Wiki Posts
Search

This is why I read Flyertalk!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2012, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
This is why I read Flyertalk!

Last week, I booked a multicity itinerary through Europe on BA. I tried to book online, but with the BA website, it would never let me select an evening flight on one leg. So.... I booked over the phone. Agent asks me for my BA Executive Club number. I replied that I wanted to use an AAdvantage number instead. (I have status on AA, but not on BA, and wanted seat selection, etc.). The response was that that would be fine, but it is easier for him to book the ticket initially with the BA number, since all of the information- name, address, etc. are prefilled. So I give the BA number. At the end of the call, I make sure that he records my AA number. I wait a few hours and check the reservation, once it has been ticketed. No AA number, just BA. Wait another day. Still no go. Call the res line again, ask that it be changed. No problem, I was told. I go back, still no AA number. Call again the next day, same thing.

Then, I remember the trick that I read here about booking Iberia seats- the Finnair reservation site. I call up the reservation, and delete the BA number myself. Two hours later, voila! I can now select seats.

Whoever posted that little bit of info in one of the many threads that I have read, I am quite thankful right now! ^
Old Feb 4, 2012, 8:32 pm

That's insanity.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 10:27 pm

Location: New York, NY, AA 4MM PLT, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, CC Gold
Thanks!

I had forgotten about the AY trick. Just chose seats for my upcoming MFU'd BA flight with my AA PLT status and then changed it back to my BA #.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 4:08 am

Programs: HH diamond(yr 16, >922 nights ), AA Gld for life (1MM),M&M FTL , Sixt platinum; IATA DTTF
^^ , got to love FT !!
Old Feb 5, 2012, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Thanks from me as well!

Just passed my 10th year anniversary on FT. Thanks for all the advice, miles, points, benefits and wisdom.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by oldpenny16
Just passed my 10th year anniversary on FT. Thanks for all the advice, miles, points, benefits and wisdom.
This is the most helpful site on the Internet for travelers, bar none. I love you all.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 6:53 pm
Suspended

Thanks

Originally Posted by handspring088
Last week, I booked a multicity itinerary through Europe on BA. I tried to book online, but with the BA website, it would never let me select an evening flight on one leg. So.... I booked over the phone. Agent asks me for my BA Executive Club number. I replied that I wanted to use an AAdvantage number instead. (I have status on AA, but not on BA, and wanted seat selection, etc.). The response was that that would be fine, but it is easier for him to book the ticket initially with the BA number, since all of the information- name, address, etc. are prefilled. So I give the BA number. At the end of the call, I make sure that he records my AA number. I wait a few hours and check the reservation, once it has been ticketed. No AA number, just BA. Wait another day. Still no go. Call the res line again, ask that it be changed. No problem, I was told. I go back, still no AA number. Call again the next day, same thing.

Then, I remember the trick that I read here about booking Iberia seats- the Finnair reservation site. I call up the reservation, and delete the BA number myself. Two hours later, voila! I can now select seats.

Whoever posted that little bit of info in one of the many threads that I have read, I am quite thankful right now! ^
Thanks. FT is for me because it is helpful and sooooo funny occasionallh.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO 1.5 MM, Hilton Diamond
FT is the most useful travel site I have found.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.