Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

BOSEQ: DEQM DFW-BOS / Dallas Fort Worth - Boston, Apr 3 - Jun 30, 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BOSEQ: DEQM DFW-BOS / Dallas Fort Worth - Boston, Apr 3 - Jun 30, 2012

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:14 pm

Programs: AAdvantge; AmEx Plat; SPG; Hilton HHonors
So, would this be permitted in one reservation, or because it has two DEQM qualifying promotions, would be wonky (more than one roundtrip):

AUS>DFW>BOS>DFW>SFO>DFW>AUS

That little trip would get me PLT :P.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by elechrisity
So, would this be permitted in one reservation, or because it has two DEQM qualifying promotions, would be wonky (more than one roundtrip):

AUS>DFW>BOS>DFW>SFO>DFW>AUS

That little trip would get me PLT :P.
You should be good, though I don't see how it will get you PLT? Do you already have enough EQMs, roughly just over 38000? 1562 EQMs each way (BOS-DFW) plus 1464 EQMs (DFW-SFO) is 3026. Doubled for a round trip is 6052. Doubled again for both DEQ promos is 12124. AUS-DFW RT (380 total if without status, 1000 with minimums if Gold) doesn't bump it to 50k? Are you thinking of doing a challenge? Challenges are based on EQP (elite qualifying points), not EQMs. EQPs won't be doubled. Just wanted to make sure!
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
You should be good, though I don't see how it will get you PLT? Do you already have enough EQMs, roughly just over 38000? 1562 EQMs each way (BOS-DFW) plus 1464 EQMs (DFW-SFO) is 3026. Doubled for a round trip is 6052. Doubled again for both DEQ promos is 12124. AUS-DFW RT (380 total if without status, 1000 with minimums if Gold) doesn't bump it to 50k? Are you thinking of doing a challenge? Challenges are based on EQP (elite qualifying points), not EQMs. EQPs won't be doubled. Just wanted to make sure!
Yeah, I'm doing that AUS>SFO run 5 times, plus my existing EQMs laying around, will push me to just above 51k if my math is right. I posted in the help desk to see if it would be worth it to challenge, got some advice, and it's probably better for me to keep the status through 2014 . Thanks for the verification.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by elechrisity
Yeah, I'm doing that AUS>SFO run 5 times, plus my existing EQMs laying around, will push me to just above 51k if my math is right. I posted in the help desk to see if it would be worth it to challenge, got some advice, and it's probably better for me to keep the status through 2014 . Thanks for the verification.
Yes, I would just spend the $200 for a challenge on another run. I didn't do a challenge when I started with AA, just flew my first set of flights as a nobody until I hit Gold. Three long weekends! Just wanted to make sure because we get a lot of people who get the EQPs and EQMs confused, but you know your stuff ^. As painful as it may be, book seats in the back of the plane while you have no status. I find it's more likely to get an open middle that way. And checkin right at T-24 if possible, I always got Group 2 as a no-status member that way.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Yes, I would just spend the $200 for a challenge on another run. I didn't do a challenge when I started with AA, just flew my first set of flights as a nobody until I hit Gold. Three long weekends! Just wanted to make sure because we get a lot of people who get the EQPs and EQMs confused, but you know your stuff ^. As painful as it may be, book seats in the back of the plane while you have no status. I find it's more likely to get an open middle that way. And checkin right at T-24 if possible, I always got Group 2 as a no-status member that way.
Great advice! I've been booking them way in the back, aiming for the sections that look relatively barren. Figure I'll gamble on getting a bit more room by sitting in the boondocks . I've got 5 of those long days coming up...the Tuesdays and Saturdays in May are not going to be fun.

I could go for the points run for the challenge, but I screwed up and forgot to backdate my firstclass ORD>LHR last month, which would have made it incredibly easy to meet :P. Figure now I should earn it the hard way, so this DEQM is incredibly useful.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 8:34 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, CO OnePass, UA
Originally Posted by Ambraciot
I demand extra RDMs, the DEQM promos for SFO gave extra RDMs, this is unfair!
Is that what "prize eligible miles" meant?

