Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 23, 2013, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update it.

Request Mileage Credit (from AA site offer)
New DIRECTV service must be active 30 days before miles are awarded. Following the 30-day activation period, please allow six to eight weeks for miles to post to your account. For questions regarding your mileage credit, please call 1-877-891-2755. Be prepared to provide your AAdvantage number and order information.

aaglp2k also suggests, in post #18: Send a polite email explaining what happened along with any screen shots of your DirecTV sign up documentation to [email protected]. They are pretty good at responding in my experience because this team represents the executive office at DirecTV.
Print Wikipost

DirecTV Bonus Miles Offers / Posting Issues (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2011, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA P-Pro, Chase SP, SPG Gold
DirecTV Bonus Miles Offers / Posting Issues (consolidated)

Earn 10,000 AAdvantageŽ Bonus Miles!
For a limited time, American Airlines AAdvantageŽ members have access to an exclusive offer from DIRECTV. Besides being #1 in sports and offering the most full-time HD channels, now for the first time ever, NFL Sunday Ticket will be included at no extra charge. Plus, when you sign up, you will earn 10,000 AAdvantage miles!

1-877-891-2392 or visiting www.aa.directv.com. Please make sure
to have your AAdvantage number ready when you call.

DON'T JUST WATCH TV. DIRECTVTM.

Manage Your Email Preferences Update Your Personal Information Unsubscribe View Privacy Policy

Requires 2-year agreement.** Offer ends 11/23/11. Credit card required (except in MA & PA). New approved DIRECTV customers only (lease required). Hardware and programming available separately. Other conditions apply.

Additional Terms and Conditions

This email was sent because you subscribe to AAdvantageŽ promotions emails.

This is a post-only email. Please do not reply to this message. For all inquiries, visit www.aa.com/contactaa, or send an email to [email protected], or contact us in writing at:
American Airlines AAdvantageŽ program, PO Box 619688, D/FW Airport Texas USA 75261-9688

AAdvantageŽ Program Terms and Conditions
American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantageŽ program and its terms and conditions at any time without notice, and to end the AAdvantageŽ program with six months notice. Any such changes may affect your ability to use the awards or mileage credits that you have accumulated. Unless specified, AAdvantageŽ miles earned through this promotion/offer do not count towards elite status qualification. American Airlines is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies. For complete details about the AAdvantageŽ program, visit
AAdvantageŽ program terms and conditions

AmericanAirlines, AAdvantage, AAdvantage Gold, AAdvantage Platinum, AAdvantage Executive Platinum, AAdvantage with Scissor Eagle design, AA with Scissor Eagle design, Scissor Eagle design, and AA.com are marks of American Airlines, Inc.

oneworld is a registered trademark of oneworld Alliance, LLC.

Š 2011 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Here is the landing page at DIRECTV

http://www.aa.directv.com/DTVAPP/index.jsp

-----

This consolidated thread has been set up for DirecTV AAdvantage miles bonus offers and issues surrounding those offers, from 2011 onwards.

~Microwave, AA Forum Co-moderator

Last edited by Microwave; Aug 13, 2012 at 5:59 am Reason: Mod note
Old Sep 12, 2011, 4:34 pm

Got a similar offer in my email today, but for 12,500 miles.

http://www.AA1wayflight.directv.com
Old Sep 12, 2011, 7:01 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Be sure to take screenshots etc. as necessary - member shave occcasionally had trouble getting all the miles they were entitled to with these offers.

See the older thread Earn 10,000 AAdvantage Miles With DIRECTV

The may be merged into a DIRECTV offers (consolidated) thread.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 8:08 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by JDiver
Be sure to take screenshots etc. as necessary - member shave occcasionally had trouble getting all the miles they were entitled to with these offers.

See the older thread Earn 10,000 AAdvantage Miles With DIRECTV

The may be merged into a DIRECTV offers (consolidated) thread.
Definitely - in fact just tonight I received an email back from my inquiry to Directv about miles not posting (from a May 2011 order). They said I "didn't sign up through one of the applicable offer venues". Just sent back the screenshots so we'll see.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA P-Pro, Chase SP, SPG Gold
Red face

The may be merged into a DIRECTV offers (consolidated) thread.[/QUOTE]

Oops, rookie mistake
Old Sep 12, 2011, 10:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
It took me 3 calls and 5 emails, but I finally received my bonus miles. I checked their work throughout the enrollment process, but it still didn't happen as claimed. So I would caution that these will not post automatically. Document it all. Good deal, though, if you're signing up anyway.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 6:03 am

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
I can manage the US credit card (and probably address) but I somehow doubt there is a DirectTV satellite in line of sight from my roof....

