Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hit 200K eqp mark----denied 4 EVIP's

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2011, 3:41 pm

Programs: EXP,EX-CK 2.5mm, now lifetime Platinum, ex-UA1K, Marriott- Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by gegarrenton
No kidding
Those of us who have and who have quietly and persistently brought this to AA's attention instead of posting it on the internet are... let's just say... very happy with how AA responded to our politely worded request.

You don't call them... you send them a nice, logical email. When the request is denied, you send them a nice, logical response and ask for someone from the executive offices to call you to discuss your business. Done.

I should cross 250k EQP next week.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 8:48 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by goldengate
Those of us who have and who have quietly and persistently brought this to AA's attention instead of posting it on the internet are... let's just say... very happy with how AA responded to our politely worded request.

You don't call them... you send them a nice, logical email. When the request is denied, you send them a nice, logical response and ask for someone from the executive offices to call you to discuss your business. Done.

Congrats on hitting 250EQP! So you use the web form to contact ACS? With as many EQPs as you have, I'm guessing they often approve your polite request the first time, so you don't always have to respond and ask for the executive office?
Old Jan 10, 2012, 8:25 pm

Programs: OW Em (AA EXP+5MM), AA CK, Delta Silver, UA 1K
Thanks for the tip, Goldengate. I sent the email and got the call tonight.

Originally Posted by goldengate

Old Jan 12, 2012, 8:57 am
Original Poster

I got the official word, by e-mail, from AAdvantage yesterday. The policy of 4 evip's for 50,000 points or miles is gone---replaced by options for those who hit the 125,000 level. I looked at the goodies---not that impressive, IMHO.

Does not appear to be any incentive level beyond that. I think it is unwise to not provide incentives for those of us who can, and do, fly 200,000 or so on an airline. Doesn't generate a lot of sympathy from most folks, I suppose, but it least it can enlighten those who do to know that they should consider putting their flying on a carrier who can, and will, reward them for repeat business.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 9:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, 12 year ex AA CK, AA LT PLT, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver
I would have made the 75k status on DL had I expected this. I know it's to guaranteed but wow. In 2012 I shall go to 125k and then invest in DL or VA
Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by griffingrowl
I would have made the 75k status on DL had I expected this. I know it's to guaranteed but wow. In 2012 I shall go to 125k and then invest in DL or VA
VA?
Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:37 am

Programs: AA PLT 3MM
Originally Posted by FullFare
I got the official word, by e-mail, from AAdvantage yesterday. The policy of 4 evip's for 50,000 points or miles is gone---replaced by options for those who hit the 125,000 level. I looked at the goodies---not that impressive, IMHO.
Why do you say the goodies don't look very impressive? You can get four additional SWUs at 125,000 EQP rather than just the two that you would get under the unofficial policy. Or, put another way, you now get the same for 125,000 EQP as you previously did for 150,000.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:42 am

Programs: AA CK, SPG Plt, Marriott Plt, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dmsdfw
Why do you say the goodies don't look very impressive? You can get four additional SWUs at 125,000 EQP rather than just the two that you would get under the unofficial policy. Or, put another way, you now get the same for 125,000 EQP as you previously did for 150,000.
Thats how i interpreted this as well. Sounds better to me. Although there is no point to go beyond 125k EQP.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 11:15 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
VA?
VX?
Virgin?
Old Jan 12, 2012, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by corporateslave
VX?
Virgin?

Isn't Virgin VX?
Old Jan 12, 2012, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Well, maybe the two of us are not reading the same thing. When I go to the 2011 elite rewards promotion, they only specify 2 EVIP's at the 125,000 level---not 4. If there are 4, can you tell me where they have put that? I would then fly up to 125K and bug out. As of now, not even worth flying to 100,000 IMHO.

I still think AA is unwise to do this. They have made their decision. The real bummer is that I wish they had forewarned flyers far earlier in the year that they were going to do this and do away with the unpublished 4 evip's for 50K flying. It's analagous to how UA screwed us million milers who were counting on 100% bonus for flights. Airlines just do this stuff, I suppose.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 11:44 am

Programs: AA PLT 3MM
Well, maybe the two of us are not reading the same thing. When I go to the 2011 elite rewards promotion, they only specify 2 EVIP's at the 125,000 level---not 4. If there are 4, can you tell me where they have put that? I would then fly up to 125K and bug out. As of now, not even worth flying to 100,000 IMHO.
Here's an extract from the email they sent in August:

2011 Elite Rewards qualification is based on two things: (1) elite status on December 31, 2011, and (2) 2011 elite-qualifying points* earned as of December 31, 2011. Please note that elite-qualifying points activity is the only qualification requirement this year. As an AAdvantage Executive Platinum® member, if you have earned 125,000 or more elite-qualifying points for the year ending December 31, 2011, you will be eligible to choose two of the following Elite Rewards offerings with our compliments:
• 35,000 AAdvantage Bonus Miles
Two (2) One-Way Systemwide Electronic Upgrades
• One (1) One-Year Admirals Club® Membership
• Gift of AAdvantage Gold® Status for a friend
• One (1) 20% discount code for future systemwide travel on American Airlines
It clearly says that you can chose two of the following awards, one of which is two SWUs. In my book, two times two equals four.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 11:51 am

Programs: AA GLD 1MM DL PLT
Maybe it's a calculated gamble by AA to get the really frequent flyers to buy some J and F tickets?
Old Jan 12, 2012, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Here's an extract from the email they sent in August:

It clearly says that you can chose two of the following awards, one of which is two SWUs. In my book, two times two equals four.
dms: Thanks. I hope you're right. I thought you had to pick one and couldn't double it up. If one can do that, I' with you and will do the 4 evip's and bid sweet aloha to AA for the rest of the year

Thanks
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:08 pm

I still think AA is unwise to do this. They have made their decision. The real bummer is that I wish they had forewarned flyers far earlier in the year that they were going to do this and do away with the unpublished 4 evip's for 50K flying. It's analagous to how UA screwed us million milers who were counting on 100% bonus for flights. Airlines just do this stuff, I suppose.
dmsdfw has already touched on how you can earn 4 extra evips for flying 125K EQP this past year.

The "bummer" that you referred to seems to be a necessary one. How do you warn someone on an unpublished benefit? Do you call all your best customers and tell them you no longer provide a certain benefits, which was never published and not aware by most of them?

It may be unwise for AA to not grant additional evips beyond 150K EQP, but I don't see how they can warn people. If anything, publishing an official promotion that gives you 4 evips for only 25K of extra flying would seems to be preferable over an unofficial policy to provide 4 evips for 50K of extra flying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.