Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AE flights to ASE

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2011, 6:06 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by sts603
Seriously AA - add a 9:30pm or 10pm LAX-SFO CR7 which turns around at 6am....
Doesn't the crew require an 8 or 10 hr layover? That means they wouldn't be able to turn it around in time for 6 am. Of course, that's assuming there's only one AE crew...
Old Aug 19, 2011, 7:15 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by living near shamu
Doesn't the crew require an 8 or 10 hr layover? That means they wouldn't be able to turn it around in time for 6 am. Of course, that's assuming there's only one AE crew...
You could do it as a standover (I think that's the term). Basically the crew comes on duty for the last flight of the night and remains on duty (even though they do get a hotel, etc.) through the first a.m. flight back. This approach to scheduling is valuable in situations like this but also to keep morning departures on schedule. The last flight of the night is often late. If that crew is expected to work the morning flight - you end up with the common situation that the flight is late because the crew needed their 8 hours of rest.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 7:55 pm

First wx cancellation

Weather in Aspen this afternoon (Dec 21).

3887 DFW-ASE was diverted to GJT
3888 ASE-LAX was cancelled
presumably the aeroplane flew GJT-LAX without any pax

There would have been diversions on Sunday Jan 1 as we had very windy conditions at ASE from 06:00 to 14:00 and no commercial jets landed before ~14:00

Today, Jan 11 it is very windy at Aspen so 3889 LAX-ASE was diverted to GJT and 3885 ASE-DFW was cancelled

Today, Jan 16, snow and wind had 3889 LAX-ASE & 3885 ASE-DFW cnx due to wx. The flights DFW-ASE-LAX are showing a 10 hour delay for Monday Evening with the flights now expected to operate the following morning.
At least we are getting much needed snow - 10 inches so far.

Today Feb 27 3887 DFW-ASE and 3888 ASE-LAX cnx - not sure of the reason nor if the flight came in from LAX this morning and the on-going leg ASE-DFW. Weather was predicted to be severe from 14:00 local time so it may have been a preemptive cancellation due to the weather forecast. (although to me now at the scheduled time of arrival and departure they would have gotten in and out without much difficulty)

Today April 3 2012,
3889 LAX-ASE arrived on time at midday but 3885 ASE-DFW was showing a ~2 hour delay for departure before finally being cancelled. 3887 DFW-ASE was cancelled and since the aeroplane never departed for DFW it remained on the ground at ASE for ~six hours to operate 3888 ASE-LAX departing on time at 18.05. I had always thought the crews would have started and finished their 'rotations' in DFW after overnighting in LAX. Weather was very mixed at Aspen with sun, low clouds and strong gusts at various times throughout the day.

I now see the IRROPS was due to severe weather, with a tornado warning, at DFW April 3 2012

Last edited by Aspen; Apr 3, 2012 at 6:05 pm Reason: Unusual AA delays at ASE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.