Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check your reservations: schedule changes loaded ~23 Sep 2012

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2012, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Exclamation Check your reservations: schedule changes loaded ~23 Sep 2012

Just a quick reminder to all it looks like AA loaded some schedule adjustments last night for October and into December as best I can tell. Noting too major to report except a few equipment changes and minor schedule revisions. Make sure flight numbers haven't changed as you will want to re-request any pending upgrades.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 8:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
LAX-HNL/OGG are now showing 767 (changed from 757) through my trips in December. Score! ^
Old Sep 23, 2012, 8:35 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
My October and November trips were not impacted (so far), but thanks for the heads-up. As we're transiting through DFW in all cases, these are usually ripe for change.

Cheers.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 8:48 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
Yup, my flight in Dec seemed get cancelled(AA5418 LGA-RDU) and rebooked to the later flight.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:00 am

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Just a quick reminder to all it looks like AA loaded some schedule adjustments last night for October and into December as best I can tell. Noting too major to report except a few equipment changes and minor schedule revisions. Make sure flight numbers haven't changed as you will want to re-request any pending upgrades.
Thanks for the heads up!
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Thanks for the heads up, got bumped from a 10:05PM BOS arrival to a 12:30AM arrival. Definitely need to check my options here, 12:30AM is way too late to catch the T for any meaningful distance, and that last DFW-BOS flight seems to get a lot of delays.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Question for those that have been re-booked:

Did this happen without any notification from AA? Or did you just see the changes before they had a chance to send the eMail?
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by RogerD408

Did this happen without any notification from AA? Or did you just see the changes before they had a chance to send the eMail?
That is how they have done it in the past and how they did it for me this time. Fortunately, both of my affected itns are award bookings, so I can cancel them no matter how large or small the change.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:05 am

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the heads up. The flights I booked last night DFW/LAS changed to new flight numbers. I got caught up in this had had to book via Travelocity because AA.com was all messed up with he schedule changes.

For me, the changes are minor. flights departing 10-15 minutes later than what I originally booked. No biggie. I have the same seats, but I DID need to re-submit my upgrade requests. I received no email notification. So, this thread was most helpful

Again, thanks for the heads up!
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by RogerD408

Originally Posted by jsmeeker
Thanks for the heads up. The flights I booked last night DFW/LAS changed to new flight numbers. I got caught up in this had had to book via Travelocity because AA.com was all messed up with he schedule changes.

For me, the changes are minor. flights departing 10-15 minutes later than what I originally booked. No biggie. I have the same seats, but I DID need to re-submit my upgrade requests. I received no email notification. So, this thread was most helpful

Again, thanks for the heads up!
AA generally sends notifications closer to the departure time. Not sure what the exact time frame is but I want to say its 60 days before departure. UA on the other hand usually alerts me within 5-7 days of the change by both an email and automated voice mail. When signing into your reservations, DL and UA have a dialog box that indicates the change(s) and has the customer "accept" them and in some cases shows alternate flights to switch to at no charge.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:26 am

Did anyone else notice this set of changes seems to have reduced award availability substantially? I was looking at lax-lhr AA136 and had plenty yesterday for november/dec, today its gone. Should have booked then- oops!
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:26 am
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
The nice thing about AA is even if there is a schedule change and your upgrade requests become "un-checked", they still go by the date stamp of the original request.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:27 am

I had changes in several reservations. I was not notified. I just happened to notice that one of my trips has a weird seat assignment (they were changed with the schedule change).
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's quite logical that AA wouldn't notify everyone at the same time as it would not be able to handle the surge in calls cost-effectively.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:43 am

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
AA generally sends notifications closer to the departure time. Not sure what the exact time frame is but I want to say its 60 days before departure. UA on the other hand usually alerts me within 5-7 days of the change by both an email and automated voice mail. When signing into your reservations, DL and UA have a dialog box that indicates the change(s) and has the customer "accept" them and in some cases shows alternate flights to switch to at no charge.
Well, these flights are Nov 17 and 20th. That is within 60 days. But I just booked them yesterday.

Really, no major deal as the time adjustments are slight (and to be honest, are probably slightly better). The only thing I could have been burned on was upgrade requests. I had to re-do it. Without this thread, I might not have ever gone back and checked that my upgrade was no longer requested.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.