Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

cancelling and redepositing the inbound half of a cx award intra- asia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aa lifetime platinum

planning a trip to Delhi , and will be travelling from hkg to del on cx metal, aa award RT. while in Delhi, i would like to shop around for a good premium fare back to lax and save the miles. can then redeposit the return portion del- hkg after i have used the outbound and save the miles for another day?
yes, i am starting in lax on a great premium fare i found last january , therefore my journey begins in HKG technically.i know on us air , all would be lost, you cannot redeposit or change the return once you have started your outbound journey. i cannot find AA;s rules on this.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:19 pm
Suspended

There are no roundtrip awards using AA miles. You have 2 one way awards. You may cancel the second one after flying the first one, although if you are not EXP, you will have to pay $150 to get the miles redeposited to your account.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:19 pm

Sure.

Since AA awards are booked on a one-way basis, you can redeposit any wholly-unused one-way portion of your award, even if you have already flown the outbound. Fee may apply if you are not EXP.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Austinrunner
There are no roundtrip awards using AA miles. You have 2 one way awards.
I was unaware of this. I thought that both one way and round trip were available for purchase. Does it also apply if you have booked a roundtrip on one PNR?
Old Sep 18, 2012, 1:19 am
Suspended

Yes. A roundtrip award using AA miles on one PNR is actually 2 one ways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.