Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AABRN Promo: earn 30K for 5 roundtrips

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2012, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
AABRN Promo: earn 30K for 5 roundtrips

The "deals we like" blog is reporting on an upcoming promo.

To celebrate the Bourne Legacy movie (coming out in August), American Airlines is giving away bonus points with every AA roundtrip flight between September 4th and November 15th. The one caveat is that this is only good for travel booked July 18th though September 15th. Thus, previously booked reservations do not qualify.

This promotion is only valid for paid fares and unfortunately excludes a few deep-discount tickets (those booked in N, O, and Q). Flights also must be operated by American Airlines, American Eagle, or American Connection – partner flights do not qualify.

1 round-trip = 1,000 bonus miles
2 round-trips = 3,000 bonus miles, for a total of 4,000 miles
3 round-trips = 6,000 bonus miles, for a total of 10,000 miles
4 round-trips = 9,000 bonus miles, for a total of 19,000 miles
5 round-trips = 11,000 bonus miles, for a total of 30,000 miles
Assuming the info is correct, you may want to wait until next week before buying any trips that would qualify.
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/dealsw...e-bonus-miles/

-----------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR NOTE:

AA promo registration page here: http://www.aa.com/pubcontent/en_US/urls/spytraining.jsp

Terms and Conditions:
Terms and Conditions:
To qualify, members must fly on eligible purchased, published-fares (excludes fares booked in N, O and Q) on flights marketed and operated by American Airlines, American Eagle or the AmericanConnection carrier between September 4, 2012 and November 15, 2012. Registration prior to travel and before midnight, CDT, September 15, 2012 is required. Registration for the American Airlines AAdvantage Welcome To The Program Sweepstakes at AA.com/BourneLegacy before August 31, 2012 is also required to qualify for this offer. Travel must be booked between July 12, 2012 and September 15, 2012. The bonus is not retroactive to reservations booked prior to July 12, 2012. A round trip is defined as two one-way trips booked in a single reservation under one ticket number. A maximum of one round trip is permitted per reservation. Bonus miles do not count toward elite status qualification. Members will earn 1,000 bonus miles after one (1) round-trip; 3,000 bonus miles after two (2) round-trips for a total of 4,000 bonus miles; 6,000 bonus miles after three (3) round-trips for a total of 10,000 bonus miles; 9,000 bonus miles after four (4) round-trips for a total of 19,000 bonus miles; and 11,000 bonus miles after five (5) round-trips for a total of 30,000 bonus miles. A maximum of 30,000 bonus miles may be earned from this promotion in conjunction with flying five (5) eligible round-trips. Bonus miles will be posted 4-6 weeks after round-trip travel is complete. This offer is only valid to AAdvantage members in the US and Puerto Rico.
/AA Moderator Team

Last edited by JY1024; Jul 15, 2012 at 10:45 pm Reason: added mod note
Old Jul 13, 2012, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by swag
The "deals we like" blog is reporting on an upcoming promo.

Assuming the info is correct, you may want to wait until next week before buying any trips that would qualify.
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/dealsw...e-bonus-miles/
It is very difficult to get five RTs within such a short period of time and all need to be high fares. Last miniute short-hops will be your best bet.

Thank you for the post btw, OP.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 2:18 pm
Used to be Premier Monkey

Programs: AA EXP; Priority Club PLT; HHonors Gold
Registration is now working (just registered for AABRN).

This promo was somehow leaked early which is why you couldn't register this morning. AAdvantage didn't want to release the promo until next week, according to my inside source.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 2:37 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Thanks for the heads up

Just registered.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 4:08 pm

Programs: IHG About to Be Demoted, AA Demoted to Nothingness
Just signed up. Good lookin' out, OP!
Old Jul 13, 2012, 6:46 pm

Awesome! Thanks OP.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 2:44 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
seems pretty easy. Signed up this AM.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Originally Posted by Paulakers2010
It is very difficult to get five RTs within such a short period of time and all need to be high fares. Last miniute short-hops will be your best bet.

Thank you for the post btw, OP.
It is hard to fly 5 RTs within essentially 2 1/2 months?

I'm sure many people on this board would disagree.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DillMan

The problem is it requires high-fare as deep discount fares do not qualify.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 4:33 pm

Programs: AA P-Pro, Chase SP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by aa213bb
Awesome! Thanks OP.
Signed up, thanks OP. Not sure if I will get any opportunities, but you just never know!
Old Jul 16, 2012, 4:38 pm

No O, Q or N fares

not interested
Old Jul 16, 2012, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by Peter_Ng
The problem is it requires high-fare as deep discount fares do not qualify.
Yes. The only decent non-N,O,Q fare I know of is a $480-490ish fare BOS-ANC that books into S. Even flying 5 of them, with a 100% elite bonus (around 9400 BIS miles per round trip if booked for the most possible miles), it only works out to about 2.0 cents per RDM, and it is not a really great MR at 5.2 per EQM.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
All of my upcoming travel has to be either on an AONE6 or N, O, Q fare, so not interested.
Especially when booking in an eligible fare class will kill my CPM on a Fuel dump...
Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:51 am

Programs: AA,AS,UA,Hyatt,Hilton
Originally Posted by swag
Terms and Conditions:
><snip>< Registration prior to travel and before midnight, CDT, September 15, 2012 is required. Registration for the American Airlines AAdvantage Welcome To The Program Sweepstakes at AA.com/BourneLegacy before August 31, 2012 is also required to qualify for this offer.
So you have to register the promo code with your account and ALSO enter the sweepstakes to qualify?

Hmmm, never saw that before.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by Paulakers2010
It is very difficult to get five RTs within such a short period of time...
Um, huh?

Originally Posted by DillMan

+1 ^ Exactly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.