Search

No email confirmation on my booking

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2012, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA , Hilton Honors Gold, SPG Gold, LQ Elite
No email confirmation on my booking

Hi All,

Quick question, I booked a MR to PTY recently and everything seems ok, but I never recived an e-mail confirmation. When I type in the PNR it does say ticketed so am I ok correct? I've always recieved an email confirmation so was just curious if I'm good to go!

Thanks,
Old Apr 6, 2012, 4:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Does it just say

Ticketed

or include the date as well

Ticketed - xx/xx/xx

If it is the former, it probably hasn't actually been ticketed , so if been some time, I would phone AA and query what has happened
Old Apr 6, 2012, 4:58 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
AA was having some issues a couple of weeks ago. It took two calls to the EXP desk to get them to ticket a reservation I made. However, it showed Purchased until after the second call, in which I finally got the email confirmation.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 6:50 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
AA stopped sending those as postage costs are too high.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 8:08 am
Suspended

Until you've received a ticket number, don't assume you're ticketed.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 8:08 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
:splutter: (coffee on screen sound).

Can the Op go to the online record and mail a copy including ticket numbers?

Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
AA stopped sending those as postage costs are too high.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 8:42 am

Did you phone AA and ask them to send another one? I assume you verified it didn't end up in your spam mail box.

I had a similar problem with US Airways last year, and they never did get an e-mail to me. Recently, United sent a confirmation for my reservation but not my wife's (our reservations were separate because at first we had slightly different itineraries). If you find your reservation confirmed online, you should be fine. If in doubt, phone them. Having an e-mail confirmation but not being able to find the # online would worry me more.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 9:29 am
Suspended

Having a ticket number is the gold standard of being good to go. Nothing less suffices, IMO.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
If it is ticketed when you open the reservation you can print the receipt with the e-ticket number. If you can only open it as an itinerary then it is not.

The link of one or more reservation numbers that you click through to a specific one often says purchased when ticketed and at times ticketed when only purchased.

Go to the reservation itself and see if there is a receipt or not. If not, call.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ricktoronto
If it is ticketed when you open the reservation you can print the receipt with the e-ticket number. If you can only open it as an itinerary then it is not.

The link of one or more reservation numbers that you click through to a specific one often says purchased when ticketed and at times ticketed when only purchased.

Go to the reservation itself and see if there is a receipt or not. If not, call.
Exactly. The Print Itinerary button is no good. You need the Print Receipt and Itinerary button to show up.

Only when it is truly ticketed, the Print Receipt and Itinerary button would not show up. That is my gold standard to make sure the reservation is ticketed. Once this button is available, then you can click open the link and see your e-ticket number and all other pertinent information on the receipt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.