Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2012 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2012, 6:47 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Both flights from yesterday, 12/20 (though the 2nd was courtesy of the blizzard in the mid-west)

AA 3772 ABQ-ORD
Scheduled departure @ 8:15 am
Actual 9:08 am

Standard continental breakfast tray w/cereal, fruit cup, & waffle. Interestingly, served w/ramekin of mixed nuts to start-don't think I've seen that on a breakfast flight before!

AA 1852 ORD-BOS
Departed right on time @ 1:45 pm
Snack flight-choice of fruit & cheese plate or chicken wrap plus warm nuts to start & double chocolate cookie to finish. Had not had the wrap before & was pleasantly surprised, though some chips would have been nice w/it. Great crew, as well.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 1:27 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
Hot meal in F RIC-DFW 7am?

Does the morning RIC-DFW have a hot meal option, or is it the stay-fresh continental option boarded at DFW the day prior on the inbound? Thanks!
Old Dec 23, 2012, 3:15 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Originally Posted by 1K-SFO
Does the morning RIC-DFW have a hot meal option, or is it the stay-fresh continental option boarded at DFW the day prior on the inbound? Thanks!
Did you check aa.com? It says "continental breakfast" -- meaning no hot meal on this flight.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 6:41 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Thread merged with our 2012 AA Domestic Meals thread. Thanks. /Moderator
Old Dec 23, 2012, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA Exp; 1 MM
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Yes I am certain, one flight was out of ORD to PHX and the other was PHX-ORD. I thought it was odd, but never really had an issue, and no one else that I could hear had an issue with it, but I do think they had more Enchalida's loaded then Pasta. Anyhow, what is wrong with two Vegetarian entree when they are better then most meat entrees.

Now I would Love to see the cheeseburger come back...
Indeed, what's wrong with 2 vegetarian entrees?

As a vegetarian, I have suffered numerous AA flights with 2 meat entrees. This by itself makes me want to ditch AA sometimes.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by sts603
99% sure the answer is that there are not adequate catering facilities in SMF. The same issue is true in stations like FAT and EGE. EGE-JFK, at nearly 1800 miles, gets a continental breakfast on a route that commands lots of paid F traffic (both O&D and connecting to Europe). It has nothing to do with cheapness - just whats available in smaller stations.
Uh, please. Why the need to make excuses for AA? You work for them?

Other airlines can get hot meals in SMF- From 1995-2006 they served hot breakfast in F.

It is simply that AA doesnt want to pay the price to obtain hot food at 6AM and 8AM.

Finally, LSG skychefs location #1302 is located at SMF. Full, on site, catering kitchen- you'll see that AA is not a customer, nothing to do with the facilities.

(And sorry for the late (out of context) reply- dont get email notices for replies)
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA GLD, AC, HH Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by apodo77
If the book before you fly option has two entrees are those the only two entrees that will be available in F on the flight?

The choices are Butter Chicken (Indian dish I think) and Salmon.

Just curious. Either will work.
I had this SJC-DFW in late October and it was really good. And a good sized portion, too.

Cheers,
Cameron

Edit: Plus, we all know what happens when you have fish on a plane.

Old Dec 25, 2012, 7:43 am

Programs: United Platinum
12/24 - JAX-DFW - 240PM Departure (Listed as Snack/Brunch)
Choice of Hummus Plate with Pita, Veggies, and Grapes or Buffalo Chicken Salad

12/24 - DFW -SJC - 530PM Departure
Choice of Chicken (with rice and veggies) or Pasta - Both came with bread, Caesar salad, shrimp cocktail

Finished off with choice of fresh fruit or cookies and cream ice cream
Old Dec 25, 2012, 7:44 am

Programs: United Platinum
Originally Posted by CO777ER
DFW-LAS last weekend at dinner time was:

Grilled Chicken, Rice and Oversized Lima Beans
Caesar Salad
Cheese Cake

and both minis of Glenlivet
I had these overside lima's last night...couldn't figure out what they were and it was killing me...thanks!
Old Dec 27, 2012, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
AA 3678
DEN-LAX
7:30p-9:00p
December 26, 2012
CR7
PDB open bar ^
Dinner

Choice of cold spinach stuffed chicken with pasta salad or steak salad with blue cheese and raspberry vinaigrette dressing. Chicken was near tasteless. Salad better but, even then, only marginally better than a DL cold dinner.

Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
Uh, please. Why the need to make excuses for AA? You work for them?

Other airlines can get hot meals in SMF- From 1995-2006 they served hot breakfast in F.

It is simply that AA doesnt want to pay the price to obtain hot food at 6AM and 8AM.

Finally, LSG skychefs location #1302 is located at SMF. Full, on site, catering kitchen- you'll see that AA is not a customer, nothing to do with the facilities.

(And sorry for the late (out of context) reply- dont get email notices for replies)
These are the sort of things that one hopes will change after the bankruptcy proceedings are completed. SMF certainly has catering facilities available, while EGE may not. However, AA used to work with local businesses to develop adequate meals out of smaller cities such as EGE. Strict cost controls and the availability of shelf-stable meals cut those agreements out.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by serfty
Fish Taco (better than it looks/reads). Rice was light, moist and fluffy, fish was not really overcooked like many of these types of dishes can be.[/img]
I had my hopes up for the fish "tacos" (actually taco, singular). Finally had this menu on AA1811 ORD-SFO last week. Turns out I'm not a fan.

The edge of the soft tortilla was so hard that I could barely cut through it. The rice didn't look anything like your picture. It was a solid mass that I had to chop apart with my fork. If you choose this dish, bring your own hot sauce. The salsa was not spicy. On top of that, I don't think the fish was real Tilapia.

As tired as I am of the buffalo chicken salad, that will be my choice next time.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:35 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Flight #432 (SFO-DFW; 767-300)
Lunch

This was a treat for me, because I was offered $135 at the kiosk to upgrade. I bit, despite the short flight, and it being a lunch flight, because I wanted to experience a true internationally-configured widebody in Business (First for this specific flight).

The meal was a disappointment, though. We were given a choice between chicken curry and salmon salad. The FA's did warmed nuts first, followed by hot towel service, the meal itself (I chose chicken curry), then handed out cookies. I think mine was cranberry, but I wasn't sure. It was pretty good, but kind of disappointing.

Flight #1188 (DFW-DCA; MD-80)
Dinner

This was an amazing flight for me. The FA kept my drinks flowing my way, and I got to experience Glenvit for the first time (too strong for my taste, btw). We were given a choice between chicken (didn't specify chicken what) and tortelleni. I opted for the tortelleni. A hot towel service was what we began with, followed by warmed nuts, the meal service itself (sides of caesar salad and a cheesecake of some kind, couldn't figure it out, but it was really good...I usually dislike cheesecake!), then followed by drinks throughout. One thing that I was disappointed about was that cookies weren't handed out this time. Is that standard on short midcon flights that has dinner/dessert on a tray all at once (I believe called Basic), or did the flight attendant pull a Cookie Monster on us?

Overall, the SFO-DFW segment was comfortable, but service was a bit disappointing, while the DFW-DCA segment was incredible when it came to meal service/drinks.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:54 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Lunch

This was a treat for me, because I was offered $135 at the kiosk to upgrade. I bit, despite the short flight, and it being a lunch flight, because I wanted to experience a true internationally-configured widebody in Business (First for this specific flight).

The meal was a disappointment, though. We were given a choice between chicken curry and salmon salad. The FA's did warmed nuts first, followed by hot towel service, the meal itself (I chose chicken curry), then handed out cookies. I think mine was cranberry, but I wasn't sure. It was pretty good, but kind of disappointing.

Dinner

This was an amazing flight for me. The FA kept my drinks flowing my way, and I got to experience Glenvit for the first time (too strong for my taste, btw). We were given a choice between chicken (didn't specify chicken what) and tortelleni. I opted for the tortelleni. A hot towel service was what we began with, followed by warmed nuts, the meal service itself (sides of caesar salad and a cheesecake of some kind, couldn't figure it out, but it was really good...I usually dislike cheesecake!), then followed by drinks throughout. One thing that I was disappointed about was that cookies weren't handed out this time. Is that standard on short midcon flights that has dinner/dessert on a tray all at once (I believe called Basic), or did the flight attendant pull a Cookie Monster on us?

Overall, the SFO-DFW segment was comfortable, but service was a bit disappointing, while the DFW-DCA segment was incredible when it came to meal service/drinks.
FYI: For most flights, when a desert is provided then a baked on-board cookie will not be provided. Exceptions include transcons, and international flights.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 1:17 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Lunch

Dinner

Wow an LFBU from the elite heavy Bay Area...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.