Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2012 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2012, 9:54 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
FEBO questions and replies have been moved to the appropriate thread. /Moderator
Old Jun 18, 2012, 2:23 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
What can I expect on 4661
Operated by American Eagle
New York (LGA)
July 18, 2012 04:10.PM
Travel Time : 2 h 35 m
Atlanta (ATL)
"snack"
And
AA1473

Atlanta (ATL)
Travel Time : 2 h 20 m
7:20 p,
Dallas/ Fort Worth (DFW)
"snack"
in F? Thanks!
Old Jun 18, 2012, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Uaflyer710
New York (LGA)
Atlanta (ATL)
"snack"
And
AA1473

Atlanta (ATL)
Dallas/ Fort Worth (DFW)
"snack"
in F? Thanks!
Probably this: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18744493-post481.html or something like it. Outside of breakfast hours, the "snack" is basically the same as lunch. Choice of a salad or a hot sandwich/Mexican thing. The latter will come with a small side salad. Plus warm nuts, fresh baked cookie, hummus and pita chips.

Edit: Oops. Just noticed it was an AE flight. Probably won't get the hot items, but others will probably know better. I have never had a meal flight on AE.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 2:49 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Uaflyer710
New York (LGA)
Atlanta (ATL)
"snack"
And
AA1473

Atlanta (ATL)
Dallas/ Fort Worth (DFW)
"snack"
in F? Thanks!
I just posted a meal for American Eagle flight DEN-LAX so that would be similar.
ATL-DFW should be one hot/one cold main
and if you have caught the idea the last 2 months, 1 item is literally guaranteed to be Chicken
Old Jun 24, 2012, 2:48 pm

AA 333
LGA-ORD
S80 w/ Wifi
2:25PM-3:40PM (sked)
2:32PM-3:22PM (actual)
June 23, 2012
Snack
PDB: OJ or Water
Napkin: "Chuck Norris Toilet Paper" style

Great cabin crew. Choice of the new chicken quesadilla or salmon salad. Went with the quesadilla for a taste test. As expected, it's the same type of meat used in the various salads and infamous "panini." The pic below is dedicated to Short Hair Francis for his contribution to feats of gastronomic endurance in the face of AA poultry.

Looks mostly like the old beef quesadilla

But filled with chicken

AA 1017
ORD-SJC
Classic 738 w/ wifi
7:10PM-9:14PM
9:13PM-11:18PM
June 23, 2012
Main Cabin BOB/EXP Consolation Prize
PDB: OJ or Water
Napkin: Paper

What a mess. Plane suffered a case of "ramp rash" on a cargo door. This resulted in a two hour delay to determine whether the plane was airworthy followed by FAA paperwork. Missed the upgrade and got a non-reclining exit row seat. I did have two absolutely gorgeous ladies as rowmates whom I chatted with the entire flight. Made the experience much more tolerable. Our animated conversation on 50 Shades of Grey will not be discussed here.

Very proactive FAs did a round of PDBs for the entire coach cabin (and two water/OJ runs inflight on top of the drink service). I was approached before general drink service and offered a sandwich from the BOB cart. In the interests of keeping FTers informed, I went with the Marcus Samsuelsson Chicken and Pineapple Wrap with Cilantro and Boulder Canyon Chips. My last experience was less than positive.

Looks like a typical wrap found at a team building seminar. AA describes it as:
A flour tortilla wrap spread with a spicy cream cheese flavored with pineapple, Thai sweet chili sauce, cilantro and lime then filled with strips of chicken breast and crunchy iceberg lettuce.

Sounds flavorful and chock full of exotic Asian/Pacific goodness... pineapple, Thai sweet chili sauce, lime salt, and Sriracha sauce.

And what I actually got.... a huge letdown.

Nothing close to what was described. Not a scrap of pineapple, zero red onion, not a drop of Thai sweet chili sauce, MIA cilantro, and no Sriracha sauce. Just a soggy flour wrap, dry chicken without flavor, cream cheese, and wilted lettuce. The chips were okay. Priced at $10, I'd say it's $9 beyond what the meal is worth.

