Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 23, 2013, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update it.

Request Mileage Credit (from AA site offer)
New DIRECTV service must be active 30 days before miles are awarded. Following the 30-day activation period, please allow six to eight weeks for miles to post to your account. For questions regarding your mileage credit, please call 1-877-891-2755. Be prepared to provide your AAdvantage number and order information.

aaglp2k also suggests, in post #18: Send a polite email explaining what happened along with any screen shots of your DirecTV sign up documentation to [email protected]. They are pretty good at responding in my experience because this team represents the executive office at DirecTV.
Print Wikipost

DirecTV Bonus Miles Offers / Posting Issues (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2013, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP
These miles will almost certainly be paid for by DirectTV. I don't believe there is almost anything American can do for you. DirectTV is the company giving you the miles so that is where you need to be calling. Just like you don't call your bank complaining when somebody didn't pay you.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 7:50 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
One data point doesn't make a case for "scam". I'd recommend persisting patiently with DirecTV - as mvoight recommends. AA can't help you, it's (as you have seen) useless to call AA, much as it would be for a Rewards Network dine posting to AAdvantage or a problem with miles from Cartera / AA shopping portal.

Read the wikipost, keep your receipts, etc. available so you can be as specific as possible, call daytime when you will have some time to spend on the telephone - and good luck.

Wearing Moderator hat: And next time, please do us all a favor and search for the existing thread on this topic first. It keeps the information accessible to others, and may offer some suggestions others have already taken the time to post and share. /Moderator hat off again

Use the Search Feature - link to this guideline
Before starting a thread, use the search feature to see if there's a recent thread on your topic. Many questions come up repeatedly on FlyerTalk. If you're wondering about a specific Hilton property in Chicago, for example, there's a good chance a thread - or 10 - already exists. The search link is located in the navigation menu near the top of the Forums page. Keeping information on the same topic confined to as few threads as possible helps members quickly find the information they need.
Don't be a stranger - that's probably why you forgot.

Last edited by JDiver; Sep 23, 2013 at 8:00 pm
Old Sep 24, 2013, 4:12 am

Programs: AA, Delta, LIAT
Thumbs down Re: AA/DirecTV Scam

Thanks for moving my thread to this section as it now allows me to see I'm not the only one getting jerked around on this "promotion."

Sad when you have to allocate a day taking screen shots of web sites and phoning various 3rd-party call centers to simply redeem an offer.

Well, assuming you're able to redeem the offer. I wasn't but I did get a nice 2-year contract commitment to DirecTV.

When AA allows their brand to be commingled with another company they should be a little more diligent about taking care of their members.

Their corporate logo didn't get to be on the DirecTV web site by accident.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 7:59 pm

haven't seen mine
Old Oct 28, 2013, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by airambulance1
Thanks for moving my thread to this section as it now allows me to see I'm not the only one getting jerked around on this "promotion."

Sad when you have to allocate a day taking screen shots of web sites and phoning various 3rd-party call centers to simply redeem an offer.

Well, assuming you're able to redeem the offer. I wasn't but I did get a nice 2-year contract commitment to DirecTV.

When AA allows their brand to be commingled with another company they should be a little more diligent about taking care of their members.

Their corporate logo didn't get to be on the DirecTV web site by accident.
Update:

The AAdvantage desk contacted Directv and were told the miles would not be given to me.

AA gave me 1K miles as a 'sorry.'

Pretty good scam if you ask me.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 8:09 pm

Damn, I just ordered new service today and didn't see this promo. Does anyone think it's possible for me to still get this? Never mind, if you didn't get it then I expect to get nothing as well.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by airambulance1
Update:

The AAdvantage desk contacted Directv and were told the miles would not be given to me.

AA gave me 1K miles as a 'sorry.'

Pretty good scam if you ask me.
I just gave up, going on 6 months with nothing. I signed up for more than just the miles so I'm not too upset but still, buncha B.S.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by tys90
I just gave up, going on 6 months with nothing. I signed up for more than just the miles so I'm not too upset but still, buncha B.S.
AA sells their miles @ $29.95 per 1K miles so getting jerked around for 25K miles represents a not insignificant sum of money.

I may go civil suit in my jurisdiction and see how excited they are about having to hire local counsel to defend. If it costs a couple bucks but saves others from being defrauded I'm okay with it.

Minimally, I expect they'll choose their promotional partners a little more carefully next time. At best the mainstream chat forums and news outlets give this scam some much-needed attention.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 12:36 pm

AA bonus mile offer for ex-customer, time limit?

We have been cutomers for years but with summer travel and not much to watch we could cancel and reapply for the bonus in the fall. Did a search and found no info on time or what is a new customer. Is there some time frame like a lot of credit card limits? (I am still doubtful it is worth the hassle after reading this thread!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.