Do they have a Singapore affiliate?

Fred
Old Sep 13, 2011, 7:58 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Got the offer for 12,500 miles. This may just make me switch. The UA offer is only for 2,000 miles.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 4:35 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
As much of a miles junkie one might be, I suggest checking slickdeals.net's D*TV thread, as the price one can get using these plans that include miles are $100s more expensive than the best price available (but not qualifying for miles).
Old Sep 14, 2011, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by canyonleo
As much of a miles junkie one might be, I suggest checking slickdeals.net's D*TV thread, as the price one can get using these plans that include miles are $100s more expensive than the best price available (but not qualifying for miles).
My deal (and the other programming options available when I ordered) was the exact same pricing being advertised in the Sunday paper flyers, on TV, and on the main DIRECTV website. Maybe it's changed since May but there was no difference at all in pricing at the time.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 6:53 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
slickdeals.net is to saving money what FT is to points/miles

Originally Posted by 84fiero
My deal (and the other programming options available when I ordered) was the exact same pricing being advertised in the Sunday paper flyers, on TV, and on the main DIRECTV website. Maybe it's changed since May but there was no difference at all in pricing at the time.
You know how one thinks he knows about mileage programs until he discovers FT?

Those flyers have basically a "rip-off price", and are hundreds more expensive than what's offered if one calls and bargains/negotiates. Check out the nearly 2000 post thread in slickdeal's forums on how to get a better price (hint: if you don't want to read 50 pages of posts, only call on a Monday or Tuesday, talk ONLY to Retentions - yes, even for a new customer - and read at least enough recent posts to find out exactly what the best offers are).

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthr...140292&page=49
Old Sep 14, 2011, 11:50 am

ugh, i JUST got directv installed last saturday (in time for the NFL week1) and of course this email gets sent Monday. I've already tried many times calling to see if i can get the deal (retro) but no luck. It needs to be asked for at time of order. And to add insult to injury, i saw on costco's page a deal for $180 costco cashback for ordering directv thru them....(which may be worth more than 10,000 AA miles depending on how you value them)
Old Sep 14, 2011, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat
You should be able to get $100-200 back, which I think is much better than 10K miles
Old Sep 14, 2011, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by canyonleo
You know how one thinks he knows about mileage programs until he discovers FT?

Those flyers have basically a "rip-off price", and are hundreds more expensive than what's offered if one calls and bargains/negotiates. Check out the nearly 2000 post thread in slickdeal's forums on how to get a better price (hint: if you don't want to read 50 pages of posts, only call on a Monday or Tuesday, talk ONLY to Retentions - yes, even for a new customer - and read at least enough recent posts to find out exactly what the best offers are).

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthr...140292&page=49
Wow, wish I'd thought to investigate a bit more. Oh well, lesson learned for the future.

It's not going well trying to get the miles. Their first response was "sorry you had to call a certain phone number to qualify and you didn't do that" I signed up online through the www.aa.directv.com page linked from aa.com. Next I even sent the screen shot (sorry I'm not good with manipulating the file and linking to a post in FT or I'd post a redacted copy). The order page has my AA number entered in the box that reads "Thank you for entering your AAdvantage number...you will receive 10,000 AAdvantage miles..."

Their response was the same:
...In reviewing the service, I found the offer required a specific number to be contacted with our Sales group in order to qualify for this offer. Your account was ordered through our online sales support. This offer was not available when ordering in this manner. Any new customer offers avialable are only available during point of sale. Once an account is activated it is no longer eligible for the new customer offer. We cannot modify the order for your service as your programming is now active for use...
Which is a flat-out lie. Sure, they'd love for you to call so that you have absolutely zero proof when they fail to post the miles.

Between this and the online shopping mall errors and difficulty getting miles to post, I'm about fed up with affiliate offers.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, most hotel programs
DirectTV Points Denied Because I Live in a Condo

I signed up for DirectTV to get AAdvantage 7500 points. (Interestingly, the AA site shows 7500 pts but the DirectTV site shows 10k pts.) I tried to use website and then tried the special phone number, however, because I live in a condo they redirected me to sign up through a 3rd-party installation company. I tried to call several times to talk to several people but got the same answer.

After installation, I got a welcome email from DirectTV with my account number. I called DirectTV to get the points associated with my account but they said it is not possible because I didn't sign up through the AA website or phone #, although they admit it was not possible to sign up that way. That's bogus! Nowhere in small print does it say points are only available to single family home residences. So far I've had no luck in getting these points. Any ideas?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.