Last edited by WChou; Jun 24, 2012 at 2:55 pm
Old Jun 24, 2012, 2:52 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by WChou
Napkin: "Chuck Norris Toilet Paper" style

Is that the kind that kicks your *** in lieu of wiping it?
Old Jun 24, 2012, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Science Goy

Is that the kind that kicks your *** in lieu of wiping it?
Rough, tough, and doesn't pickup crap from anyone. Your description is accurate too.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
AA 1356 ABQ-DFW
Scheduled for 7:30, left @ 8:45 due to maintenance caused by a typo in the latest FAA manual (at least that's the story we got).

PDB initially consisted of just water, but as the delay went on, the purser instructed all the FA's to do a whole drink service, which was very nice.

Once we were in the air, those of us up front rec'd an individually wrapped breakfast cookie.

One breakfast cookie. Not even the premium snack mix, just a single cookie.

When this happen??
Old Jun 24, 2012, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by txrus
AA 1356 ABQ-DFW
Scheduled for 7:30, left @ 8:45 due to maintenance caused by a typo in the latest FAA manual (at least that's the story we got).

PDB initially consisted of just water, but as the delay went on, the purser instructed all the FA's to do a whole drink service, which was very nice.

Once we were in the air, those of us up front rec'd an individually wrapped breakfast cookie.

One breakfast cookie. Not even the premium snack mix, just a single cookie.

When this happen??
That's what AA serves on the short morning flights. You don't get the bag of snack mix until after 10:00 am or so. It would be pretty awful earlier than that.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 10:23 pm

Missed the upgrade and got a non-reclining exit row seat. I did have two absolutely gorgeous ladies as rowmates whom I chatted with the entire flight.
I would take that deal 10 times out of ten.

(if the future Mrs. will2288 is reading this, I'm ony kidding )
Old Jun 25, 2012, 1:44 am

Programs: Various

Looks like a typical wrap found at a team building seminar. AA describes it as:
A flour tortilla wrap spread with a spicy cream cheese flavored with pineapple, Thai sweet chili sauce, cilantro and lime then filled with strips of chicken breast and crunchy iceberg lettuce.
[IMG]

Sounds flavorful and chock full of exotic Asian/Pacific goodness... pineapple, Thai sweet chili sauce, lime salt, and Sriracha sauce.
[IMG]

And what I actually got.... a huge letdown.
[IMG]

Nothing close to what was described. Not a scrap of pineapple, zero red onion, not a drop of Thai sweet chili sauce, MIA cilantro, and no Sriracha sauce. Just a soggy flour wrap, dry chicken without flavor, cream cheese, and wilted lettuce. The chips were okay. Priced at $10, I'd say it's $9 beyond what the meal is worth.
The last several flights I have taken and received these "Premium Sandwiches" I have had the same disappointments. Wrapper and menu give one description of something unique and "Premium" but what's inside is nothing related.

It's unacceptable
Old Jun 25, 2012, 2:06 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM / AA PP, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Robt760
The last several flights I have taken and received these "Premium Sandwiches" I have had the same disappointments. Wrapper and menu give one description of something unique and "Premium" but what's inside is nothing related.

It's unacceptable
Unacceptable if you have to pay for it :P One of the only things UA is better about over AA is buy on board. However, having the chicken wrap comp'd - for free it tasted just fine to me :P

You know what they say "free tastes better"
Old Jun 25, 2012, 4:50 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
The pic below is dedicated to Short Hair Francis for his contribution to feats of gastronomic endurance in the face of AA poultry.

Looks mostly like the old beef quesadilla

Oh god
Please no more Chicken
Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA former 1K (1.9MM and gone), Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Stripe
That's what AA serves on the short morning flights. You don't get the bag of snack mix until after 10:00 am or so. It would be pretty awful earlier than that.
Can't say I'm a fan of the snack mix. I tend to pick out the nuts and leave the rest. I've often wondered if there are many people who actually like it.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:19 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by Robt760

It's unacceptable
Here's my case/example:

The label says New American Table. Turkey & Chutney Sandwich: Whole Grain bread, smoked turkey breast, apple slices, apple cranberry ginger chutney, romaine lettuce

Inside the wrapper was: Hamburger or brioche style bun, two slices cheddar cheese, smoked turkey, dijonaise PC packet. I didn't take a photo, seemed pretty lame to do so.

The only item that matches the label is the turkey. It's unacceptable. Mislabeling food is a major ding in food service. Somebody needs to crack down on Gate Gourmet...this isn't AA's doing, but they are responsible for the products they sell.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.