Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA policy on Y using J restroom domestic?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2012, 1:15 am

Programs: AA, WN, Hyatt, Club Carlson, HHonors, MRewards, CET, M Life
Originally Posted by nomaadic
how often is it really such an emergency that you couldn't walk a few more rows to reach the lav in your own class of service? i could see it if you had the squirts, AND there was severe turbulence, and you just had to get there to avoid soiling yourself. in that case, you gotta do what you gotta do. but if you have squirty issues like that, why would you even board a plane in the first place.

curtain crossers are just vile.

i use the lav in my ticketed cabin.
Dramatic much? What's really vile is making such a big fuss of lav usage and speculating on why people have needs.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 3:15 am

Programs: AA Plat; HH Diamond; IHG Plat; SPG Plat;Hertz Pres Circle; Jelly of the Month Club - Marmalade Level
Originally Posted by VeniceDre
Last week MSY - ORD 738 plane 15 minutes into flight really overweight (I mean really) coach passenger came up to the First Class Bathroom and promptly messed it up. He was the only one to use it and when I opened the door there was something on the floor. Yikes.
And the "overweight" descriptor was needed....why, exactly? So we should be on the lookout for him? Had he not been "overweight," would you have used another descriptor, perhaps "blue-eyed" or "big nosed" or "red headed?"
Old Feb 10, 2012, 9:02 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by tdfxman
Wow interesting. We are going DFW-HNL Wednesday and my wife and son are up front. So we can't use the lav up there to visit with them? I will have them come back to us in steerage.
Well, special circumstance of course. Obviously, just alert the Purser of your situation and your desire to come up and visit with your wife and son sometime during the 8 hour plus flight. With that said -- the FC cabin crew probably will want you to stay in your ticketed Y cabin most of the time. (Especially during the first class HFS, which takes quite awhile. They want the aisles clear, etc.) And yes, use the Y lavs not the FC lavs.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 9:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by VeniceDre
Last week MSY - ORD 738 plane 15 minutes into flight really overweight (I mean really) coach passenger came up to the First Class Bathroom and promptly messed it up. He was the only one to use it and when I opened the door there was something on the floor. Yikes.

Flight attendants were a little peeved to half to clean up after him. I think they should keep First/Coach seperate if they can.
Because no F/J pax would ever do such a thing....
Old Feb 10, 2012, 9:10 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by mreed911
And this would somehow be more acceptable had said passenger been seated in F?
no, such overweight person would be forbidden sitting in F to preserve the high quality of F cabin.

and it's totally acceptable the said person mess up coach lav. he can mess up both of them.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 9:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, Global Entry
Originally Posted by PokerHammy
Dramatic much? What's really vile is making such a big fuss of lav usage and speculating on why people have needs.
i don't appreciate your ad hominem attack. i was clearly generalizing.

my point is, the vast majority of Y pax using the premium cabin lavs are not having emergencies, and have no legitimate reason to cross the curtain.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 9:18 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 4mm / Free Agent / GE / Secret Handshake
You people get so worked up over lav usage....... unreal.... who cares? what's the big deal? Do you want FEBO for the toilet too???

--J
Old Feb 10, 2012, 9:25 am

It seems to be dependent on the FA's. I've been told to go to F on occasion when seated in the first few rows of Y. The more annoying thing is when instead of the "Congo" line in F, someone stands in the galley while waiting for the lav and converses with the FA when they're in the middle of trying to put drink/food service together.

--wes
Old Feb 10, 2012, 9:48 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by jcf27
You people get so worked up over lav usage....... unreal.... who cares? what's the big deal? Do you want FEBO for the toilet too???

--J
+1. I have totally no problem coach pax using front lav when I sit in F. can't imagine people are making big fuss that F is so prestige that no one in coach should even put a toe in it...
Old Feb 10, 2012, 9:50 am

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
my point is, the vast majority of Y pax using the premium cabin lavs are not having emergencies, and have no legitimate reason to cross the curtain.
Well, if AA has no policy against Y pax using the F lav, then wanting to use the F lav is a perfectly legitimate reason to cross the curtain.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 10:16 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
The problem is that FAs are trying to do a meal service with carrying trays to seats. Now during the service for the most part F paxs are going to remain seated. But suddenly if FAs need to dodge Y paxs coming up to use the lav it becomes a problem. Generally, I have seen the F FA(s) not allow Y paxs to use the F lav while they are trying to complete the beverage and meal service.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 10:47 am

Programs: LH HON, EK Plat, QR Plat, TK EP
OS (on 767s & 777s) has implemented big ... signs on the lavatories at the rear end of the C class, stating "Business class use ONLY." You wouldn't believe the FAs' pace when they spot Y pax (emergencies excluded) trying to get comfy in the C lavatory. And that's the way it is supposed to be .
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:53 am

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Well, sometimes there can be emergencies, so I don't feel F pax should have an inalienable right to cut in front of the Y pax waiting for the F lav. .
if I'm sitting in F, there is no line to cut in my cabin. When the lav becomes available, I stand up. The people standing back behind the curtain are welcome to use the lav when it's free.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:00 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
in that case, you gotta do what you gotta do. but if you have squirty issues like that, why would you even board a plane in the first place.
In my case, it was a choice between returning from China on my scheduled flight with such... ahem, digestive issues, or overstaying my visa and facing a world of legal hurt. But I'll concede this isn't a terribly common dilemma. It is a terrible one, though.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat; HH Diamond; IHG Plat; SPG Plat;Hertz Pres Circle; Jelly of the Month Club - Marmalade Level
Originally Posted by mingw
+1. I have totally no problem coach pax using front lav when I sit in F. can't imagine people are making big fuss that F is so prestige that no one in coach should even put a toe in it...
Aha! I have the solution! Make it just like boarding - by cabin AND by status! Everybody wear their AAdvantage cards on a lanyard. Then let EXP and Plats seated in Y use the F lav. (Golds can use it too, but only if they are going #1)

(who do I see to get 50,000 miles credit for coming up with that?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.