So let me get this clear... The EQMs will simply "appear" as invisible? Meaning the EQMs remaining till the next level up (Gold, Plat, etc) will be decreased but one won't actually be able to "see" the miles?? How exactly will they post?
Old Apr 13, 2012, 8:37 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ThunderStorm00

So let me get this clear... The EQMs will simply "appear" as invisible? Meaning the EQMs remaining till the next level up (Gold, Plat, etc) will be decreased but one won't actually be able to "see" the miles?? How exactly will they post?
The EQM so far will increase (and the remaining for a given level decrease) by the amount of the doubled EQMs.

They obviously won't "post" anywhere since EQM are not posted in any situation. If you want to keep track of what you expect to get, just track it.

Cheers.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 2:25 pm

Phantom Miles?

Originally Posted by brp
The EQM so far will increase (and the remaining for a given level decrease) by the amount of the doubled EQMs.

They obviously won't "post" anywhere since EQM are not posted in any situation. If you want to keep track of what you expect to get, just track it.

Cheers.
Well I guess what I meant was that obviously in the LAX/SFO-DFW/ORD promotion, when you flew 3600 miles, a few weeks later you saw a bonus appear of an additional 3600 miles, bringing the total to 7200 miles. I guess one won't see that additional bonus post, instead simply see the EQMs increase (at the top of the page).
Old Apr 14, 2012, 3:12 pm

Consolidated AA Promos Thread?

On a complete side note, does anybody know if there is a running Sticky / Consolidated Thread on all the current American Airlines Promotions as there is for the Discount Promos?

The reason I ask is because not all promotions stay posted on the AA website and change all the time depending on who is looking at them.
I completely missed out on the systemwide DEQAA because it wasn't posted on the AA website in my "view". In fact, I even almost missed out on the LAX/SFO-ORD/DFW Promotion but then thanks to Flyertalk I accidentally stumbled upon a page with a direct link to the AA.com page -- Unreachable by itself as there were no links to it on the website (as it is right now -- even though its going on till June 30th 2012 its not showing on the website: https://www.aa.com/AAdvantage/viewAirlineSpecials.do). In fact, I even asked AAdvantage Customer Service about it and they didn't have an answer.

This might be a good idea to have, if we don't already...

Last edited by ThunderStorm00; Apr 14, 2012 at 6:09 pm
Old Apr 16, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold
Smile AA promos

Yes, I see this promo is not on the AA site any longer.

I assume that is still valid, but they are 'hiding' the promotions to avoid too much uptake
Old Apr 17, 2012, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP HH GOLD EY GOLD
So If I book BOS-DFW-SFO-DFW-BOS I'll net 12104 EQM plus 15032 RDM counting Elite Bonus miles, is that correct calculations as BOSEQ doesn't double RDM's or I'll get BOSEQ and leave DEQ12(DFW-SFO-DFW) on the table.

Edit:Nevermind like, looks like stacking DEQ12 and BOSEQ is good :-)
Old Apr 17, 2012, 1:32 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by stevej0531
Yes, I see this promo is not on the AA site any longer.

I assume that is still valid, but they are 'hiding' the promotions to avoid too much uptake
I still see this listed along with all the current airline bonus/promos: http://www.aa.com/AAdvantage/viewAirlineSpecials.do
Old May 3, 2012, 11:20 am

Programs: AA EXPLT, SQ PPS, MARRIOTT PLT, HILTON GLD, SPG PLT
Will this qualify for BOSEQ?

Dfw -> bos -> lhr -> bos -> dfw
Old May 3, 2012, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Burney
Dfw -> bos -> lhr -> bos -> dfw
Yes.
Old May 4, 2012, 8:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Have the bonus EQMs been posting regularly, or are they sticking to the stated "6-8 weeks after qualifying activity posts to your account"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.