Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

New Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® Visa Signature® Card Benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2012, 9:49 am

I am flying in June and made a reservation on March 20th using paper vouchers. On April 2nd, my flights were changed due to schedule change. Same record number. I mailed the vouchers and the tickets were issued on April 10.

So actual booking was before April 2nd but ticketing was after that. Any way to figure out if I will be allowed free first bag?
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by AlexTheMan
I am flying in June and made a reservation on March 20th using paper vouchers. On April 2nd, my flights were changed due to schedule change. Same record number. I mailed the vouchers and the tickets were issued on April 10.

So actual booking was before April 2nd but ticketing was after that. Any way to figure out if I will be allowed free first bag?
You should qualify for the first bag free. If I understood it correctly, the Apr 2 date was only the date for reward travel bookings to be eligible for the 10% rebate of miles.

--wes
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by nall
Has everyone else got a mailer? I have received two Citi cards and got nothing

I have 6 cards across the wife and I and have not received any mailings from Citi at all on this offer.

--wes
Old Apr 12, 2012, 2:20 pm

Programs: AAdvantage---LTGold, DL Skymiles
multiple cards

My husband and I had 5 cards. I canceled one 2 weeks ago. Received one of these letters last week and 3 today, one of which was for the canceled card.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 4:31 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite

First checked bag free

For benefit to apply, at the time of booking, Citi® / AAdvantage® account must have been open at least 7 days and reservation must include the primary cardmember's American Airlines AAdvantage® number. This benefit is valid for travel booked and ticketed on or after April 2, 2012. If your credit card account is closed for any reason, this benefit will be cancelled. Eligible Citi® / AAdvantage® cardmembers may check one bag free of charge when traveling on American Airlines, American Eagle or the AmericanConnection® carrier to select domestic destinations. Up to four customers traveling with the eligible primary credit cardmember will also get their first checked bag free of charge if they are listed in the same reservation. Waiver does not apply to overweight or oversized bags. This benefit cannot be combined with any existing AAdvantage® elite program benefits, including any waiver of baggage charges. Please see AA.com for baggage weight and size restrictions. Additional terms, conditions and restrictions may apply. Applicable terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.

Could AmericanAirlines please provide us with which domestic destinations are included on (or excluded from) the list of "select domestic destinations"?
Old Apr 13, 2012, 7:48 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
10% miles back for paying Admiral's Club with miles

Originally Posted by nall
I asked earlier here and the American Airlines rep said you do not have to pay taxes/fees with your Citi card to get the 10% back.
Nall: you are right and thanks for posting! I called Advantage Customer Service and the Admiral's Club today. They did not have an answer.

I called the number on the back of my Citi Bank Visa Signature card. I pointed out that the link in post #1 of this thread takes us to an AA page that says that Admiral's Club is a place to redeem miles for the 10% back. The rep put me on hold while he talked to a supervisor. He returned to me saying that I can definitely expect 10% of the miles back in 6-8 weeks.

This was good news and I renewed my Admiral's Club membership today with miles.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by paradocs
Nall: you are right and thanks for posting! I called Advantage Customer Service and the Admiral's Club today. They did not have an answer.

I called the number on the back of my Citi Bank Visa Signature card. I pointed out that the link in post #1 of this thread takes us to an AA page that says that Admiral's Club is a place to redeem miles for the 10% back. The rep put me on hold while he talked to a supervisor. He returned to me saying that I can definitely expect 10% of the miles back in 6-8 weeks.

Hope you had them notate your account with this valuable info. With Citi, every single call/communication is a great big YMMV.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 7:43 am

Two questions:
1. I've had a Citibank Gold AAdvantage card for 15 years, oldest card so I don't want to cancel. From what I'm reading here, this card will not get the new benefits (free first bag, 10% return on award bookings, $100 stmt credit, etc.) Is that correct? If so, I'm thinking of applying for the new card.

2. I have seen multiple links to apply for the new Citi Platinum Select. The link on the Citi website shows a 30,000 mile bonus. Also found a link on a blogpost that shows a 50,000 mile bonus. If I apply through the 50,000 mile link, will I actually get 50,000 miles or will I get the 30,000?

Thanks!
Old Apr 14, 2012, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Originally Posted by CarolynAnn
Two questions:
1. I've had a Citibank Gold AAdvantage card for 15 years, oldest card so I don't want to cancel. From what I'm reading here, this card will not get the new benefits (free first bag, 10% return on award bookings, $100 stmt credit, etc.) Is that correct? If so, I'm thinking of applying for the new card.

Telephone Citibank. Your old card is likely fine, but get proof. I got a letter confirming mine is OK.

Old Apr 15, 2012, 6:46 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
I called the number on the back of my Citi Bank Visa Signature card. I pointed out that the link in post #1 of this thread
You called Citi and pointed them to a link in post #1 that is for an officially expired offer that still works? I know Citi can and might be monitoring these forums, and that at least some parts of Citi must know about the expired offers that are still valid (especially since older ones have been deactivated), but why would you unnecessarily draw extra attention to what has been a terrific bonus for us?
Old Apr 16, 2012, 7:31 am

Programs: A few

Er, you are an Original Member, and you called Citi to advise them of an internet bulletin board posting linking an expired offer? Are you serious??
Old Apr 17, 2012, 10:36 am

Programs: AA ExPLT, Bonvoy Titanium, Amex PLT, Hertz GLD, National EX
2 our of 4 in our house

I have 2 Citi AA cards (MC & Amex) and SO has 2 (Amex & Visa). We both received letters (me for the MC, SO for the Visa) on Friday informing us of the change to the card benefits, as well as the increased annual fee from $85 to $95. We both have status on AA, so the first bag free and priority boarding don't affect us. We'll have to remember to use our cards if we buy a drink onboard to get the 25% savings.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Just got the offer via email. I have a Citi AA card. Read through much though not all of the posts here. Am I correct in assuming that if I redeemed miles before April 2 (that is, in March) I will NOT get the 10 percent mileage back?

Thanks for any help.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 6:15 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Happy
As a lowly GLD I can see that means we better queue up early else we may be behind a few doz folks eligible for the "Priority Boarding".
Certainly makes my gold status less significant and for the people that bought their way to gold last year, this has to be a big bummer. By churning or having the fee waived by threatening to cancel next year, now you can have "almost" gold benefits without any cost.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA, DL, WN, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott, Hyatt
What are the significant differences between this card and the other ongoing Citi AA card with the 50,000 mile offer? Priority boarding? Just trying to determine which is the better Citi offer.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.