Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight goes to airport control the day before the flight

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AA-Flyer-SAN
Most likely a FAM
I should have stated I was in first row behind door 2L My guess is that a FAM would be in F or first row of J before door 2L. Annoyed either way though.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
"FAM would be in F or first row of J before door 2L"

FAMs are supposed to sit closest to where the threat is. Upfront is likely not where the origin of the threat is located. FAMs pick there seat based on the threat. Why FAMs often sit up front is a mystery to me.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 9:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
They only fly on flights with specific threats?
Old Mar 7, 2015, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
Walk up to the guy in your seat, ask him about his work as a federal air marshal.

Ive always planned to do that if I get bumped.
That last time my seat was stolen it was not someone who appeared to be a FAM, unless that is a job for people to take instead of Walmart greeter when they reach 75 or so.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by GunsOfNavarone
"FAM would be in F or first row of J before door 2L"

FAMs are supposed to sit closest to where the threat is. Upfront is likely not where the origin of the threat is located. FAMs pick there seat based on the threat. Why FAMs often sit up front is a mystery to me.
I think the front-sitting idea is a pre-9/11 mentality.
That would be a good place to sit if concerned about a cockpit breech.
IMHO, that is not the most likely terrorist event post 9/11 due to the increase in cockpit protection.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 6:44 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
This happened to me recently when my 737 changed to one that starts at row 8 and booted my out of row 7. I called EXP desk well before 4 hours before departure (when flights usually go to airport control) and they said it was already under airport control and they tried getting into the airport system to change my seat but no luck. Had to wait until the airport to try and get something better. UGH
Old Mar 7, 2015, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gooseman13
They only fly on flights with specific threats?
No.

They only fly on flights that leads them to dates or to cities they like: http://www.revealnews.org/article/di...sexual-trysts/
Old Apr 29, 2015, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP
TPAC goes to Airport Control 1 day, 19 hours before departure!

AA 137 (DFW-HKG) has gone to "airport control" of seat assignments (in economy) for a flight departing Thursday.

Called the AAngels - the source of the above info.

Puzzling, can't check in as it's almost 2 days away, but can't change seats.

(trying to change from MCE window to aisle - the seat map shows two aisle seats open in the MCE mini-cabin...

Tried using aa.com before and after calling AAngel - the seat assignment seemed to "take" then you see:

Your reservation is confirmed, but you will need to obtain your seat assignment from a gate agent at the airport. Please check in at a Self-Service Check-In machine at the airport and obtain your seat assignment at the gate.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 7:08 am

Programs: AA PLT 3MM
Originally Posted by GunsOfNavarone
Let me think. What possible reason could they have for wanting to sit in the front ...

Originally Posted by mvoight
I think the front-sitting idea is a pre-9/11 mentality.
That would be a good place to sit if concerned about a cockpit breech.
IMHO, that is not the most likely terrorist event post 9/11 due to the increase in cockpit protection.
One would think the safest place to protect the cockpit would be in it - as in take the jump seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.