Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

BOSEQ: DEQM DFW-BOS / Dallas Fort Worth - Boston, Apr 3 - Jun 30, 2012

Old Apr 3, 12, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA (EXP), HH (Diamond), SPG (Platinum), HGP (Diamond), National Car (Exec Elite)

Received today:

Offer:
Reach elite status faster! Book a roundtrip ticket and fly on American Airlines between Dallas/Fort Worth and Boston between April 3, 2012 and June 30, 2012. You'll earn double elite status qualifying miles, the miles that bring you closer to qualifying or re-qualifying for AAdvantage Gold®, AAdvantage Platinum® and AAdvantage Executive Platinum® status, at an accelerated rate.

We make getting to your destination convenient with our 8 daily nonstop flights between Dallas/Fort Worth and Boston.

Terms and Conditions:
AAdvantage® offer is valid on American Airlines marketed and operated nonstop flights for round-trip travel between Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) and Boston (BOS), April 3, 2012, through June 30, 2012. Offer applies only to AAdvantage members who purchase and fly on published fare tickets. Registration prior to travel is required. For the purpose of this promotion, round-trip travel is defined as travel in the same booking class for both the departure and return flight segments. Double elite qualifying miles will be calculated at 100% of the base miles earned. This offer does not increment the member's prize eligible miles, elite qualifying points or segments. Bonus elite qualifying miles associated with this offer will be posted to the account of the traveling AAdvantage member within 6-8 weeks after qualifying activity posts to your account. Promotion does not apply to travel on mileage award tickets or fares that are ineligible for AAdvantage mileage accrual.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATORS' NOTE

Link to promo: http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetai...&_locale=en_US

4/5/12 - Our friends at AmericanAirlines have just confirmed for us that the following routing rules apply to BOSEQ ^:

•.BOS-DFW-LAX-DFW-BOS (roundtrip between BOS-LAX) - ELIGIBLE

•.BOS-DFW-LAX-DFW-MIA (open jaw with only one BOS-DFW segment) - INELIGIBLE

• LAX-DFW-BOS-DFW-SFO (open jaw with two BOS-DFW segments) - ELIGIBLE

So, to summarize, endpoints need not be BOS-DFW, but that segment must be included in both directions. Also, although not stated in the T&C, open jaw itineraries are eligible, again, as long as the BOS-DFW segment is included in both directions.

Moreover, AmericanAirlines has stated that the original Terms & Conditions were incorrect (required same booking class in both directions and did not include open jaws). In addition, reservations must be booked on/after April 3, 2012. The online Terms & Conditions have now been updated (bold lines below):

Terms and Conditions:
AAdvantage® offer is valid on American Airlines marketed and operated nonstop flights for round-trip travel between Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) and Boston (BOS), April 3, 2012, through June 30, 2012. Offer applies only to AAdvantage members who purchase and fly on published fare tickets. Registration prior to travel is required. A round trip is defined as two one-way trips booked in a single reservation under one ticket number. Reservations containing open jaws are eligible. Reservation must be booked on or after April 3, 2012, to be eligible. A maximum of one round trip is permitted per reservation. Double elite qualifying miles will be calculated at 100% of the base miles earned. This offer does not increment the member's prize eligible miles, elite qualifying points or segments. Bonus elite qualifying miles associated with this offer will be posted to the account of the traveling AAdvantage member within 6-8 weeks after qualifying activity posts to your account. Promotion does not apply to travel on mileage award tickets or fares that are ineligible for AAdvantage mileage accrual.

dstan and JY1024
AA Forum Co-Moderators

Last edited by dstan; Apr 5, 12 at 3:31 pm Reason: added updated T&C
Old Apr 3, 12, 4:34 pm

You beat me to it. Just got the email as well. Finally some love for Boston. I probably won't need the bonus EQMs but good for those that need the extra push.
Old Apr 3, 12, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Of course I booked my SFO trips all through ORD on the return. But I don't really need the miles anyway. I do have one RT though in May, I might have 150k EQMs by the end of the year at this rate. If only that meant something!
Old Apr 3, 12, 4:53 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
Wait, what does this have to do with Bose?

Oh, never mind

Cheers.
Old Apr 3, 12, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by brp View Post
Wait, what does this have to do with Bose?

Oh, never mind

Cheers.
LMAO...when I first clicked on it I thought "BOSE promotion" too

--wes
Old Apr 3, 12, 5:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I demand extra RDMs, the DEQM promos for SFO gave extra RDMs, this is unfair!
Old Apr 3, 12, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, DL Gold, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, HHonors Gold, RC Rewards Gold, VIPorter
Originally Posted by Ambraciot View Post
I demand extra RDMs, the DEQM promos for SFO gave extra RDMs, this is unfair!
...and they didn't restrict it to MA/NH/RI and TX residents
Old Apr 3, 12, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by AAerSTL View Post
...and they didn't restrict it to MA/NH/RI and TX residents
Don't worry - the rest of us maxed out on EQMs months ago.
Old Apr 3, 12, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Is this in response to a competitor starting a new route? If so, who?
Old Apr 3, 12, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by tom911 View Post
B6 starts BOS-DFW on 5/1.
Old Apr 3, 12, 10:20 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tom911 View Post
Originally Posted by kasei View Post
B6 starts BOS-DFW on 5/1.
TheBOSman actually joked about a DEQM promo back on December 7! ^

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...g-bos-dfw.html
Old Apr 3, 12, 11:27 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Excellent! I'm flying DFW-BOS tomorrow and coming back next week.
Old Apr 4, 12, 12:13 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist
Anyone understand why roundtrip is defined as "travel in the same booking class for both the departure and return flight segments"?
Old Apr 4, 12, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by JY1024 View Post
TheBOSman actually joked about a DEQM promo back on December 7! ^

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...g-bos-dfw.html
Hahaha I have no inside knowledge either! Just seems to be AA's standard reaction to lower cost carriers starting in on a major route. FWIW Spirit also started flying it recently. Went from one carrier (AA) to three (AA, NK, B6) in short order.
Old Apr 4, 12, 6:27 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, UA Silver, Marr LTTitanium, HH Gold, Hyatt Disc
Rats, just started a Bos - DFW roundtrip yesterday on US Air that would have qualified. Worked out better flying through CLT as I was only 20 minutes late landing at DFW last night; sounds like AA was a mess.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: