FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   No email confirmation on my booking (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1333261-no-email-confirmation-my-booking.html)

Man_Utd_Fan Apr 6, 2012 4:03 am

No email confirmation on my booking

Hi All,

Quick question, I booked a MR to PTY recently and everything seems ok, but I never recived an e-mail confirmation. When I type in the PNR it does say ticketed so am I ok correct? I've always recieved an email confirmation so was just curious if I'm good to go! :)

Thanks,

Dave Noble Apr 6, 2012 4:18 am

Does it just say

Ticketed

or include the date as well

Ticketed - xx/xx/xx

If it is the former, it probably hasn't actually been ticketed , so if been some time, I would phone AA and query what has happened

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George Apr 6, 2012 4:58 am

AA was having some issues a couple of weeks ago. It took two calls to the EXP desk to get them to ticket a reservation I made. However, it showed Purchased until after the second call, in which I finally got the email confirmation.

BostonFlyer1624 Apr 6, 2012 6:50 am

AA stopped sending those as postage costs are too high.

Austinrunner Apr 6, 2012 8:08 am

Until you've received a ticket number, don't assume you're ticketed.

JDiver Apr 6, 2012 8:08 am

:splutter: (coffee on screen sound).

Can the Op go to the online record and mail a copy including ticket numbers?

Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624 (Post 18345455)
AA stopped sending those as postage costs are too high.

SoCal Apr 6, 2012 8:42 am

Did you phone AA and ask them to send another one? I assume you verified it didn't end up in your spam mail box.

I had a similar problem with US Airways last year, and they never did get an e-mail to me. Recently, United sent a confirmation for my reservation but not my wife's (our reservations were separate because at first we had slightly different itineraries). If you find your reservation confirmed online, you should be fine. If in doubt, phone them. Having an e-mail confirmation but not being able to find the # online would worry me more.

Austinrunner Apr 6, 2012 9:29 am

Having a ticket number is the gold standard of being good to go. Nothing less suffices, IMO.

ricktoronto Apr 6, 2012 8:23 pm

If it is ticketed when you open the reservation you can print the receipt with the e-ticket number. If you can only open it as an itinerary then it is not.

The link of one or more reservation numbers that you click through to a specific one often says purchased when ticketed and at times ticketed when only purchased.

Go to the reservation itself and see if there is a receipt or not. If not, call.

Happy Apr 6, 2012 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by ricktoronto (Post 18349232)
If it is ticketed when you open the reservation you can print the receipt with the e-ticket number. If you can only open it as an itinerary then it is not.

The link of one or more reservation numbers that you click through to a specific one often says purchased when ticketed and at times ticketed when only purchased.

Go to the reservation itself and see if there is a receipt or not. If not, call.

Exactly. The Print Itinerary button is no good. You need the Print Receipt and Itinerary button to show up.

Only when it is truly ticketed, the Print Receipt and Itinerary button would not show up. That is my gold standard to make sure the reservation is ticketed. Once this button is available, then you can click open the link and see your e-ticket number and all other pertinent information on the receipt.