies for bumping an old thread, but was wondering if there is a traditional time of the year or month when Schedule changes are made. I've got a trip in January that is very time sensitive and want to confirm there won't be a schedule change.
I just received (Dec 6) a schedule change on a April trip. i would not expect any schedule changes for a January trip. Please note that I've been wrong before.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 8:18 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by FlyingTrojan
Schedule changes occur every Saturday night. Some schedule changes are more broad than others. I make a habit of checking my reservations every Sunday morning. This is not unique to AA as it happens throughout the US based airlines. I find your international major ow airlines (QF, CX, and BA) rarely change schedules in my limited experience (2 RTW, 4 Cirpacs and various TATLs) so I have no way of knowing what the frequency of their schedule changes are.

As the SquareDanceGuy indicated, you will rarely see a change for schedules in the coming 2 months so you are safe. But FWIW, I still check all of my flights every Sunday. I had a sched change for AA January flight on Aug 12, Sep 16 and the final one on Sep 30, an upcoming UA February flight changed on Sep 16, Sep 30 and again on Nov 25, and an AS December flight changed on Aug 19. Some flights never change. Just some anecdotal evidence that may be of some help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.