Wiki Posts
Search

Best Business Class Seat on Boeing 767-200 / 762 JFK-LAX/SFO

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2011, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Gold
Best Business Class Seat on Boeing 767-200 / 762 JFK-LAX/SFO

I searched here and couldn't find anything. I checked on Seatguru and other then row 8 they said all the window seats are "very noisy" due to the air ducts. Is the noise really bothersome? Better to forgo the window and sit in Seats D&G?
Thanks.

Ron
Old Sep 15, 2011, 6:07 am

Programs: Various
No, row 11 is the one that has the high noise factor, as those seats are right next to the return air or fan unit of some sort. The other rows are 'ok'.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 6:52 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat
Also, for single traveler select seat D&G as you wont have anyone climbing over you all flight.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 7:14 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by Jculhane
Also, for single traveler select seat D&G as you wont have anyone climbing over you all flight.
Stay away from the bulkhead row 7. At boarding you will be battered and bruised by Y pax walking by with their bags swinging in your face. I sat in 7G once on a reroute and hated it.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Stay away from the bulkhead row 7. At boarding you will be battered and bruised by Y pax walking by with their bags swinging in your face. I sat in 7G once on a reroute and hated it.
to add to this, once you're in-flight and they close the curtain separating business and first, the FA's will throw the curtain on you as they move between the cabins. just sat in 7G a few weeks ago. by the end of the flight i was reaching forward and holding the curtain open for them. it was just easier that way. i can't speak for every FA - maybe some are more mindful of this - but not the ones who were working my flight.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 9:00 am

Programs: AA PLT, DL GLD, HHonors Diamond, Priority Club PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
I like 7 A,B. I'm not tall so no bulkhead legroom issue. Biggest benefit no one leans into you...making pitch very long when you recline. close to F bathrooms (never had issue using those). May see a celeb or 2 from those seats as well.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:12 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Platinum, Amex Centurion HHonors Gold, Lifetime AA Admirals Club
Remember FEBO for food service when you select your seat, sometimes row 11 can be bothersome due to misaligned windows and passengers congregating around the lav in business, altho' some FAs do not allow that. Meal service is not that much different from F these days, perhaps one less entree choice.

Last edited by 777Lover2; Sep 15, 2011 at 11:13 am Reason: misspelled words
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:25 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Originally Posted by 777Lover2
Remember FEBO for food service when you select your seat, sometimes row 11 can be bothersome due to misaligned windows and passengers congregating around the lav in business, altho' some FAs do not allow that. Meal service is not that much different from F these days, perhaps one less entree choice.
762 J has 12 pastas and 18 beef/chicken/fish entres loaded on dinner flights.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 1:58 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I like Row 9. It's right in the middle of the cabin and you know that if FEBO is not observed you'll most likely be able to get your meal choice. Plus you don't have to wait too long for drinks/meals etc. to reach you as you might in row 10 or 11.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA SPG Amex
I avoid the bulkheads mostly because of legroom and the rearmost row due to recline and proximity to the lav/galley and their associated noise. I try for 8 on an even flight and 10 on an odd flight. I also prefer center D seats because I do not have to get up for anyone. That said, I prefer B over G for ease of deplaning.

Keep in mind that the side overheads (vs. center) are considerably larger and more accommodating of roll-aboard bags.

At the end of the day, though, I'll take the worst aisle seat in the cabin over the best window; I have to have an aisle.

Last edited by Upgraded!; Sep 16, 2011 at 4:37 pm
Old Sep 16, 2011, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by Upgraded!
Also (and it's been a while since I flew a 762) aren't the center overheads far more accommodating of roll-aboard luggage, or do I have that backwards (I know one is significantly better than the other).
You have it backwards. The center overheads are much, much smaller.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Much muchness here.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA SPG Amex
Originally Posted by sukn
Post edited, thanks for clarifying!
Old Sep 16, 2011, 5:40 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by sukn
But aren't they shared less (i.e. the side ones have to serve two seats/row, while the center ones serve one seat/row), so it doesn't matter as much?
Old Sep 16, 2011, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by BonzoESC
But aren't they shared less (i.e. the side ones have to serve two seats/row, while the center ones serve one seat/row), so it doesn't matter as much?
It doesn't matter much at all assuming your rollerboard will fit in the smaller bins. Many simply do not fit in that smaller space because those bins do not lower or open wide enough. I usually wind up using the bin above my seat for my briefcase and to store the duvet/pillow when not in use.

But you are correct, they are small enough to fit only one rollerboard so are shared less.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.